• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 182: Ash's Pokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddiUrsa

OMG! Cyndaquil evolves in this episode?! About time!

Yeah, I kinda late as always...

Cyndaquil was my favourite member of Satoshi's Johto team back then ( Bayleaf didn't interest me as a species, Totodile was too much dancing/donald duck, noctowl didn't do anything and phanpy was like noctowl, Heracross was gone after a very short while on the team) and I am happy that it finally evolves.

I hope the Johto guys get an 6 VS 6 battle in the league, while the Hoenn guy ( I guess Glalie,Corpish,"Donphan",the turtle, swellow and sceptile would rock) would get one as well...but this is unlikely.

Anyway, I won't expect too much from the writers now, but Cyndaquil should take part in the league after it evolves. I guess training them for the league is the reason Satoshi brought them back anyway. I prefer Typhlosion of the 3 cynda.stages the most, but the 2nd stage ( can't be bothered to look its english name up, it is Igelava in german, btw :p ) is good enough.

I guess the opening didn't spoil ALL evos after all.

King Charizard

Still can't find this opening everyone is talking about. Anyone has a link?

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
The opening included only what 6-7 episodes in advance, spoiling Togekiss, Infernape and Torterra.

The evolution is occurring in DP182, so it either means they have suddenly changed their mind about Ash's team or they simply haven't even planned the very episode at the time of the opening which would explain the Cyndaquil in it

Oh, and the third option would be, they still wanted to have a few surprises in store for us to prove once again the DP saga is unpredictable and that Johto team isn't that lame.

Last edited:

WarriorX

Yeah, openings generally don't spoil everything. Like, since Cyndaquil --> Quilava wasn't shown, maybe we could get a Totodile, Buizel, Corphish, or Gible evo as well.

dman_dustin

The evolution is occurring in DP182, so it either means they have suddenly changed their mind about Ash's team or they simply haven't even planned the very episode at the time of the opening which would explain the Cyndaquil in it
That doesn't exactly make sense considering the ending shot of the opening (with all the specific Pokemon). Plus with the fact that they are animating episodes 6 months in advance till we actually see them, they should've known exactly what was going to happen by know.

Oh, and the third option would be, they still wanted to have a few surprises in store for us to prove once again the DP saga is unpredictable and that Johto team isn't that lame.
This option is the most likely. Considering that about 25 episodes will pass by this episode, makes it that likely. I can understand spoiling 3 team changes. But spoiling a member change who isn't on the main team, someone would be asking questions.

And hypothetically (even though there's no chance of it happening) speaking if Quilava was Dawn's for example, the reason why it wasn't spoiled is because Quilava wasn't used for the Grand Festival, and if Quilava was there, some people would be scratching their heads when the Grand Festival came and gone and she still had Cyndaquil.

Likewise with Ash's Quilava. Younger fans might be scratching their heads as well; if they know Ash did have a Cyndaquil as well, but were confused since they don't remember Cyndaquil evolving so it would be confusing. I say younger fans simply because older fans those who actually watched the Johto series could come up with some reasons on how it became a Quilava, Off-screen, or maybe at the league. But all at the same time it would still be confusing as to why Quilava is there in the opening instead of Cyndaquil.

So the best way to do it, is to surprise us. Keep it as a Cyndaquil, that way it's evolution could come unexpectedly and without hassle.

Although I'm more interested (and sorry if this has been discussed before in some fashion), where's the rest of the comic? Like absolute proof that it is Ash's Quilava for example. Or maybe if any of Ash's other Pokemon show up. Or how they show up. Or why they show up.

Mr. Guy

Banned
Cyndaquil evolving into Quilava is great, but it really needs to evolve all the way to Typhlosion, to complete the fully evolved Fire starters.

Ash: Charizard, Typhlosion, and Infernape
May: Blaziken

fosterfossil

The prey bites back!
ok where are people getting cyndaquil evolves into quilava? It isn't in the opening at all and I highly doubt they would chose cyndaquil to evolve. Totodile is far more likely to evolve.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
ok where are people getting cyndaquil evolves into quilava? It isn't in the opening at all and I highly doubt they would chose cyndaquil to evolve. Totodile is far more likely to evolve.

Maybe you should go back and check the evidence first before saying that. Go back a few pages, you'll see a scan of Pikachu, Snorlax, Bayleef, Totodile, Corphish and Piplup running away from TR, and then Cyndaquil hiding behind a rock, then a giant hand going to grab it, and it evolves.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
So only 5 Pokemon? DAMNIT!!! Where is Oak and his regular other 5?

shac

i am still very curious about how these pokemon are coming to sinnoh, and why only them and not the others? when do we get an official summary for this episode?

kingkoopa1080

that is only one screen. im sure more of his pokemon are there as well. If not this episode then the episodes following to get ready for the league.

thunderblade12

Why does everyone think it's just going to be those five that appear in this episode? It's not like all of Ash's reserves could have been squeezed into that one page manga scan.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

Here is the scan which tells us about Cyndaquil's evolution (posting it again for people how haven't seen it yet).
[IMG139]http://i45.*******.com/2428i69.jpg[/IMG139]
I think it would be a good idea if "Maganon" (this threads creator) posts the scan on the first page of this thread, this way people won't have to go through the 30 odd pages to find the scan.
Why does everyone think it's just going to be those five that appear in this episode? It's not like all of Ash's reserves could have been squeezed into that one page manga scan.
You are right.

Also the fact that the manga in question doesn't contain the whole episode in it (example of this is DP 156, the manga started the story from half point of the episode, after TR had captured the Altaria).

The manga story also tends to be a bit different for the anime story (example in DP 156, they showed that Gible freed the Altaria from that glass ball with its fluke Draco Meteor based on the manga story, where as in the anime it was Pikachu who freed it from the glass ball. Also, the manga story showed that Gible saved both Ash & Dawn when they were falling from the cliff, where as in the anime it was only Ash being saved by Gible).

But the manga & the anime are same in the case of major things that happen in the story like in this case Cyndaquil's evolution, or in DP 163 case, Infernape's evolution or in DP 133's case, telling us that Ash would be losing the double battle against Paul in DP 132.

On a side note, isn't the Newtype magazine which usually has new episode titles and summary supposed to be releasing today (is it released on the 5th or the 6th ??).
I am just asking this because it might have the title & info for this episode as well as DP 183 which would give us a vague idea on when the Sinnoh League is actually going to start.

Last edited:

whataffah

If you look at all the Johto starters, all of them need to get to the final stage. This is most likely impossible to happen all in the league, or just happen at all, but it would fit great:
Bayleef --> Meganium (All grass types fully evolved, owned by Ash. Also, this would get Sceptile a new lover, and the Egg-thing would come in the anime)
Cyndaquil --> Quilava --> Typhlosion (All fire-types fully evolved, owned by main-characters. Though, it wouldn't fit Ash great, I think)
Totodile --> Croconaw --> Feraligatr (A fully evolved water-type starter, finally! This is the only chance to get that done. Piplup is holding a everstone, Squirtle is leading the Squirtle squad, and Marshtomp is dumped. Thereby, Totodile makes a comeback in the league)

In a comeback of the Johto pokes, the need to shine! The Kanto pokes shined in the BF without evolving at all. I think the Johto pokes need to evolve.

I think Totodile needs a 'counterpart'. Bayleef has Sceptile as her 'love-counterpart', Cyndaquil/Quilava has Dawn's Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur has May's... eh... Venusaur. You know, I'll quit. =$

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Bayleef --> Meganium (All grass types fully evolved, owned by Ash. Also, this would get Sceptile a new lover, and the Egg-thing would come in the anime)

Bulbasaur says Hi!
"BULBA BULBASAUR!"

Status
Not open for further replies.