• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 187: Satoshi VS Shinji - Rivalry Battle Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to someone who has seen Pokemon Fan magazine, which is officially released tomorrow, Ash uses the same team as his last battle with Paul (including Gliscor), and Paul uses a drastically different team.

Ash - Pikachu, Infernape, Torterra, Staraptor, Buizel, Gliscor
Paul - Electivire, Ninjask, Aggron, Drapion, Froslass, Gastrodon(East)

Thats the biggest twist ever. Even bigger than Gliscor reappearing for the battle. Paul is removing Magmortar, Torterra and most of all Honchkrow from the battle? Thats totally weird cause I was hoping that Ash's Torterra will redeem itself before being Oaked but it can't if it beats something like Gastrodon. For the first time, I want Slowkingsley news is wrong. I have waited so long to watch how Torterra will crush the bossy raven and now they throw this at us.

Sparklingwater

According to someone who has seen Pokemon Fan magazine, which is officially released tomorrow, Ash uses the same team as his last battle with Paul (including Gliscor), and Paul uses a drastically different team.

WTF, a giant slug, a princess, a bee, and 3 of the one we've been ranting about in this thread?

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters

Just Electivire? I find that rather doubtful!
So no Torterra? his most powerful Pokemon & Starter. no Honchrow so Ash's can get revenge? No Magmortar which was setup as Pauls Chimchar replacement?
If this new team is true then what a waste setting up Paul's main team all these years!

And while Drapion is cool and it would be sweet to see a Froslass in battle, it would still really suck. Especially a Ninjask and yet another Gastrodon, a Pokemon that dose not even suit Paul. Surly Feraligatr if anything!

It should be... Electivire, Torterra, Magmortar, Honchrow, Drapion and Aggron (a Pokemon we have atleast seen before).

Replacing all but one of Pauls main team would just feel cheap, and rather anti-climatic. Its not even that good a team, Infernape could beat 4 of them with type advantage alone and I know Anime / Games rule, but still, I thought Paul was a strategist?

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
That's awful. Now Ash's victory over Paul won't be worth so much.

Where's Paul's strong pokemon?.. Slowkingley, please say it's not true...

hope not :|

did all of pauls strong pokemon drop dead the night before or something?

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus

Woah. No Torterra or Honchkrow? I was so sure we'd see some Torterra/Honchkrow revenge. And I guess this means we'll never see Paul's Torterra being beaten by anyone other than Cynthia. Magmortar and Ursaring I'm not as shocked about, as they're strong, just not as strong as Torterra, Honchkrow and Electivire. Well maybe Ursaring- lets say consistent.

Anyway, my thoughts on Pauls choices

Electivire- Had to be kept for Infernape to beat really.
Ninjask- I guess he kept that Ninjask from long ago!
Aggron-We knew about
Drapion- We knew about
Froslass- Glad we get to see one in a decent battle. They really should have given Candice one
Gastrodon (East)- Finally we get to see it :D

It just like Gary, when Pikachu had a chance to prove itself to him Ash didn't used it. The worst thing here is absence of Honchkrow. Why build up a rivalry when you don't want to end it.
We don't even knew about the strength of the new Pokemon.
Maybe Paul is using new team cause he thinks that Ash has at last found some error in his strategy.

Sparklingwater

hope not :|

did all of pauls strong pokemon drop dead the night before or something?

I'm guessing the writer will demonstrate that these are Paul's strongest reserve pokemon by maybe letting Electivire (one of his strongest in the old time) come out, and get defeated first. Then have those other reserve kick ***. But still... this seems like a total rip off.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It just like Gary, when Pikachu had a chance to prove itself to him Ash didn't used it. The worst thing here is absence of Honchkrow. Why build up a rivalry when you don't want to end it.
We don't even knew about the strength of the new Pokemon.
Maybe Paul is using new team cause he thinks that Ash has at last found some error in his strategy.

It's not an excuse to replace almost all his pokemon. If Ash knows something, Paul should do that.
Or maybe he is actually scared. In the battle vs Brandon he relaced most of his pokemon. I don't see the point of beating Froslass and Gastrodon. Paul should use his starter & his strongest and what about Ursaring? Paul know that without it he will lose.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
My thoughts on the team...

Electivire - Atleast one of his main team is still around, so Infernape's win will still have meaning.
Ninjask - So doubtful, unless he use's it to Baton Pass. Sounds like fan speculation to me however, doubt the writers would be that foreshadowing!
Aggron - I was happy with this choice originally, as I thought it was going to be the fall guy to make Paul's main guys seem stronger, and give Ash the lead. However now it needs to go from OHKO Larion, to ultra-uber Aggron to make this new team seem up to standards.
Drapion - Fair enough, no problems here.
Froslass - Great to see one it battle, but wish it was not under Paul's team, just dose not suit him and is no replacement compared to his original guys.
Gastrodon - Same as above, although an even worst choice. Seriously there's no better Water Pokemon for Paul? Feels like they just threw it in becuase they forgot to add it earlier in the series! both it an Froslass could of gone to the LT instead. Shame

Last edited:

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I know it feels like a rip off guys but this is Paul. All his Pokemon are his strong Pokemon. I'm sure these new guys are just as, if not more so, strong than the guys from the previous full battle.

adyniz

Bulbapædist
What!!!

Woh... I did not see that coming at all specially a Froslass, Gastrodon and Aggron :O
This is gonna be Epic :D

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
OK I understand most of this. Paul's typical strategy is to overpower the opponent and then make them feel insecure. He's so much more mature than Ash :D
I might as well be kidding right there.

jefferies

Wow. I really hope this is true, although I'm a little doubtful. The only Pokemon of Paul's lake team that I wanted to see were Electrivire and Usaring and they were in the Barry battle. So I'm happy, seeing these supposed rivalries play out would have been monotonously repetitive. The main (and perhaps only real) rivalry ( Chimchar's evolution line vs Elekid's evolution line) is more than enough.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Hey Guys do we know what round this is? Quater, Semi's?
Also, Im disappointed that Torterra and Honchkrow aren't being used. I hope its wrong, I don't mind Froslass being used, I'd like to see it like this, Torterra, Honchkrow, Electrivire, Froslass, Aggron and Drapion.
Also anyone else feel that the Sinnoh team will win but take a huge beating that they won't be used against the LT? Kinda like Harrison's Blazekin.

Froslass doesn't seems to be a Paul type Pokemon. I mean a Pokemon wearing a Kimono for Paul? They are making up for mistakes they made in during the saga like giving Froslass only one episode and not showing east sea Gastrodon.

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Wow. I really hope this is true, although I'm a little doubtful. The only Pokemon of Paul's lake team that I wanted to see were Electrivire and Usaring and they were in the Barry battle. So I'm happy, seeing these supposed rivalries play out would have been monotonously repetitive. The main (and perhaps only real) rivalry ( Chimchar's evolution line vs Elekid's evolution line) is more than enough.
Completely true.

Status
Not open for further replies.