• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 186: Ash vs Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Gee, I wonder why this thread is dieing. We know most about this episode.

According to Bulbapedia, Ash's Pikachu, Infernape, Buizel, Staraptor & Gliscor are present in this episode. Paul is also shown with Aggron, Gastrodon & Drapion. The blurry thing shown in the DP187 Thread is more than likely for the end of this episode with the outcome of Staraptor/Gliscor (too blurry to see, but it is more than likely Gliscor) VS Drapion more than likely being revealed in this episode.

Drapion gives Ash a lot of trouble with him being dominant on the score board until Drapion comes out. The other two Pokemon Paul is seen with for the DP186 Preview are Aggron & Gastrodon. Beating two Pokemon without you losing any seems dominant to me. Bulbapedia did show Aggron for DP187, but it is highly possible that it is merely a flashback like what they did at the beginning of DP132.

Pikachu VS Aggron (Pikachu is recalled)
Infernape VS Aggron (Infernape wins and is recalled)
Staraptor VS Gastrodon (Staraptor is recalled)
Buizel VS Gastrodon (Buizel wins)
Buizel VS Drapion (Drapion wins)
Gliscor VS Drapion (Outcome revealed in DP187, resulting in a win for Drapion)

So, yeah. The match-ups are set in stone, but there could be more and we also don't know of a set order, but the match-ups for Drapion are probably in the right order.

Hmm, I believe with every ounce of my strength that Pikachu, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, and Gliscor will be getting a win.... As for Staraptor..... I don't think so.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Hmm, I believe with every ounce of my strength that Pikachu, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, and Gliscor will be getting a win.... As for Staraptor..... I don't think so.

Infernape will probably have Staraptor's win.
Here is who I see Ash's Pokemon win against.
Pikachu: Froslass
Torterra: Ninjask
Infernape: Aggron, Electivire
Buizel: Gastrodon
Gliscor: (Win or tie) Drapion. Not when just who.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Ash will be ahead in the first part of the three-part duel. But then Drapion will turn things around. Everyone of Ash's pokemon will receive a win.

Ash is going to be less hard pressed. He's going to have a clear head during this fight, especially using Torterra (as Honchkrow will not appear, so the dumb turtle won't have to redeem itself). Ninjask will find some way to cause trouble, probably through Baton Pass (ya never know), Infernape will finally dish out some serious damage. Drapion no doubt will be trouble. For sure, it's going to be an intense fight.

BM14murph

Master Collector

Completely agree with this one

And for people wondering why this thread is dying it is because the main talk for this battle is going on over at the DP188 thread and to a lesser extent the DP187 one aswell

Torpoleon

Like I said before, Ash is supposed to be dominant on the scoreboard until Drapion comes out. Losing no Pokemon and beating one of your opponent's Pokemon does not register to me as being dominant. Since we see Aggron, Gastrodon & Drapion, we know the Drapion Match-Ups would be last. Aggron should be first since Pikachu & Infernape haven't been confirmed to battle Drapion. Buizel was, so when Aggron & Gastrodon go down, Ash would have lost no one. In this episode, Drapion should beat Buizel and maybe others with a tie or a close win for Drapion in DP187. That would mean for this episode, Pikachu/Infernape get a win over Aggron and Buizel gets a win over Gastrodon, for Ash. I think that seems more logical based on what we know.

We've probably gotten all of the match-ups by now, more than likely, it is just a matter of putting them in the correct order. It could be either Pikachu or Infernape beating Aggron. We don't know, so it would be good either way. Drapion is last in this episode, so Staraptor battles Gastrodon, gets recalled, and then Buizel beats Gastrodon and loses to Drapion causing Ash to bring in Gliscor. The outcome would be revealed in DP187 as a close win for Drapion. That's about it for the DP186 Match-Ups, in my opinion.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!

I'm pretty sure thats how its going to be. Let Staraptor be the fall guy. He already got a win in the last full battle, and already has a win in the Sinnoh League against Nando's Roserade.

For Paul, i see this:

Ninjask: None
Froslass: Gliscor
Electivire: Torterra, Pikachu
Drapion: Buizel, Staraptor
Gastrodon: None
Aggron: None(sadly..)

Predictions:

At the end of the preview, when Aggron is sent out, Ash smiles at it and tells Pikachu if he wants to go(first) and Pikachu agrees. I believe thats how the match begins.

DP 186:

Aggron vs. Pikachu(Pikachu withdrawn after tough battle)
Aggron vs. Infernape(Infernape)
Gastrodon vs. Infernape(Infernape recalled)
Gastrodon vs. Staraptor(Staraptor recalled)
Gastrodon vs. Buizel(Buizel)
Drapion vs. Buizel(Drapion)
Drapion vs. Staraptor(Drapion)
Drapion vs. Gliscor(end of episode)

DP 187:

Drapion vs. Gliscor(Gliscor)
Froslass vs. Gliscor(Froslass with uber hail/blizzard/snow cloak combo)
Froslass vs. Pikachu(Pikachu, tired after epic battle with epic strategies)
Ninjask vs. Pikachu(Pikachu recalled, Ninjask speed boost, swords dance)
Ninjask vs. Torterra(Ninjask baton pass to Electivire)
Electivire vs. Torterra(Torterra recalled)
Electivire vs. Pikachu(Electivire, OHKO)
Electivire vs. Infernape(both fight and recalled)
Ninjask vs. Torterra(Torterra)
Electivire vs. Torterra(Electivire, without much trouble)
Electivire vs. Infernape(battle continues)

DP 188:

Electivire vs. Infernape(Infernape)

I'm pretty sure about the events i predicted in DP 186, not so sure about DP 187 though. I was going on with the flow, but might've messed up. I gave Gliscor the win because he deserves it and there's no reason to bring him back otherwise. Other than that, how do you like it?

Torpoleon

I'm pretty sure thats how its going to be. Let Staraptor be the fall guy. He already got a win in the last full battle, and already has a win in the Sinnoh League against Nando's Roserade.

For Paul, i see this:

Ninjask: None
Froslass: Gliscor
Electivire: Torterra, Pikachu
Drapion: Buizel, Staraptor
Gastrodon: None
Aggron: None(sadly..)

Predictions:

At the end of the preview, when Aggron is sent out, Ash smiles at it and tells Pikachu if he wants to go(first) and Pikachu agrees. I believe thats how the match begins.

DP 186:

DP 187:

Drapion vs. Gliscor(Gliscor)
Froslass vs. Gliscor(Froslass with uber hail/blizzard/snow cloak combo)
Froslass vs. Pikachu(Pikachu, tired after epic battle with epic strategies)
Ninjask vs. Pikachu(Pikachu recalled, Ninjask speed boost, swords dance)
Ninjask vs. Torterra(Ninjask baton pass to Electivire)
Electivire vs. Torterra(Torterra recalled)
Electivire vs. Pikachu(Electivire, OHKO)
Electivire vs. Infernape(both fight and recalled)
Ninjask vs. Torterra(Torterra)
Electivire vs. Torterra(Electivire, without much trouble)
Electivire vs. Infernape(battle continues)

DP 188:

Electivire vs. Infernape(Infernape)

I'm pretty sure about the events i predicted in DP 186, not so sure about DP 187 though. I was going on with the flow, but might've messed up. I gave Gliscor the win because he deserves it and there's no reason to bring him back otherwise. Other than that, how do you like it?
It could be where Drapion beats Gliscor and loses to Pikachu and not battle Staraptor.

I doubt DP187 would have that much battling and DP188 with so little.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Drapion's power is unknown yet.

I've seen the preview again and it seems like Ash will be very nervous (and he even shouts lol) while Drapion crushes Buizel. I have a feeling it'll take out at least three Pokémon before it will eventually get defeated by Gliscor in the 2nd or 3rd episode.

Totally agree with you there.

fukamaru

Wrong. Paul also will recalls his pokemons.
Why Gliscor must have battle against Drapion in DP186?The image says it will be DP187. I sure Paul will recalled his Drapion after battle against second Ash's pokemon. Drapion probably can be showed in three episodes.
DP186 - Vs Buizel & maybe Pikachu or even Torterra (Drapion beats Buizel & recalled in second battle)
DP187 - End of episode (vs Gliscor - main battle of episode)
DP188 - Begining of Episode (vs Gliscor - quick battle = Draw)

Torpoleon

Why would Gliscor lose?
The summary on Bulbapedia for DP187 said Ash brings in Pikachu to counter Paul which would be after Gliscor VS Drapion.

gliscor&yanmega

Until I see a picture of Gliscor loses to Drapion far as I'm concern it wins.

Gliscor could get a win somewhere else but I say it's best for it to just beat Drapion.

Torpoleon

Until I see a picture of Gliscor loses to Drapion far as I'm concern it wins.

Gliscor could get a win somewhere else but I say it's best for it to just beat Drapion.
I was speculating. Bulbapedia's summary was kind of hard to understand, saying how Ash respond to Paul by using Pikachu and then Paul brings out Froslass. Maybe Gliscor & Drapion tie? I don't know. It could fit in par with the summary I saw on Bulbapedia.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Nah, I don't believe Gliscor would lose without taking out at least one of Paul's Pokemon.

I don't want his return will be only for the record. And we know Gliscor is not being battled before Drapion Vs. Buizel.

Torpoleon

Tieing wouldn't be half bad. Drapion is probably the new Ursaring for Ash here. It would also be good for if they both are at close to maximum strength.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I was speculating. Bulbapedia's summary was kind of hard to understand, saying how Ash respond to Paul by using Pikachu and then Paul brings out Froslass. Maybe Gliscor & Drapion tie? I don't know. It could fit in par with the summary I saw on Bulbapedia.

Drapion could have easily injured Gliscor and Gliscor was recalled, with Drapion being recalled...

Status
Not open for further replies.