• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 187: Satoshi VS Shinji - Rivalry Battle Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
If one of Paul's pokemon will knock out 3 pokemon I think people here will thier minds.

I don't know what about you guys, but I don't want to see another raging bear....

At this point the only thing that bothers me about the battle is Gliscor to some extent. Technically it was trained by another person to get stronger, not Ash. Ash did train it while it was a Gligar, and when it was a Gliscor, but meh.

Paul's team doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad he's using different Pokemon. Makes the battle more interesting. Electivire is obviously in there to have the final showdown with Infernape, but Froslass/Ninjask/Gastrodon are all interesting. Better than seeing that bear again.

STICKTOPIA

It doesn't matter Hyuuga Neji b/c Ash still had it longer and he did do some training with Gliscor. Charizard has been trained by another person since Johto. As long as Ash uses pokemon he originally caught then I have no problem.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think the pokemon that needs revenge is pikachu i mean come on that crazy goliath bear threw it into a freaken lake pika needs REVENGE!!!!!!!!

fanofafan28

lengendary champion
if pikachu managed to beat volkners electivire and put a great fight against garys electivire so then pauls electivire is much weaker and younger....ash should use pikachu against it

It doesn't matter Hyuuga Neji b/c Ash still had it longer and he did do some training with Gliscor. Charizard has been trained by another person since Johto. As long as Ash uses pokemon he originally caught then I have no problem.

I suppose you're right with the Charizard reference, but something about just feels off for some reason. I really wonder what'll happen to it after the battle. Oak's or back to Air battle master?

fanofafan28

lengendary champion
it looks like drapion is using ice beam hmp of corseits a major change ash has 3 pokemon that are weak to ice...figure i guess regie trained it well

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Wait so you don't like ash's buizel he didn't catch him?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
it looks like drapion is using ice beam hmp of corseits a major change ash has 3 pokemon that are weak to ice...figure i guess regie trained it well
Sorry but drapion can't use or learn ice beam and its not reggies its pauls

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
if pikachu managed to beat volkners electivire and put a great fight against garys electivire so then pauls electivire is much weaker and younger....ash should use pikachu against it

I don't think Ash's Pikachu will battle a 3rd Electivire..... Don't make me laugh. Pikachu will battle Froslass and defeat it I assume, I think the matches will go like this.

Froslass VS Pikachu[Pikachu wins]

Aggron VS Pikachu[Pikachu is recalled]

Infernape VS Aggron[Infernape wins]- I really can only see Infernape winning 2 sadly.

Ninjask VS Infernape[Speed Boost & Baton Passes with Gastrodon but Ash recalls Infernape]

Staraptor VS Gastrodon[Staraptor takes heavy damage and is recalled]

Torterra VS Gastrodon[Torterra wins after a tough battle]

Torterra VS Drapion[Drapion wins]

Buizel VS Drapion[Buizel is recalled]

Staraptor VS Drapion[Drapion wins]

Gliscor VS Drapion[Gliscor wins + recalled]

Pikachu VS Ninjask[Pikachu loses]

Buizel VS Ninjask[Buizel wins]

Buizel/Gliscor VS Electivire[Electivire wins]

Infernape VS Electivire[Infernape wins]

I personally see Ninjask being one of the Pokemon that gives Ash the most trouble. We saw Paul catch it quite a while ago, and obviously it was strong enough to warrant a capture. If he plays it like a Smogon Ninjask, Ash will certaintly have some problems.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Meh, actually I think Ninjask is Paul's weakest pokemon, it can't beat Pikachu.

I don't think Ninjask is weak.Paul will definitely take advantage of its ability & with that speed it can't be an easy pkmn to battle.I think it'll face all of Ash's pkmn at some point,raising its speed & probably its attack too[SD] & Baton Passing constantly

thunderblade12

At this point the only thing that bothers me about the battle is Gliscor to some extent. Technically it was trained by another person to get stronger, not Ash. Ash did train it while it was a Gligar, and when it was a Gliscor, but meh.

Paul's team doesn't bother me at all. I'm glad he's using different Pokemon. Makes the battle more interesting. Electivire is obviously in there to have the final showdown with Infernape, but Froslass/Ninjask/Gastrodon are all interesting. Better than seeing that bear again.

I would reference Charizard and Squirtle, but this League pretty much confirms that ALL of Ash's pokemon train at Oak's lab too. If Gliscor/Charizard/Squirtle are cheap, so are the rest of his reserves.

I'm betting Gliscor will be the Torkoal of this saga. The nothing-special pokemon of his team that returns near the end of the saga as a powerhouse.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Okay, I've changed my mind a little bit about how I think the battles could go. Here's my new prediction:

Ash vs. Paul
Pikachu vs. Ninjask (Ninjask is recalled)
Pikachu vs. Gastrodon (Pikachu is recalled)
Torterra vs. Gastrodon (Torterra is recalled)
Staraptor vs. Gastrodon (Staraptor)
Staraptor vs. Electivire (Both are recalled)
Buizel vs. Drapion (Drapion)
Torterra vs. Drapion (Drapion is recalled)
Torterra vs. Ninjask (Torterra)
Torterra vs. Drapion (Drapion)
Staraptor vs. Drapion (Drapion)
Break
Gliscor vs. Drapion (Gliscor)
Gliscor vs. Froslass (Gliscor is recalled)
Pikachu vs. Froslass (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Aggron (Aggron easily wins)
Infernape vs. Aggron (Infernape is recalled)
Gliscor vs. Aggron (Draw)
Infernape vs. Electivire (Infernape barely wins)

And for the record, Paul's Ninjask doesn't need Baton Pass. Baton Pass is one of those moves that becomes obsolete in the anime, where a trainer can recall their Pokemon at any time rather than having to time it like in the games.

Last edited:

Sparklingwater

I'm sorry, can someone please explain to me why these pokemon MUST be weak?

Fact is, Paul has always released pokemon immediately after seeing that they were weak and unworthy of his training style. Everything he owns must be insanely powerful. As opposed to Ash who just trains whatever may come.

Starly - The first two he released simply because they didn't have Aerial Ace. The third was released for not being strong enough even though it won it's battle. High standards is an understatement.

Stantler - He checked his pokedex and confirmed that it wasn't good enough. If Ninjask, Froslass, Drapion, Aggron, and Gastrodon were weak, he would have done the same to them.

Azumarill - Sometimes Paul gives pokemon a chance and lets them battle. Azumarill was one of them. But if they severely disappoint him, he will release them right away. I highly doubt Paul would use a newly caught pokemon that he wasn't sure of this late in the game. It's just not his style at all.

Chimchar - This one was a special exception. He oly held onto it as long as he did because he was trying to reawaken the power he seen when he first caught it. Ninjask was caught right before Chimchar BTW.

As for the other pokemon he held on to, they were all powerful and had no reason to be released.

Torterra - His starter. Only battle it ever lost was against Cynthia.
Magmortar -Made quick work of Maylene's Lucario
Electivire - Seems to be his most relied on and powerful pokemon
Honchkrow - Always proved to be tough.
Ursaring - Murders before it finally faints (after what would equate to like 5000 HP worth of damage in the games)
Nidoking - We've only seen it battle against Brandon and his three Regis. Count? no.
Aggron - See Nidoking
Hariyama - See Nidoking
Gliscor - Seemed pretty good based on how it massacred Gligar.

And now the one I always here excuses about

Weavile: A pokemon that I don't get why it's considered weak. Aside from the battle against Ash and Cynthia it didn't even have a battle with a conclusion. The battle against Cynthia certainly doesn't count. If it does than Honchkrow is weak too. Side note: Weavile and Murkrow were both caught BEFORE Paul came to Sinnoh so he's had them for at least two regions now. Aside from that there was the "battle" against Gliscor where it got knocked over (knocked over, the new KO.) I seriously don't get why that matters sense the same thing happened to Electabuzz. Electabuzz actually went crashing into Paul. And then there was the battle against Staraptor, the only battle it lost that was justified. Why can't Weavile be strong but Staraptor was just stronger? It really seems to me like some of you guys would claim anything certain pokemon defeat is weak. It took a 4X super-effective powerhouse attack for Weavile to even defeat the thing too...

So someone please explain to me why pokemon we haven't even seen yet are already confirmed to be pitiful weaklings?

Not many people here think those pokemon at "weak" except for a selected few. But at the same time, no matter how strong those new pokemon's, how can the writers justify that they are stronger/faster and a better choice for Paul than his previous team with a end result of Ash winning 6:5 and the previous result is Paul winning 6:2? I mean, come on, no matter how much stronger they are, how fast they move, and how many outstanding and unpredictable strategies Paul put forward, the result with these Pokemon and Paul's team will be a 6:5 lost.

The writers forgot about the viewers/fans. This is not only about Ash trying to demonstrate that his training style is better than Paul, but also to demonstrate to the fans that this is the case. After the battle, I'm sure we'll have another thread just as long *****ing about "What if Paul use tortera? What if he use the bear?" People will not be convinced that just because Ash can beat an insanely strong new group of pokemon from Paul, means he can defeat the old group. Heck, if Ash is strong enough to take out Cythia, the viewers will still won't be convinced that Ash can take out Paul's tortera, hounchrow, and magmorta.

This will no doubt if another battle like Gary vs Ash. Ash's pokemon vs a bunch of random strong pokemon with no from his strongest rival.

And Yes, once again this is a total rip off because the viewers spending the last 4 years seeing Hounchcrow defeated Maylene 3-0, whereas ash barely won it. Elekid, even as a kid was tough enough to take on a pikachu that just defeated regice. Usuring time and time again proven to be a beast with all it's battle, totera who can take on the like of Cythia's garchomp, Magmorta who took a direct hit of a Empoleon which is at least level 40 + and still standing, as well as much much more episodes and events to prove the strengh of these guys. We all want an ending that justify the entirer 4 years series, not an ending to simply say Ash has gotten better from his previous league.

Eevee7ways

Sonica Boooom!
And for the record, Paul's Ninjask doesn't need Baton Pass. Baton Pass is one of those moves that becomes obsolete in the anime, where a trainer can recall their Pokemon at any time rather than having to time it like in the games.

The point would be to pass on the status boosts. Besides, that's one of the main drawing points of ninjask, and they could easily portray baton pass as a pokemon switch that occurs instantly, rather then "return, pick new pokeball, throw new pokeball".

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I hope the battle goes like that-

Torterra vs Aggron (Torterra is recalled)
Pikachu vs Aggron (Pikachu is recalled)
Infernape vs Aggron (Infernape)
Gliscor vs Drapion (Drapion is recalled)

Second episode-

Gliscor vs Ninjask (Gliscor)
Gliscor vs Froslass (Froslass)
Pikachu vs Froslass (Pikachu)
Gastrodon vs Pikachu (Gastrodon)
Gastrodon vs Staraptor (Staraptor)
Drapion vs Staraptor (Drapion)
Torterra vs Drapion (Drapion)
Drapion vs Buizel (Drapion)
Infernape vs Drapion (Infernape)
Electivire vs Infernape (Infernape)

shac

I missed a week from serebii....could someone please list all the confirmed info for me? Has it been confirmed that Gliscor is returning?

Status
Not open for further replies.