• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 186: Ash vs Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

D*N

Musical Star
I will make a guess of the battle.
Torterra vs Torterra (Tie)
Infernape vs Ursaring (Infernape)
Infernape vs Electivire (Tie)
Honchcrow vs Staraptor (Staraptor)
Weavile vs Staraptor (Tie)
Magmortar vs whoever (Magmortar)
Magmortar vs Pikachu (Pikachu)

Do they switch half at the battle because it seems first to be Ash-Paul and after that Paul-Ash XD.
However don't know about weavile being used,
Hope for ash Buizel , and hopefully Gliscor or donphan/glalie/snorlax

D*N

Musical Star

Do they switch sides half at the battle because it seems first to be Ash-Paul and after that Paul-Ash XD.
However don't know about weavile being used,
Hope for ash Buizel , and hopefully Gliscor or donphan/glalie/snorlax

TrainerOfLegend

Were's cynda/ quilava :O and heracross..., TorkoalXD

LOL oops.... Well, Ill put Quilava after Snorlax but before Glalie. Heracross behind Quilava

Spot on. I'm thinking that maybe Ash decides to use Buizel and another Pokemon as well, but they ultimately fall for Magmortar, easily. Magmortar, almost at full health, has a hard battle with Pikachu, but Pikachu ultimately wins.

HoennMaster

I don't get why everyone is so worried it won't be two episodes long. It will be. I'm just excited that Ash is finally making it past Top 8.

They skipped on 2 rounds there but one of them was shown with a quick flashback of Piplup and Pachirisu, and it actually summed up everything. It's not the same here. They can't skip on 6 battles and not to show 5-6 opponent's pokemon just like that. That's never happened since Kanto league, and even there it wasn't that bad.

Big difference, Ash has more rivals or rival like characters in Sinnoh then he did in Johto and Hoenn so there is no need to waste time on COTD battles like there was in Johto and Hoenn.

The LT was depicted as evil, sinister etc., and they would never let someone like that win the League, that would go against the morals of the Anime.

NO, LT was depicted as creepy and mysterious, not evil.

There are also chances that Ash vs Conway is fourth round(we have no proof)

Yeah we do. Look at the Top 16 match-ups. You will see Barry vs. Paul and Ash vs. Conway. We know that Barry Vs. Paul is round three so Ash vs. Conway is too.

Didn't Paul say their next battle was a full battle in dp163?

No, he just said they would battle in the Sinnoh League.

But if Ash wins the Sinnoh League, then what would be the point (other than advertising the Isshu Region) of him going on to the next series?? This isn't just some Orange league where you get some four shell badges and battle someone as poweful as an eight gym leader...This would be a major accomplishment for Ash

So? Winning a competition like this doesn't mean you are great and are done with your journey. Did any of the other League and GF champions quit? No, they went on to other regions.

If Gliscor isn't in this match, the writing has gone to hell.

Complete BS. I don't even need to explain why.

I think tyrannitar would suit Paul well, but i think it would be a bit unfair for Ash coz. he was about to get his very own larvitar but the writers saw otherwise and just let larvitar slip by....

No, Ash was never to get Larvitar. He was tasked with returning it to Mount Silver and he did.

saar

Shiny Flygon
I know it's only the first half of the battle probably, so I hope there will be something similar to what was with Gary, but remembers from the Sinnoh saga . It might be epic...

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Spot on. I'm thinking that maybe Ash decides to use Buizel and another Pokemon as well, but they ultimately fall for Magmortar, easily. Magmortar, almost at full health, has a hard battle with Pikachu, but Pikachu ultimately wins.

I think Infernape has a rivalry with both Ursaring and Electvire so he easily wins over Ursaring after activating Blaze and deactivates it to play fairly with Electivire. Torterra vs Torterra I thought would be pretty funny to see as that would result them in causing pretty powerful attacks to each other. Staraptor beating Honchcrow makes sense as they never really liked each other and Staraptor tieing Weavile seems pretty fair. Magmortar defeating two of Ash's Pokemon made sense to tie them up and to finish I believe it's rivalry with Pikachu.

luner45

Oshawott!! Lets go!
LT is mysterious and creepy but its possible that he/she could be evil if he/she wasnt then he/she would have cressila. you saw what darkrai did in canlave city cressilla saved them.

Darkrai=bad
cressila=good

From what we could be seeing this person could either be a secret team rocket grunt or team galatic grunt but after they disband one guy wants to bring em back or this was there backup plan .
Many trainers like E4 could have got a legendary but choose not to because it would let that place become unbalance. thats why team galatic wanted to get dialga and palkia to ruin this world and make a new one.

Champion Jared 14

So? Winning a competition like this doesn't mean you are great and are done with your journey. Did any of the other League and GF champions quit? No, they went on to other regions.
But they aren't Ash. He is the main character, and the protagonist who this anime revolves around...and usually if Ash is confirmed to go on to the next region, that usually means he lost the last one.

arbokfan

100% Arbok
As for Ash team I agree with you, but if anything, Paul should change his team. If you remember their last battle, paul has relied the type advantages too much. I think next time he will realized(after the battle)that the types are not everything.
I prefer Gible over Gliscor, but the fact that Gible will star VS Conway, might change Ash's mind.

Totally agree with that. Gible being used against Conway makes me optimistic that Gliscor will come back for the battle.

Can see Paul sticking with Electivire, Magmortar and Honchkrow and filling out the team with some of his powerful reserves.

Dame

Hi guys, first post!:)

Anyway, this is obviously the battle we've all been looking forward to and it's going to be awesome. It's fairly obvious Ash is winning here because then the entire rivalry would have been a waste of time and it would prove that Paul's way of training is better than Ash's.
Hopefully, the battle gets all the time it needs and deserves and then it should be an awesome battle. This is what I expect of the teams:

Ash:

Infernape
Pikachu
Torterra
Buizel
Glalie
And either Muk or Tauros.

Paul:

Electivire
Magmortar
Torterra
Ursaring
Honchkrow
Gliscor

Right, onto the business with the Legendary Trainer. This one's 50/50. Either Ash beats the LT or he loses; most probably the latter. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ash pull out the win here, if the suggestions that the LT is evil and sinister actually turn out to be true. If this would happen, than Ash will most probably definitely win this battle as well, facing a COTD in the final. This is what I envision the teams to be like:

Ash:

Charizard
Sceptile
Pikachu
Donphan
Corphish
Snorlax.

I could honestly see Ash using a classic style team here, as well as utilizing some of his major powerhouses. Charizard also has experience in dealing with legendary pokemon.

Legendary Trainer:

Darkrai
Garchomp
Salamance
Metagross
Dragonite
Tyrannitar

The team more than likely won't be this, but there's a chance as the 'Legendary' Trainer that it could possess a team of pseudo-legendary pokemon as well as full fledged legendary; and it would be pretty cool. :)

Also, onto the topic that ''Ash will definitely not win the Sinnoh League tournament because then he will have no need to go to Isshu.'' Wrong - Even if Ash does win this tournament, he's still nowhere near his dream of becoming a pokemon master. I always thought of a pokemon master as a trainer who encountered and captured every pokemon available, as well as conquering every region's league, as well as beating the Elite Four.(By all means, correct me if I'm wrong.) So, even if Ash does win at Sinnoh, he will still have to achieve all these goals if he wants to fufill his dream of becoming a pokemon master.

TrainerOfLegend

If this would happen, than Ash will most probably definitely win this battle as well, facing a COTD in the final

I think the Darkrai trainer IS the Finals, and Paul is the semis. After Conway, Ash is in the Top 8. I hope that we see a screen or two of the battle, and then we get to see Paul vs Ash in the Semis.

zeno48

Zaker!
I don't really like that we already know who is going to win. It just ruins everything for me. I mean we know that they build up Paul to this point to be nothing more than a rival Ash will beat but i just don't want Paul to act the way Ash does. There is nothing wrong to evaluate your own methods but to completely change is another issue. I just don't think it's fair Paul should lose because Ash is the main character and main characters always win. If anything Ash still hasn't proven much to me regardless if he has two fully evolved startes because that doesn't mean he is winning. At this point the writers have made it clear that Ashes method is the best because they choose it to be but i don't think his method will matter since he is going down anyways to the LT.
It doesn't mean he is done but everytime he goes on to another league he is expected to win. That's the thing it will be a repetition of the previos region finding out that Ash won. Why do you think they haven't made Ash win yet? the writers know it will get boring if there is nothing to look forward too. Ash will go on to the next region and win but if he doesn't then people will complain it was a waste of time and at that point they will retire Ash or have something else to do after the league like finally reaching the level of power of the elite of that region but as soon as Ash defeats a champeon of whatever region they choose to let him win then at that point there is absolutely nothing to look forward too anymore. You can dispute that unless they add silly plot filelrs but even then it won't really matter since Ash will be the most powerful trainer and if he goes on to just win where is the fun in that? the only way to fix that is to make each trainer as strong as cynthia if it gets to that point but even then we know that from there they should move on to another character since i know the day will come that Ash will be retired as well.

Last edited:

ijea4444

But they aren't Ash. He is the main character, and the protagonist who this anime revolves around...and usually if Ash is confirmed to go on to the next region, that usually means he lost the last one.

"usually" isn't evidence enough and you know it. Besides this is Sinnoh, when are people going to learn that traditions are always being broken.

Don't you think new episode titles lead to spoiler in the episodes not yet aired.
So, obviously, Paul will beat Barry, and Ash will beat Conway.

I know we all knew this anyway, but for the younger fans who really are in suspense, it kinda spoils it for them. The same for the Grand Festival.

Anyway... yay! Ash VS Paul! ^.^ No matter what, I'm rooting for Paul!! <3

only one episode?? I think the battle will be 3 vs 3 !!

It's not. Or at least it shouldn't be. Paul said that Reggie wants to see Ash vs. Paul again in a 6 vs. 6 match where Paul can face Infernape.

So I think we can expect that it would be a 6 vs. 6 match and that Infernape would be used.

Maybe the next title can be like: "Ash vs. Paul! Conclusion!" or something like that so hopefully it's not a one episode match.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I've told this time and again, the report we got about how 'the story to watch in the league is the battle between Ash and Paul, whether Ash becomes champion or not' was very ambiguous.

It meant that Ash' battle versus Paul wasn't going to be in the final. No need to get upset that Ash will not win this league.. it was spoiled more months in advance, people just didn't want to listen. Sigh.. If Ash does become champion, it certainly breaks away from that quote, and will have nothing to do with what the writers feel is the highlight of the league. Which would be weird in its own right.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Legendary Trainer:

Darkrai
Garchomp
Salamance
Metagross
Dragonite
Tyrannitar

I always thought of a pokemon master as a trainer who encountered and captured every pokemon available, as well as conquering every region's league, as well as beating the Elite Four. So, even if Ash does win at Sinnoh, he will still have to achieve all these goals if he wants to fufill his dream of becoming a pokemon master.

That would be amazing....but wouldnt happen. Base stat totals of 600 mean nothing in the animé, and the writers would treat it as such, if Gible loses to Shuckle vs Conway, it will still be able to hammer a better Garchomp into pieces. V Nice idea tho ;)

People getting overemotional about why Ash wont win a league, what you have there has been stated over and over again by logical people (including you) and should be stickied. For Cyber.

I've told this time and again, the report we got about how 'the story to watch in the league is the battle between Ash and Paul, whether Ash becomes champion or not' was very ambiguous.

Haha, and there was thunderblade telling me 'it will determine whether Satoshi will be champion or not.' ffs, I get lied to everywhere I go :D

Dax

Legend
Exciting, this is the beginning of Paul's transformation into a Tutu Dress trainer who kisses his pokemon with pink lipstick. I can't wait!!!

ijea4444

Don't you think new episode titles lead to spoiler in the episodes not yet aired.
So, obviously, Paul will beat Barry, and Ash will beat Conway.

I know we all knew this anyway, but for the younger fans who really are in suspense, it kinda spoils it for them. The same for the Grand Festival.

Anyway... yay! Ash VS Paul! ^.^ No matter what, I'm rooting for Paul!! <3

If it really is kids your worried about, it is highly unlikely that they see future air dates. We try to find titles asap, whereas majority of kid viewers don't even know the title until the day of. And even better, just about only japanese kids have to worry about it since most other countries change the title and is usually more ambiguous.

Status
Not open for further replies.