• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 186: Ash vs Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Dawn

Yeah, like I said, I misunderstood XD

@Salamence: I do not think that Paul doesn't trust his best pokémon anymore. We have no clue how strong this pokémon are, and I think that especially Drapion is really strong. I thik he still trusts his own pokémon, but in a league it can be pretty easy for the trainer he's fighting to know for sure which poke'mon he's going to use. Changing pokémon all the time make it harder for the opponent to choose the right pokémon and thus you can get the advantage in some way.

fukamaru

LOL. I know that Ash will beat Paul in TOP8 and not TOP4. I sure Ash get TOP4.

From preview i think it woul be that:
-Staraptor vs Gastrodon - Gastrodon wins
-Buizel vs Gastrodon - Buizel wins
-Buizel vs Drapion - Drapion wins
-Pikachu vs Drapion - Drapion recalled
-Pikachu vs Aggron - Pikachu recalled
-Infernape vs Aggron - Infernape wins

World Turtle

Well okay Ash vs. Paul is Top 8 huh? Weird, but in a way it makes perfect sense, Ash never got past Top 8 before. So by beating Paul here and getting to Top 4 it will show he has gotten stronger as a trainer.

On the battle since this is only the first part of three it is hard to say what will happen we don't know if Ash's team will take out both Gastrodon and Aggron or just take out one of them, the other is recalled, and then Paul sends out Drapion.

The same can be said for Staraptor and Buizel they just might only get hurt a bit before being recalled. This battle is going to be three episodes long there is no telling what can happen.

Can't wait to see this battle. It definitely looks like it's gonna be one of the best!

I'm excited to see Infernape, blue Flare Blitz looks awesome and its battle with Aggron looks fierce!

The other matches with Gastrodon and Drapion look really cool too. Finally, the moment we've been waiting for has arrived!

I'm surprised (yet not surprised) that this is the top 8 battle. I mean it makes sense but it makes me wonder how they're going to handle the reserves in the future (Ash has 6 unused reserves and he's using 5 other pokemon besides Heracross in the LT battle).

Hmm...we'll worry about that later. Right now, it's the epic match between Ash vs. Paul!!

KomaXD14

From the preview the battle looks really intense. Just wonder if we'll see more cameos of the Darkrai trainer like we did in DP 185.

TicoPokemonMaster

From the looks of things it seems that the ape will have more than one win like it has been speculated. It's probably to make up for what looks to be Staraptor's early lose

joep05

master of disaster
i just realised that ash vs conway was only round 3, since it was after barry and pauls 3rd round, i assumed that ash vs conway was round 4 whilst snorlax beating that grumpig round 3, and vs paul round 5, and the darkrai trainer round 6, but its all one step below what i thought it was, this means that the match vs the darkrai trainer will be for a place in the top 4, this pretty much shatters mine and many other peoples hope of ash winning, and actually believing he will do better than top 8 this time.

i sense another top 8 ending for ash. rubbish!, 3 in a row, its seems to me that a top 8 ending for ash in a league is as predictable and inevitable as team rockets blast offs :(

Sparklingwater

For some reason he reminds me of Cythia. Here's my guess. He's actually the Issuh Champion or one of the elite four there. He is not evil and Darkrai is also not evil. The writer created him for the purpose of introducing Issuh to Ash and giving Ash a new rival and new goal to achieve in Issuh.

Red

Not the color
i sense another top 8 ending for ash. rubbish!, 3 in a row, its seems to me that a top 8 ending for ash in a league is as predictable and inevitable as team rockets blast offs :(

What are you talking about? It's already confirmed Ash gets into at least the top 4, because after he beats Paul the Legendary trainer is coming up.

It's still not confirmed the Legendary trainer battle is going to be the top 4, too. And for all we know it could be the top 2.

Last edited:

AceTrainerRO

Snow Cloak Abuser
Staraptor will probably be the fall guy. Buizel getting a win against Gastrodon is sweet, and Infernape will star obviously. Hopefully Torterra will defeat something in DP187, I don't care if it's Ninjask.

thunderblade12

I doubt Ash is going to lose any pokemon before Drapion comes out.

Infernape vs Aggron (Withdrawn)
Pikachu vs Aggron (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs Gastrodon (Withdrawn)
Staraptor vs Gastrodon (Withdrawn)
Buizel vs Gastrodon(Buizel)
Buizel vs Drapion (Drapion)
Gliscor vs Drapion (To Be Continued)

gliscor&yanmega

The confirmed battles show in the preview are:

Aggron vs Pikachu

Staraptor vs Gastrodon

Buizel vs Drapion

Buizel vs Gastrodon

Aggron vs Infernape

I'm pretty sure this episode ends with a cliffhanger of Gliscor and Drapion attacking. So that battle is confirmed and is the last one of the episode.

We also know that Pikachu will face Frolass too, which I think is in this episode as well even though it wasn't shown(That doesn't mean anything though).

Seems like an interesting battle.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
either pika defeats aggron OR infernape does the deed, for one pikachu has been shown fighting a froslass AND infernape just cant lose to aggron, not after it just learns an awesome move like Flare Blitz capped off with blaze!!!

Are we SURE bui defeats gastrodon? The preview only shows bui using ice punch on the latter...Staraptor is going down for sure(too bad, all it got was just one win in the league) with that amazing body slam...

That drapion looks like it could kill Ho-Oh!! My, what strength and expression to match it...Do you think its the SAME drapion that Paul was trying to catch when he was interrupted by Ash's GLIGAR*the episode in which Ash got a glimpse of chimmy's blaze for the first time) *???

Meganium

With how the previews have been showing things like how Shuckle was the star in the preview for the Conway battle and then Duskinoir was the real final pokemon in the fight, I feel very mislead.

Since some of the preview summaries say that Ash takes an early lead my guess is he beats two of Pauls pokemon before he beats one. My predictions, though most people probably don't care, are:

Pikachu v. Aggron- Figure that will be an interesting start to the match and it will lead to an Ash shift to
Infernape v. Aggron- Where the main-monkey will finish off the job
Infernape v. Gastrodon- Paul tries to use a type advantage but Ash switches quickly to
Staraptor v. Gastrodon- The big blob shows he's too much trouble and Ash switches
Buizel v. Gastrodon- Ash takes the victory here and beats Gastrodon
Buizel v. Drapion- Buizel puts on a show but will get its clock cleaned
Staraptor v. Drapion- comes into play and it loses to. (All of Ash's Pokes can't get wins)

But who knows, I'm not usually right with my predictions anyway. I'm not a huge Buizel fan, but for the second half of Ash's journey he's been shafted in the win column so a victory for him wouldn't be so bad.

Last edited:

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
The preview looks awesome! This is gonna be awesome to wait for, well not really. But it'll be worth the wait. Im excited to see how Part 1 goes.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
...Yeah.....Ive waited so long for Charmander babies from Charizard.....and Staraptor and Gastrodon are gonna beat them to it. Sad.

But the preview looks brill. DP185, for a 3-on-3 in one ep was one of the best battles ever portrayed in the animé, and Ash vs Paul to follow.....Ive already Squirtled in my trousers.

Status
Not open for further replies.