• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 182: Ash's Pokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Paul also had the distinct advantage of knowing what Ash had ahead of time and how to prepare which was another thing Reggie pointed out.

It's true his sinnoh pokemon have come very far in the short amount of time since then, but even so Ash does need to use the suprise factor against Paul as well and throw him off his game(after all Paul doesn't know Ash has all these pokemon.), if he goes in with the same pokemon he used before, even though he has a new one and two evolved, Paul still has the edge granted Infernape and Staraptor would take some pokemon down with them before they fell...but Paul would still win because the outcome would be the same, if Ash wants to mess up Paul's game he's gotta use pokemon Paul won't see coming.

You are right. Ash has to do something different from how he did in the full-battle because Paul had already predicted how the match would go on (if i am right, he even must have predicted that Ash would continue using Grotle against Houchkrow when he switched it in place of Electabuzz, the same goes for Buizel's case as well).

Since Paul has read Ash's battling methods completely, Ash must also respond to that in same way as well by changing his battle style.

Even though this would be a off-topic, but based on my assumption only Pikachu, Infernape & Torterra from the present Sinnoh team are the right choice for using against Paul (but he has to look out for not doing the same mistakes he did in that full battle, when he used those 3). The rest three have to be some other pokemons.
As for Paul's team, i can only say that he would use Torterra & Electabuzz/Electivire for the match. The other are unknown facts.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I think it would be a good idea if Ash switched his Sinnoh Team when facing Paul, people say they have to fight him because they have a point to prove, but only Torterra and Infernape do. Torterra needs to beat Honchkrow.
I think Ash should use his reserves from this episode to beat him, and have a team consisting of:
Snorlax, Muk, Totodile, Torterra, Infernape, and Glalie
I think that team would be able to beat him, if Totodile has come back stronger and perhaps evolved.
Snorlax can take many hits, causing a problem for Paul, and it is a major powerhouse. I expect it to take down some of his stronger pokemon.
Muk was also a strong Pokemon, and I'd love to see it fight against the likes of Magmortar and swallowing it.
Totodile could come back very strong, with some new moves and could even evolve, ready to take down some of Paul's pokemon.
Torterra has a point to prove against Honchkrow, so it needs to take it down, even if it goes down itself.
Infernape has the story with Paul so naturally he'd use it.
And Glalie did so well in its league, it should be used here to defeat some of Paul's pokemon.

HoennMaster

Pikachu, Torterra, Infernape, Sceptile, Glalie, and Staraptor, I'd love for that to be his team when battling Paul, but Sceptile won't be around...that we know of yet.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
God I hope Totodile doesn't evolve!

hack

Banned
Totodile its coming back he so he should be even more stronger then before with out having to evolve and take down one of Paul's Pokemon,but i think Ash's Sinnoh team should be the ones to be use agianst Paul's Pokemon team.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Totodile vs Weavile would be my best bet. Did he take down Harrison's Sneasel? Can't remember...

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Since Paul has read Ash's battling methods completely, Ash must also respond to that in same way as well by changing his battle style.
Do you think he can do it with the Sinnoh team? I'm not sure about it.
On the one hand, bring back the reserves to the battle vs Paul is not good because it takes screentime from the Sinnoh team. On the other hand, maybe Paul will be surprised from the new-old tactics of Ash. Let's see if Ash will try a few combinations of the Sinnoh and Kanto-Johto teams in this episode.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Do you think he can do it with the Sinnoh team? I'm not sure about it.
On the one hand, bring back the reserves to the battle vs Paul is not good because it takes screentime from the Sinnoh team. On the other hand, maybe Paul will be surprised from the new-old tactics of Ash. Let's see if Ash will try a few combinations of the Sinnoh and Kanto-Johto teams in this episode.

Yeah but they can easily handle that the screentime. They can give the Sinnoh team screentime by letting them battle as a team against 2 of the rivals to make up for not fighting Paul.
So I guess it could be Sinnoh Team Vs Conway and Sinnoh Team Vs Nando.
And then Paul Vs the team I stated earlier. Plus the 2 main Sinnoh Pokemon of Ash's team get another battle, against Paul, the 2 that actually have to battle him, Torterra and Infernape. Now that is something I would love to see in the League, and it means Paul won't know Ash's tatics making it a fair fight, and they could do it so Paul becomes cocky, and decides to use the same team from the full battle, so Ash uses a random team and Paul uses his usual team. Ok I'm clearly just blabbering on now :p

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
If things go by how i think it could go, then there won't be a single match were a particular region team would be used for a whole battle. If Ash is really using all his reserve pokemons then the team for each match in the league would be made based on the need of the situation.
In short in the Sinnoh League there won't be a Sinnoh team or Hoenn team or Johto team or Kanto team, it would be simply Ash's whole team (since thats the point of using reserve).

Presently Ash has a total of 25 pokemons with him from all the four regions (counting Gliscor, but not counting the rest 29 Tauros he has and the ones he has released or forgotten like Primeape or Pidgeot).

Out of those 25 pokemon, 16 have been most probably confirmed by the opening theme. The rest 8 are still have possiblity of appearing & one pokemons situation is in question marks (i.e., Gliscor).

If Ash uses all of his 25 pokemons, he can have 4 full-battles in the league with each battle using different pokemons.
Checking Ash's previous battle records,
- Ash didn't get to have a full battle in the Kanto League
- In Johto league, Ash had 2 full on battles
- In Hoenn league, he had 3 full battles (if i remember right)

So its kind of obvious to me that Ash would have more than 3 full battles in the Sinnoh League.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Pikachu will be in every battle I bet.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Pikachu will be in every battle I bet.

I wouldn't bet on it, this saga has been more focused on the other pokemon, and Pikachu has taken a backseat (thank god) in this series. And lets not forget the many more pokemon returning to get focus pushing Pikachu back even more.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yeah but they can easily handle that the screentime. They can give the Sinnoh team screentime by letting them battle as a team against 2 of the rivals to make up for not fighting Paul.
And then Paul Vs the team I stated earlier. Plus the 2 main Sinnoh Pokemon of Ash's team get another battle, against Paul, the 2 that actually have to battle him, Torterra and Infernape. Now that is something I would love to see in the League, and it means Paul won't know Ash's tatics making it a fair fight, and they could do it so Paul becomes cocky, and decides to use the same team from the full battle, so Ash uses a random team and Paul uses his usual team. Ok I'm clearly just blabbering on now :p

But Ash is always fighting vs Paul with his Sinnoh team. Paul maybe knows Ash's Sinnoh team well, but don't forget that Ash's reserves don't know Paul's pokemon, which could be a problem for them.

I don't think there's a reserve pokemon that should be used vs Paul instead of the Sinnoh team. They have gotten stronger with each passing season in order to beat Paul, not so they won't even battle him. Ash just should learn them new tactics, especially with Gible and Torterra which Paul still does not know.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Paul maybe knows Ash's Sinnoh team well, but don't forget that Ash's reserves don't know Paul's pokemon, which could be a problem for them.

Yes but remember, Ash's Sinnoh team, along with all his pokemon don't know Nando's team, Conway's team, Barry's team, or whoever he faces.

Dax

Legend

It's that Sinnoh has especially developed a story where Paul dismisses Ash's Sinnoh team. Reserves have no business battling Paul because they weren't the ones being insulted, defeated and developed with a passion to defeat Paul. By using reserves Ash will prove Paul was right; he was never able to truly train his team to a level where it can defeat him.

I think he should use reserves against the other rivals and save Sinnoh's team for Paul.

And when it comes to battling Paul. I believe Torterra and Staraptor have battled Paul the most out of Ash's team.

Staraptor:

- Ash's first battle with Paul
- Poke Ringer
- Full Battle

Infernape:

- Battle it went berserk
- Full Battle

Torterra:

- In the episode Paul captured Ursaring
- Vs. Honckrow
- Full Battle

If Ash uses reserves I at least expect to see Torterra, Staraptor and Infernape in his team to battle Paul. They have the most history with Paul.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
It's that Sinnoh has especially developed a story where Paul dismisses Ash's Sinnoh team. Reserves have no business battling Paul because they weren't the ones being insulted, defeated and developed with a passion to defeat Paul. By using reserves Ash will prove Paul was right; he was never able to truly train his team to a level where it can defeat him.

I think he should use reserves against the other rivals and save Sinnoh's team for Paul.

And when it comes to battling Paul. I believe Torterra and Staraptor have battled Paul the most out of Ash's team.

Staraptor:

- Ash's first battle with Paul
- Poke Ringer
- Full Battle

Infernape:

- Battle it went berserk
- Full Battle

Torterra:

- In the episode Paul captured Ursaring
- Vs. Honckrow
- Full Battle

If Ash uses reserves I at least expect to see Torterra, Staraptor and Infernape in his team to battle Paul. They have the most history with Paul.

Ah....yeah that's a good point, using reserves proves Paul was right.
But still, is it really worth using a team which Paul knows very well and risking defeat, or using a team which Paul doesn't know well, and makes it more even.
I still think even though they have history, Ash should consider using his reserves.
But I know it will be his Sinnoh Team that will end up facing him.

Dax

Legend
Ah....yeah that's a good point, using reserves proves Paul was right.
But still, is it really worth using a team which Paul knows very well and risking defeat, or using a team which Paul doesn't know well, and makes it more even.
I still think even though they have history, Ash should consider using his reserves.
But I know it will be his Sinnoh Team that will end up facing him.

I think Paul's demise is that he doesn't know what Ash has learned after the full battle. He doesn't know Buizel knows Ice Punch, that Infernape might control Blaze after the Gym Battle, that Grotle evolved and that Ash battled Bertha and learned a valuable battling lesson. Staraptor already proved it can go toe to toe with Paul's pokemon so the only one that really is missing something is Pikachu and whoever ends up being his sixth pokemon.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I wouldn't bet on it, this saga has been more focused on the other pokemon, and Pikachu has taken a backseat (thank god) in this series. And lets not forget the many more pokemon returning to get focus pushing Pikachu back even more.

Ah but he was on every team so he might participate in all of the full battles in any case. Respectively I am just threorizing but it could be true right?

Raikaria

You will obey!
At a guess, the gathering is going to be Professor Oak showing up, with Ash's pokemon with him, including Charizard, ect.

When you think about it, it's not shocking that Reserves are going to be used. Seeing as Ash is gonna get a Torterra, I highly doubt both Paul and Ash will use one in their battle, and Torterra's Paul's Pikachu [Although, Gary didn't use Umbreon...], so Ash probobly will sub Torterra out in that battle.

I think, due to the lack of a filler arc, the Legendary Trainer is going to be the one where Ash pulls out the powerhouses. I mean Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, ect. Of course, Pikachu's gonna be the one to finish the Legendary [If the trainer has one].

Status
Not open for further replies.