• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 186: Ash vs Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuinsofPoli

Goodbye... DP
Preview just shown, Pikachu vs Aggron action, Staraptor taking a beatdown, Buizel and Drapion intensity, and Infernapes new Flare Blitz coming in handy for Aggron.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hum i think Pikachu and Staraptor wont get a win...

I dont mind Staraptor since he was in the first fight but i want the mouse to get a win but seeing Infernape vs Aggron made me think Pikachu might have been owned on the other hand the preview summary said that Ash was dominating the first half so maybe they wont.

So we are probably getting the first 3 pokemons going down and 4/5 of each team beign shown in the first episode.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'm happy Buizel will fight vs Gastrodon. Although we know Staraptor will be the one to beat it.

Hum i think Pikachu and Staraptor wont get a win...

I dont mind Staraptor since he was in the first fight but i want the mouse to get a win but seeing Infernape vs Aggron made me think Pikachu might have been owned on the other hand the preview summary said that Ash was dominating the first half so maybe they wont.

So we are probably getting the first 3 pokemons going down and 4/5 of each team beign shown in the first episode.

Don't judge just now. I am sure Pikachu is going to be recalled in this battle against Aggron cause we know that he will fighting Froslass.

I am now sure that Prof. Oak is a move tutor in Anime. Infernape spent some time in his place and now it has Flare Blitz. Its nice that most of Ash's Pokemon are Oaked these days.

RuinsofPoli

Goodbye... DP
What bothers me is, why does Staraptor keep taking beatings like this? He always has. It just bugs me that Staraptor hasn't proven itself all that much in battles... And it looks as though it could somewhat get the shaft here too... You know beside Roserade.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Don't judge just now. I am sure Pikachu is going to be recalled in this battle against Aggron cause we know that he will fighting Froslass.

I am now sure that Prof. Oak is a move tutor in Anime. Infernape spent some time in his place and now it has Flare Blitz. Its nice that most of Ash's Pokemon are Oaked these days.

Yeah he was there just for a while, i think that him with his experience tries to bring out the best in each pokemon and yeah he might try to teach them some moves we will never know since writers dont loose time explaining those things.

It can have another explanation, he was actually seeing Flint Infernape doing it and Ash told him to watch carefully so he might have tried to learn it by seeing the attack.

@RuinsofPoli you gotta start paying more attention maybe.

Silent Dawn

^I actually don't think that Ash will lose. Especially since it's shown already that heracross will fight Darkrai. I am confident thought that Paul will make it a hard match for Ash to win, but hey, who doesn't want to give all they have in order to progress to the next round? I mean, Paul might not use his Torterra, but with Drapion it'll be a hard match.

I only hope that it'll be nice episodes to watch and that Ash has to struggle to win this match from Paul. I also hope Gliscor learns a new move, but it might be nice if he learns it when it starts to look bad for Ash... pretty much like how Squirtle learned Hydro Pump during the OI.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Hes talking about that episode not the battle, i believe he knows its going to win.

Gliscor new move will probably be only the mastered Giga Impact but i wouldnt mind another new one indeed.

It looks like Ash is screaming out loud, "Don't rape my Hawk" like Paul would stop that way. It looks like Buizel might takeout Gastrodon who has just defeated Staraptor. Pikachu would most likely be recalled when things get ugly with Aggron. Then Infernape beats Aggron and Paul sends out Gastrodon. Gastrodon then beats Staraptor but is taken out by Buizel and gives Ash the lead but just when things starts getting better Paul sends out Drapion who might take out Buizel. There are also chances that Staraptor is withdrawn against Gastrodon but it taken out by Drapion.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I think that at the end of this episode the scoreboard will be...

Ash:
Buizel Out - Beaten by Drapion

Paul:
Aggron Out - Beaten by Infernape
Gastrodon Out - Beaten by Buizel

Silent Dawn

Aah... then I misunderstood, sorry XD

I wouldn't mind Buizel and Pikachu having a win though. I only have an idea that three of Paul's pokémon will be out at the end of this episode instead of two, as Ash is having the lead. As long as Infernape doesn't get more than two wins

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm happy Buizel will fight vs Gastrodon. Although we know Staraptor will be the one to beat it.

How do we know? Buizel is shown battling it as well..

He's not only a move tutor, but a move deleter as well! :D What happened to Quilava's Smokescreen and Swift Prof. Samuel???

What bothers me is, why does Staraptor keep taking beatings like this? He always has. It just bugs me that Staraptor hasn't proven itself all that much in battles... And it looks as though it could somewhat get the shaft here too... You know beside Roserade.

Huh, it didn't get the shaft against Roserade. It sure did take a beating but managed to pull through in the end. It's proven itself in tons of battles:

Staravia vs. Cherubi
Staravia vs. Machoke
Staravia vs. Meditite
Staraptor vs. Honchkrow
Staraptor vs. Medicham
Staraptor vs. Roserade

That's quite a lot, if you compare it to Noctowl who only had: Haunter, Gengar and now Lickylicky. Sure Swellow (as much as I may dislike it) has more wins, but that doesn't make the Hawk any lesser.

Yeah he was there just for a while, i think that him with his experience tries to bring out the best in each pokemon and yeah he might try to teach them some moves we will never know since writers dont loose time explaining those things.

It can have another explanation, he was actually seeing Flint Infernape doing it and Ash told him to watch carefully so he might have tried to learn it by seeing the attack.

@RuinsofPoli you gotta start paying more attention maybe.

I agree with both points, and to some extent, they can both be right. Oak was a great trainer in his day, him having a Dragonite proves that. And I do believe that Ash got the idea for Infernape to at some point learn Flare Blitz after seeing it in his battle with Flint, and later during Flint vs. Jasmine. Now Maybe Infernape was already trying this out at Oak's place and Oak helped it a little by giving pointers and stuff..

Yeah, RuinsofPoli missed Buizel vs. Gastrodon :p

These are the match ups with the moves used, put in order that I think is logical:

Pikachu vs. Aggron (Iron Tail vs. Metal Claw?)
Infernape vs. Aggron (Flash Cannon vs. Flare Blitz)
Staraptor vs. Gastrodon (Aerial Ace vs. Body Slam?)
Buizel vs. Gastrodon (Ice Punch vs. Body Slam?)
Buizel vs. Drapion (Cross Poison)

If Gastrodon is going down, then who's Torterra going to beat? It's not getting Drapion (probably Gliscor), or Electivire (Infernape) for that matter, and Froslass isn't going to work that well. What's left? Ninjask. That's probably the worst match up yet in my opinion. Rock Climb won't work, Energy Balls and Leaf Storm will keep on missing as it's way too speedy to get hit by those moves.

So if Torterra's not getting anything aside from what may just be called Ninjask, then it's getting the shaft. Here's too hoping that Infernape doesn't knock out Aggron... Torterra vs. Ninjask = Not cool.. Torterra vs. Aggron = Sweet.

^I actually don't think that Ash will lose. Especially since it's shown already that heracross will fight Darkrai. I am confident thought that Paul will make it a hard match for Ash to win, but hey, who doesn't want to give all they have in order to progress to the next round? I mean, Paul might not use his Torterra, but with Drapion it'll be a hard match.

I only hope that it'll be nice episodes to watch and that Ash has to struggle to win this match from Paul. I also hope Gliscor learns a new move, but it might be nice if he learns it when it starts to look bad for Ash... pretty much like how Squirtle learned Hydro Pump during the OI.

Srry. Ninja'd...

The part that I bolded is probably what he meant. 'It looks like' is just the way he expressed how the flow of the battle was in the preview. Of course he probably knows that Ash wins anyway.

Gliscor just learned Giga Impact in it's last battle. The only stronger move it can learn is Sky Attack since it gets STAB and thus is about 210 base power, but since it's already been given to Noctowl, I'd doubt Gliscor getting it. Giga Impact is good enough.

Huh, it didn't get the shaft against Roserade. It sure did take a beating but managed to pull through in the end. It's proven itself in tons of battles:

Staravia vs. Cherubi
Staravia vs. Machoke
Staravia vs. Meditite
Staraptor vs. Honchkrow
Staraptor vs. Medicham
Staraptor vs. Roserade

You forgot Staraptor vs Weavile. It might be a sacrifice defeat but a win is a win. Thing to note is that most of Staraptor battle had something to do with type effectiveness and it won most of its battle with super effective moves while same can not be said for Swellow, Noctowl or Pidgeot. Noctowl defeated Gengar and Lickilicky with normal effective moves, Pidgeot defeated Venonat with super effective move and Rhydon with not very effective move and Swellow, I can only say that it only one battle with super effective move and that was against Venusaur.

Dodge

Okay, it's bugging me. Infernape's new move, I really think isn't Flare Blitz. Not only is the animation completely different in colour and style, did anyone else not notice that after using it Infernape was surrounded by red sparks like when Paul's Torterra uses Frenzy Plant (if i recall correctly). So I think it is Blast Burn, not Flare Blitz. Although the red sparks could be recoil damage >.< .

Either way, I think this battle has got more exciting seeing more of Paul's reserve team. Drapion is looking to cause huge disturbance, Gastrodon pretty much is raping Staraptor, I see Pikachu being recalled. This battle should be totally epic, I don't even care about Paul switching his team anymore. All these 'rivalries' between the two teams were all fan fiction pretty much, the only slight rivalry is seemingly Electivire & Infernape, oh and guess what? Electivire is the only returning Paul Poke' from before, so a stand-off between Infernape & Electivire is seemingly inevitable (although a part of me does wish for Pikachu to regain power and be the last standing, but hey I can dream?

Overall, looking forward to this episode a whole lot.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
episodes to watch and that Ash has to struggle to win this match from Paul.

I was talking about this episode, generally. Ash always had troubles with Paul, including this time, while Buizel is being captured by Drapion's arms, Ash and Paul show their different personallities.

Paul will never shout like this. Ash has to make him to.

-Salamence-

I don't understand. why Paul does not trust his best pokemon anymore? They CRUSHED Ash so why he is using Gastrodon and Frosslas instead of them. shame.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Okay, it's bugging me. Infernape's new move, I really think isn't Flare Blitz. Not only is the animation completely different in colour and style, did anyone else not notice that after using it Infernape was surrounded by red sparks like when Paul's Torterra uses Frenzy Plant (if i recall correctly). So I think it is Blast Burn, not Flare Blitz. Although the red sparks could be recoil damage >.< .

Either way, I think this battle has got more exciting seeing more of Paul's reserve team. Drapion is looking to cause huge disturbance, Gastrodon pretty much is raping Staraptor, I see Pikachu being recalled. This battle should be totally epic, I don't even care about Paul switching his team anymore. All these 'rivalries' between the two teams were all fan fiction pretty much, the only slight rivalry is seemingly Electivire & Infernape, oh and guess what? Electivire is the only returning Paul Poke' from before, so a stand-off between Infernape & Electivire is seemingly inevitable (although a part of me does wish for Pikachu to regain power and be the last standing, but hey I can dream?

Overall, looking forward to this episode a whole lot.

Flare Drive = Flare Blitz so it is Flare Blitz.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I have to say, Ash is really holding up well from the looks of things. Gastrodon looks like it's giving him a little trouble with its Sticky Slam of Death. But hey, Ash can handle it.

So, attack-wise, it appears that we're looking at:

Aggron: Metal Claw, Flash Cannon, Iron Head?
Gastrodon: Body Slam?
Drapion: Cross Poison

Matchup-wise, I think that Pikachu and Infernape both look awesome. I'd say that Infernape will probably be the one to finish the job with Flare Blitz should be Blast Burn, but Pikachu appears to be standing up well too. Staraptor, on the other hand, appears to be getting creamed. By the Sluggy Smother of Death. Even if Staraptor loses to Gastrodon, it at least looks like Buizel could get in a win against it. After all, Buizel needs the win more than Staraptor since Staraptor already fought against Nando.

Status
Not open for further replies.