• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 186: Ash vs Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijea4444

This is something i've never thought of... Paul has already participated in the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn leagues. Once Ash knocks him out of the Sinnoh league, where's he going to go if not to Isshu? The Battle Frontier or something? I guess if he was to return to Kanto to do so, then another battle between him and Ash could occur quite easily.

I could quite easily imagine Ash being at home with his Pokemon after the Sinnoh league and he see's Paul walk past, thus resulting in a final quick battle at the ranch. That would be interesting.

Well the deleted blog also said that Isshu is going to have a character similar to Paul, hinting that there will be no more Paul. The only option would be the Battle Frontier. But for all we know he will challenge the Sinnoh BF.

DarkPrince

Take that!
Man, I am starting to get to get irritated of these weekly breaks. I can't wait for Barry Vs Paul.
Now, Ash vs Paul is going to be one heck of a battle that's for sure.
Paul has humiliated Ash way too much.

Ash must not be losing. Infernape is definitely gonna be in Ash's Team for that battle.

I am thinking that when Paul loses to Ash he still won't change yet. But after 1-2 episodes the change in him might occur. But I may be wrong as well.

And I am thinking that if Paul becomes good will Infernape start liking Paul too? Will Infernape stay with Paul? The chances of that are low but still I would like to know the end result.

Dax

Legend
Anyways I hope Ash uses Pikachu, Infernape, Torterra, Buizel, Heracross and Snorlax against Paul. He could replace Hercross but best bet is Hercross cause all other Pokemon have same type except for Glalie and Muk. I already counted two ice puncher and Muk can be used against Conway as well.

He's already using Heracross against Darkrai and he already used Heracross against Nando. There are other reserves they showed and need to battle. Two battles for Heracross is good especially when it was the star against Nando and is definitely doing a major contribution against Darkrai.

I hope he uses the Sinnoh Team but if he uses a combination of reserves and his Sinnoh team I hope for:

Infernape, Pikachu, Staraptor, Glalie, Snorlax and Muk.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Heck, considering Heracross wasn't even shown in the opening, it's getting some great spotlight in this league... Starring against Nando AND going up against the strongest Pokemon Ash will face in this league? Wow, nice going big guy! :)

However, i doubt it will also face Paul. I believe that honour will go to the brute Snorlax and the undefeated Glalie.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I can't see Ash not using his Sinnoh team for this battle seeing as how at least 4/5 of them have some form of a rival or reason to fight going on and also Ash has been rivalling with Paul this entire time with this team bar Gible so they need their closure too by being used in the battle against Paul and getting Ash his payback

However there can/will be one swap and that's Gible for a reserve as it's no where near as strong as the others and my bet is on Snorlax being his replacement

HoennMaster

I'm praying for Ash to use Glalie in this battle. Glalie in a battle with Paul would make my day.

There is no doubt that Team Rocket will appear, for every gym battle, everything important they always stick their bloomin noses in it. I hope they get blasted off early so that they physically cannot get back to the league.

Grrr!

Team Rocket has never interrupted important league matches. They've delayed them, but not interrupted.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I'm praying for Ash to use Glalie in this battle. Glalie in a battle with Paul would make my day.

Team Rocket has never interrupted important league matches. They've delayed them, but not interrupted.

Have they not appeared in an episode barring the first?

luner45

Oshawott!! Lets go!
Damn i forgot it was a break aww this means will have to wait longer for barry and pauls match...even though we know who wins. hehe :)

saar

Shiny Flygon
Team Rocket shouldn't do anything in the league, the screentime most likely goes to Ash's sinnoh league battles and not something else. Besides, I don't remember any big event of other main character during a league, what we can't say about Grand Festivals(Glalie and Aipom)

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Team Rocket shouldn't do anything in the league, the screentime most likely goes to Ash's sinnoh league battles and not something else. Besides, I don't remember any big event of other main character during a league, what we can't say about Grand Festivals(Glalie and Aipom)

It's just mainly Team Rocket who interupts the intense league battles.

thunderblade12

Well the League's just about over and only one episode has aired. All five of the battles have basically been confirmed already.

Ash: Staraptor, Quilava, Heracross
Nando: Roserade, Armaldo, Kricketune

Paul: Electivire, Magmortar, Ursaring
Barry: Hitmonlee, Skarmory, Empoleon

Speculation of team from this point onwards

Ash: Gible, Donphan, Muk
Nando: Shuckle, Dusknoir, Slowking

Ash: Pikachu, Infernape, Torterra, Buizel, Glalie, Swellow
Paul: Electivire, Torterra, Magmortar, Honchkrow, Reserve one, Reserve two

Ash: Bayleef, Totodile, Quilava, Noctowl, Heracross, Snorlax
Darkrai: Magnezone(Elec), Tangrowth(Grass), Houndoom(Fire), Feraligatr(Wtr), Crobat(Fly), Darkrai(Wildcard)

Darkrai trainer's team mirroring the type set-up of one of Ash's regional teams.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!

Bit highlighted in bold. I read that right?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Well the League's just about over and only one episode has aired. All five of the battles have basically been confirmed already.

This was a nice match up.

Hmm. I was suprised about Barry's pokemon. Smart kid.

A very odd match up. But fair.

Why not use Staraptor instead? Why Swellow?

Darkrai: Magnezone(Elec), Tangrowth(Grass), Houndoom(Fire), Feraligatr(Wtr), Crobat(Fly), Darkrai(Wildcard)

Sweet call using his johto pokemon. Now only if Totodile was to make the evolution plunge he would be all set.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Come on Ash! You can do this. You can show Paul that love the pokemon is much stronger than hatred. Hopefully, that Misty,Tracey,Gary,May,Max,Richie,Lyra,Kohury,Kenny,and Zoey witness Ash's Sinnoh League Duel against his most serious and self-centered rival as they cheer him on. Everyone's counting on you.

ijea4444

I can't believe Glalie. I don't hate the guy but it's never been the pokemon that I jump for joy for. But you've all changed my mind, at least a bit. I just hope people don't start complaining about Ice Beam spams though.

Darkrai trainer's team mirroring the type set-up of one of Ash's regional teams.

Sweet list, but there's no Torkoal and Corphish who were in the opening/DP 182. I'm sure since we saw them in DP 182, they'd be used in some matches. And considering with what has been said in DP 182, Snorlax was a red herring in the opening and in fact, Heracross replaced his spot (if you don't know what has been said, Oak clearly said he should've sent Heracross with Ash rather than Snorlax. Meaning Ash clearly meant to use: Totodile, Corphish, Bayleef, Quilava, Heracross, Noctowl, Muk, Glalie, Torkoal, and Donphan in the league).

Also, there's no confirmation that Heracross is vs. Darkrai. While it's true that Conway is using Dusknoir, there's no evidence of the suspected video that showed the trailer with those match ups. Also, it was said to be shown in the cinema. Why would a trailer of the anime be shown in the cinema (which was where it was said to be shown). Trailer for the next movie, makes sense but the trailer for the anime? Conway with Dusknoir might've been a lucky guess.

Speaking of Conway, there's a summary saying Ash built a team of speedy pokemon against Conway and that's why Conway uses trick room. Pokemon like Donphan and Muk aren't that speedy (well Donphan's Rollout is but it's pretty big for a "speedy" type of pokemon) so we're probably going to see smaller pokemon like Corphish.

And then in terms of Ash vs. Paul, I agree basically. Except if Ash doesn't intend to use Swellow if you go by DP 182, I could see someone like Muk or Donphan in it. Muk for its unorthodox battling or Donphan for its type advantages (Electivire and Magmortar, Rollout against Honchkrow). They could be good choices.

Note: speaking of reserves that may not be used due to the opening/DP 182, hopefully they get mentioned. I know Swellow got a little mention, maybe Sceptile can get a mention too.

Anyway, hopefully the Ash vs. Paul match is good regardless of who he uses.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Sweet list, but there's no Torkoal and Corphish who were in the opening/DP 182. I'm sure since we saw them in DP 182, they'd be used in some matches. And considering with what has been said in DP 182, Snorlax was a red herring in the opening and in fact, Heracross replaced his spot (if you don't know what has been said, Oak clearly said he should've sent Heracross with Ash rather than Snorlax. Meaning Ash clearly meant to use: Totodile, Corphish, Bayleef, Quilava, Heracross, Noctowl, Muk, Glalie, Torkoal, and Donphan in the league).

Also, there's no confirmation that Heracross is vs. Darkrai. While it's true that Conway is using Dusknoir, there's no evidence of the suspected video that showed the trailer with those match ups. Also, it was said to be shown in the cinema. Why would a trailer of the anime be shown in the cinema (which was where it was said to be shown). Trailer for the next movie, makes sense but the trailer for the anime? Conway with Dusknoir might've been a lucky guess.

Speaking of Conway, there's a summary saying Ash built a team of speedy pokemon against Conway and that's why Conway uses trick room. Pokemon like Donphan and Muk aren't that speedy (well Donphan's Rollout is but it's pretty big for a "speedy" type of pokemon) so we're probably going to see smaller pokemon like Corphish.

And then in terms of Ash vs. Paul, I agree basically. Except if Ash doesn't intend to use Swellow if you go by DP 182, I could see someone like Muk or Donphan in it. Muk for its unorthodox battling or Donphan for its type advantages (Electivire and Magmortar, Rollout against Honchkrow). They could be good choices.

Note: speaking of reserves that may not be used due to the opening/DP 182, hopefully they get mentioned. I know Swellow got a little mention, maybe Sceptile can get a mention too.

Anyway, hopefully the Ash vs. Paul match is good regardless of who he uses.

Well... when you put it that way you ruin my fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.