• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 182: Ash's Pokemons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
I feel bad for the poor crab. :( oh well, his only moment was evolving in the indigo league.

I'm hoping Paul will be a little impressed with Ash's reserves, although he left most of the best ones back with Oak...

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
It's not like Kingler has that much luck anyways:

- When Ash was trying to catch it , he beat it with a stick
- In the Whirl Cup it lost to Psyduck... to Psyduck!!
- In Johto League it got toasted by some Voltorb and couldn't participate
- No Battle Frontier or Sinnoh League for it

If I was Kingler I'd be like : Screw this *****, I'm training myself!!

**** that would be every Pokemon life story after he threw them away.

I hope for a Oak reunion episode. Should add that to my signature.

While we are at it no other fuc*ing Oaked one just those 5. Where is the love?

cauldronmaster

And I think Kingler is only being mentioned as it is (at least to me) an eyesore that the wellshowcased Corphish is returning in favour over Kingler, who hasn't even been seen since the Johto league, where it didn't even fight. I mean the comparison was imminent, as they have somewhat the same movepool and obvious physical similarities as crustaceons(sp)... I mean if you're going to bring old undershowcased pokes back, Kingler is the one to pick over Corphish, but they didn't, and it isn't fair in my opinion.

Which, judging from the writers point of view, is EXACTLY why Corphish is going to evolve during this league. It's the only thing they can do with the ruffian that they can't do with Kingler. Normally, I'm not adamant about this kind of speculation, but in this case, there's no alternative scenario.

Now the real question about Corphish is this: Will it evolve into Crawdaunt or into a yet to be revealed 5th gen split evo?

thunderblade12

I still don't see why it even crosses anyone's mind that the reserves being used in the League means the Sinnoh team will be shafted. It won't happen. Each reserve from the opening will probably only be used for a single battle. The Johto starters have a chance of being used like twice, but I doubt it. I expect the League to be the AG Battle Frontier all over again. This time with the battles close together.

Ash used the following the Battle Frontier:
Charizard
Squirtle
Bulbasaur
Donphan/Torkoal (which ever one you consider a "reserve")
Snorlax
Tauros
Heracross

*Vampire-like voice* Seven, seven reserves. Ah-ah-Ah

Ash is using the following in the League:
Snorlax(The writers sure love this fatass)
Muk
Bayleef
Quilava
Totodile
Noctowl
Donphan
Glalie
Corphish
Torkoal

*Vampire-like voice* Ten, ten reserves. Ah-ah-Ah

The AG team certainty wasn't neglected in the BF just because the addition of a few reserves. I'm sure Ash will battle at least seven opponents in the League. About three or four in the earlier rounds and about three or four in the full battle rounds. The Sinnoh team will probably be even less neglected than the AG team when we take into consideration that a good deal of the League battles, probably about half, will be full battles (6 on 6.) Ash vs Brandon had the most pokemon used of any Battle Frontier battle, with both trainers using four pokemon. All of the others were either 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3, or double battles.

Seriously, don't expect the likes of Snorlax, Corphish, Muk, and Donphan to get three or more battles. They'll probably get a battle each and that'll be all they wrote.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I feel bad for the poor crab. :( oh well, his only moment was evolving in the indigo league.

I'm hoping Paul will be a little impressed with Ash's reserves, although he left most of the best ones back with Oak...
Well I thought about something. If Ash got the 8th badge and Torterra wasn't there when he showed the badge, maybe the writers are really going with the statement "we-don't-have-enough-place-so-Torterra-can't-be-here". Kinlger and the others like Swellow still might appear if it's true.
Seriously, don't expect the likes of Snorlax, Corphish, Muk, and Donphan to get three or more battles. They'll probably get a battle each and that'll be all they wrote.
I only expect that Donphan will get more than one battle. Snorlax and Corphish shouldn't get more than 1 battle.

Shadoguardian

The way I see it, I get the impression that Ash is planning on challenging the league with:
=Pokemon from the current region
(Gible, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor and Buizel);
+Argubaly the weakest Oaked Pokemon (Some/Most of the Kanto/Johto collection);
+Pokemon with the least face time (Snorlax, Donphan, Glalie, Muk, Kingler);
-Kanto's Powerhouses (Kanto Beginner Trio);
-Fully evolved Hoenn team Pokemon (Swellow, Sceptile);
+Pikachu.
Ash's Sinnoh League Team

Last edited:

GaZsTiC

Alternating
The way I see it, I get the impression that Ash is planning on challenging the league with:
=Pokemon from the current region
(Gible, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor and Buizel);
+Argubaly the weakest Oaked Pokemon (Some/Most of the Kanto/Johto collection);
+Pokemon with the least face time (Snorlax, Donphan, Glalie, Muk, Kingler);
-Kanto's Powerhouses (Kanto Beginner Trio);
-Fully evolved Hoenn team Pokemon (Swellow, Sceptile);
+Pikachu.
Ash's Sinnoh League Team

About right. Kingler won't be there.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Is it even confirmed that Ash'll use his reserves in the Sinnoh League(Sorry but I am a little behind in these news). Again if Ash does use them, I sure hope they give the less used poke'mon decent wins and matches.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Is it even confirmed that Ash'll use his reserves in the Sinnoh League(Sorry but I am a little behind in these news). Again if Ash does use them, I sure hope they give the less used poke'mon decent wins and matches.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

I don't expect the likes of which you have listed to get more then one battle. But I do expect that whoever they go up against is of noteworthy strength. So they do get a moment of glory but don't steal the oppurtunity for others to take a win.

Case and point:

Snorlax takes down 4 pokemon in Johto, not all of them were really noteworthy.. lets say for example Steelix... If it just took down the two pokemon vs Gary and made those look even stronger it would've opened up two pokemon against whom the Johto team could get victories, and wouldn't have degraded Snorlax' reputation at all...

So yeah, let the rivals have beasty pokemon, and have Ash' beast take out those. If that makes any sense at all. One win over a major beast = four wins against lesser beasts, which opens up 3 wins for other pokemon (which each could also be against a beast), that's basically what it comes down to.

About right. Kingler won't be there.

And he forgot Corphish! xD

Blazing Charmander

We were first given the impression that Ash would be using his reserves in the League from the latest Japanese opening, where there's a wide shot of Ash and his rivals in the stadium with a fair few of Ash's reserves on his side as well as his main Sinnoh roster. However, there are a noteworthy few who don't make an appearance in the opening, i.e the Kanto starters, Sceptile and Kingler. The latest scan for this episode almost ensures that the opening is accurate given that the Johto starters, Snorlax and Corphish feature in this episode.

We can only assume that the scene in the opening and this episode foreshadows some heavy use of Ash's reserves in the Sinnoh League itself, because why else would he want to bring back his reserves en masse so close to the tournament?

BM14murph

Master Collector
With the revelation of Cyndaquil evolving, which isn't shown in the opening i believe we could still the likes of Kingler, Sceptile, Swellow etc

I'm sure we'll see or get a mention at least from the others sure remember in spurt we saw pokemon which didn't even appear so why not have pokemon who aren't in the opening appear which is the opposite to what happened in AG

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
With the revelation of Cyndaquil evolving, which isn't shown in the opening i believe we could still the likes of Kingler, Sceptile, Swellow etc

I'm sure we'll see or get a mention at least from the others sure remember in spurt we saw pokemon which didn't even appear so why not have pokemon who aren't in the opening appear which is the opposite to what happened in AG

That's indeed totally the opposite, and therefore in my opinion, a bit unlikely. I mean with Spurt, those were all the pokemon that Ash ever had, no exception, and that a few of those would be appearing is only logical. Now there's a select group which is indeed the opposite, so I don't expect Sceptile or the likes appearing..

Waterpokes

If they find up a good reason why some Pokemon isn't there, like Swellow, Sceptile, Bulbasaur etc, then I can actually live with that.

If Oak's ranch was attacked by bounty hunters, mafia bosses, gangsters or something like that, and he needed his strongest to stay behind, then I can live with that. They need to put in a good explanation in this stuff.

BM14murph

Master Collector
That's indeed totally the opposite, and therefore in my opinion, a bit unlikely. I mean with Spurt, those were all the pokemon that Ash ever had, no exception, and that a few of those would be appearing is only logical. Now there's a select group which is indeed the opposite, so I don't expect Sceptile or the likes appearing..

I suppose you's are all right there but still the fact that we have an event occuring (cyndaquil's evolution) before the League even starts which the opening is showing so i'm just saying there is a possibility we'll see some unexpected things happening

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
We were first given the impression that Ash would be using his reserves in the League from the latest Japanese opening, where there's a wide shot of Ash and his rivals in the stadium with a fair few of Ash's reserves on his side as well as his main Sinnoh roster. However, there are a noteworthy few who don't make an appearance in the opening, i.e the Kanto starters, Sceptile and Kingler. The latest scan for this episode almost ensures that the opening is accurate given that the Johto starters, Snorlax and Corphish feature in this episode.

We can only assume that the scene in the opening and this episode foreshadows some heavy use of Ash's reserves in the Sinnoh League itself, because why else would he want to bring back his reserves en masse so close to the tournament?

To have Dawn greet them if they were never seen by her, maybe?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
If they find up a good reason why some Pokemon isn't there, like Swellow, Sceptile, Bulbasaur etc, then I can actually live with that.

If Oak's ranch was attacked by bounty hunters, mafia bosses, gangsters or something like that, and he needed his strongest to stay behind, then I can live with that. They need to put in a good explanation in this stuff.

I know why. I'll explain:

Swellow: has had enough battles under Ash in both the AG sagas, Hoenn and BF. The writers had two choices - Swellow or Noctowl. So Noctowl is the right choice, and you know why. So maybe Swellow is super-strong, but for that we have Staraptor.

Sceptile & Bulbasaur: Ash has 3 choices here, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, and Sceptile. Since he has a Torterra, he doesn't need another Grass starter in a 3rd evolution form. He used it as a Grovyle in the Hoenn league. He can't use Bulbasaur in every big event, and if he will use it, people will ask where's Charizard, and then it will be even more complicated, so it makes sense. The only one who needs league screentime is Bayleef.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I know why. I'll explain:

Swellow: has had enough battles under Ash in both the AG sagas, Hoenn and BF. The writers had two choices - Swellow or Noctowl. So Noctowl is the right choice, and you know why. So maybe Swellow is super-strong, but for that we have Staraptor.

Sceptile & Bulbasaur: Ash has 3 choices here, Bayleef, Bulbasaur, and Sceptile. Since he has a Torterra, he doesn't need another Grass starter in a 3rd evolution form. He used it as a Grovyle in the Hoenn league. He can't use Bulbasaur in every big event, and if he will use it, people will ask where's Charizard, and then it will be even more complicated, so it makes sense. The only one who needs league screentime is Bayleef.

I think Waterpokes knows why the writers chose them, I think he meant in the actual anime. What's the reason for them not being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.