• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 186: Ash vs Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotone

I really hope Gliscor does come back to fight Paul. If Gliscor doesn't I think Gible should takes its place. Ash's Sinnoh team more than any other team deserves to beat Paul.

gliscor is gone learn to live with it

saar

Shiny Flygon
Gliscor should return to replace Gible

Gible is not strong enough to deal with Paul's pokemon. Ha and lol if Gible will lose to Paul without taking out anyone I'm sure someone here will open a thread about it.

D*N

Musical Star
Guys, according to the newtype summary, this battle might be the finals of Sinnoh League. Look at this:
シンオウリーグの決勝戦に駒(こま)を進めたサトシとシンジ。
The final piece of Shinourigu Shinji and Ash have proceeded.
The translations of this word - 決勝戦, are:
-Final
-Decision of a contest
-Final game of a tournament

So what do you think?

I would hate it if they skip like the semi's and the 8th finals-> worst league ever.
And the LT would not have enough time for a battle with ash, so highly unlikely.
The league is not going to be 4/5 episodes-> must be more

rocky505

It would be so freaking funny if Gible finally learns Draco meteor and OHKO's one of Pauls Pokemon xD

ssquaderi8

this is translation of the newtype summary
My japanese isnt perfect but this is the translation from Google Translate and my own personal Japanese knowledge

Airing 5 August

Rival Battle! Ash vs. Shinji!

The final battle of Shinourigu, at the top, Paul and Ash proceeded. Pokemon how to grow from a way of fighting, the two opposites in everything from how to deal with Aiirenakatta. In the wake of Full Battle at Lake Acuity, but now each trainer recognizes the other (Ash and Paul). Now two full battle promised in the end of Shinourigu, in order to battle the best in the land, it is the best fight!

Writer-director-広 Tomioka Makoto
Ueda-animation director and storyboard Minister Shigeru Kanesaki Takashi Ogata Atsushi-

Best I could do, no idea what Aiirenkatta is, i think it is a pokemon, since lots of pokemons names have been spelt wrong in japanese so i do not know what aiirenakatta is

D*N

Musical Star
Gliscor should return to replace Gible

Gible is not strong enough to deal with Paul's pokemon. Ha and lol if Gible will lose to Paul without taking out anyone I'm sure someone here will open a thread about it.

How predictable.><
anyone cybercubed thread?

Thus hoping gible isn't in that battle.
But since he must evidence Paul that weak pokemon can be as strong as strong caught pokemon he must use his sinnoh team.
Things like Snorlax and Charizard would be overpowered.

saar

Shiny Flygon
The final battle of Shinouriguis

That's enough. Maybe that means Paul VS Ash is the finals?

D*N yeah but you remember that fight VS Garry, he used Charizard and Snorlax, so yeah he can use VS Paul other pokemon like Glalie for example.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I doubt very much it's the Final it probably means Ash and Paul's final battle

What's that bit about "two full battle"? i'm probably misreading that but could it be saying there are in fact 2 battles left one being of course Paul and the other the Legendary Trainer?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
this is translation of the newtype summary
My japanese isnt perfect but this is the translation from Google Translate and my own personal Japanese knowledge

Airing 5 August

Rival Battle! Ash vs. Shinji!

The final battle of Shinourigu, at the top, Paul and Ash proceeded. Pokemon how to grow from a way of fighting, the two opposites in everything from how to deal with Aiirenakatta. In the wake of Full Battle at Lake Acuity, but now each trainer recognizes the other (Ash and Paul). Now two full battle promised in the end of Shinourigu, in order to battle the best in the land, it is the best fight!

Writer-director-広 Tomioka Makoto
Ueda-animation director and storyboard Minister Shigeru Kanesaki Takashi Ogata Atsushi-

Best I could do, no idea what Aiirenkatta is, i think it is a pokemon, since lots of pokemons names have been spelt wrong in japanese so i do not know what aiirenakatta is

What I see here its that Ash vs paul isthe semifinals as there are two full batlles to complete,

Ash vs Paul
Ash vs Darkrai Trainer

In order to battle the best in the land.

Sinnoh Elite Four

TrainerOfLegend

What I see here its that Ash vs paul isthe semifinals as there are two full batlles to complete,

Ash vs Paul
Ash vs Darkrai Trainer

In order to battle the best in the land.

Sinnoh Elite Four

This, please.

Also, Newtype confirmed what I had already said, that Gible was Ash's fastest Pokemon when used underground.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I think that those of us who said it's the semi finals are right

Like i said it does say TWO full battle to decide the best of the land and we do have the 2 big hitters left so

I'll be happy if Ash looses in the final to LT as it will be something to remember and raise his status a bit from being in the TOP 8 last League to being Runner Up in this Leage ( to be fair there wear like half the trainers in this one

ijea4444

gliscor is gone learn to live with it
Once again I'm convinced by your lack of grammar and convincing argument. Darn you Kotone!
I think that those of us who said it's the semi finals are right

Like i said it does say TWO full battle to decide the best of the land and we do have the 2 big hitters left so

I'll be happy if Ash looses in the final to LT as it will be something to remember and raise his status a bit from being in the TOP 8 last League to being Runner Up in this Leage ( to be fair there wear like half the trainers in this one

There should be NO doubt that there is a minimum of at least 2 episodes left in the league. Another for paul and 1 (with a high possibility of 2) for the LT. Even 1 1/2 would be acceptable.

EDIT:
Guys, according to the newtype summary, this battle might be the finals of Sinnoh League. Look at this:
シンオウリーグの決勝戦に駒(こま)を進めたサトシとシンジ。
The final piece of Shinourigu Shinji and Ash have proceeded.
The translations of this word - 決勝戦, are:
-Final
-Decision of a contest
-Final game of a tournament

So what do you think?

I really hope this is the finals. I don't care what people say about the league being short. I don't get how being extended with boring COTD battles will automatically make the league more exciting.

But as everyone has already said, this sounds very unlikely considering the circumstances. Are you sure it can't mean the finish of Ash and Paul's story and junk? I know it says tournament and contest but many kanji in japanese can mean different things. I think an accurate translator could really help right now.

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
It's almost positively that it's telling us there are 2 final full battles for Ash to decide the winner and that it's the final for Ash and Paul

In the trailer with Heracross vs Darkrai i think somebody mentioned that we hear Paul saying "We'll meet again in battle" pretty much again confirming Ash will beat him as expected

So Paul vs. Ash is in the semifinals. I predicted that but I'm bummed that we may get another skipped battle. Seriously? What's with the skipped battles? So they don't want to show us Ash vs. COTD. The writers planned this league, they could've given us Ash vs. Conway and Paul vs. Barry much later as 6 vs. 6 battles, and Ash vs. COTD could've been one of those 3 vs. 3 battles earlier.

Besides, even if a COTD is not as interesting as a main character, doesn't mean their battles can't be good. These skipped battles means we're losing the opportunity to see more battles from Ash's pokemon. We could've seen Torterra and Buizel get more wins before facing Paul (considering they have been on a losing streak). We could've seen what the Johto starters and Noctowl can do before the Paul and LT battles. And we probably could've gotten extra, additional pokemon in the league like Kingler or whoever as well.

It's so weird that the writers didn't come up with some awesome opportunities to make this league more epic you know?

I mean I know the Paul vs. Ash battle will be (and hopefully be) amazing. But it's a shame that they had to skip battles to get to this point.

Oh and I've seen a lot of comments about Heracross vs. Darkrai. The trailer has not been confirmed to be real. If it's real, it would've been shown in the internet. Isn't it odd that we haven't even seen it. Someone said it was because it was shown in the cinema but that doesn't make sense. Why would an anime trailer be shown there and not somewhere like Pokemon Sunday? Also, even if it was shown in a cinema, there's got to be someone who would video tape it. It has been done before and so it's odd that we haven't seen this trailer. I mean sure this trailer could be real but there's no evidence that says it is. Sure Conway is using a Dusknoir but that could've been a really lucky guess.

TrainerOfLegend

Paul vs Ash will hopefully be in the Semifinals. If they turn out to be in the finals, then what 's the point of the LT and Darkrai.

arceusalmighty

But then what about the scans?? Are they jus' mistranslations or somethin'??

Status
Not open for further replies.