• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 187: Satoshi VS Shinji - Rivalry Battle Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

terminoob

The Underdog
i guess ash is gonna win then face that darkria trainer taskso or whatever his name is but lose to the darkria (if doesnt use charizard)

Charizard uses Flamethrower
Darkrai gets hit
Darkrai uses Dark Void
Charizard is put to sleep
Bad Dreams activates; Charizard loses health
Darkrai uses any powerful move/Nightmare/Dream Eater
Bad Dreams finishes off Charizard

Yep. Charizard is the only Pokemon Ash has that will beat Darkrai.

But, that's off-topic. I really hope Gliscor is recalled against Ninjask and Torterra is the one to beat it. It'd show off that Ash knows it's not fast anymore and can effectively utilize it's defense. That, and I'm going to be shocked if the writers pass up Gliscor vs. Electivire [Giga Impact vs. Giga Impact seems like something they would do.]

gliscor&yanmega

Alright since there is nothing else to really do right now I'm going to give my detailed prediction of this episode.

Episode starts off with a recap of the battle. Opening and episode title after that. Then the episode really starts:

Ash vs Paul:
Buizel vs Drapion-Ash tells Buizel to use Water Pulse which sets it free, but then it gets thrown in the air by Drapion which then uses Toxic. Buizel lands on the ground only to be affected by Poison. Buizel is finished off with Pin Missile.

Staraptor vs Drapion-Paul tells Drapion to use Pin Missile, which Staraptor dodges. Ash tells Staraptor to use Aerial Ace but Drapion stops it by grabbing it and throwing it to the ground(The preview showed purple when it hits the ground so either this is Poison Jab or it got Poison before this). Drapion finishes it with Cross Poison.

Torterra vs Drapion-Ash sees that Drapion works best when the Pokemon it's battling against is a lot lighter and smaller then it, so Ash uses Torterra. Torterra uses Leaf Strom which hits but doesn't do much, and then Drapion disproves Ash previous thoughts by using Pin Missile to hit Torterra and then gets hit with a Cross Poison. Ash sees that even Torterra wont be able to do anything so it's recalled.

Pikachu vs Drapion-Paul recalls Drapion before the battle starts.

Pikachu vs Froslass-Pikachu uses Thunderbolt which hits but doesn't seem to do anything. Froslass then uses Ominous Wind which hits Pikachu and does some damage to it. Pikachu then uses Iron Tail hitting Froslass on the head and doing a lot of damage. Froslass then uses Ice Beam which freezes Pikachu. Ash tells Pikachu to break the ice using Volt Tackle, which it does but just before it hits Paul tells Froslass to use Destiny Bond. Volt Tackle hits and makes Froslass, but because of Destiny Bond Pikachu also faints.

Infernape vs Ninjask-Infernape uses Flamethrower but misses because of Ninjask's fast speed. Ninjask uses Aerial Ace and hits Infernape. Infernape uses Flamethrower again and hits but Ninjask then uses Giga Drain. Infernape gets recalled after that.

Gliscor vs Ninjask-Gliscor uses Fire Fang but misses. Ninjask uses Fury Cutter and hits Gliscor over and over again. Ash thinks of a way to beat Ninjask using Giga Impact. Paul tells Ninjask to use Fury Cutter again but as Paul says this Ash tells Gliscor to use Giga Impact which instead is Stone Edge and as Ninjask comes to hit Gliscor it instead gets repelled by Stone Edge which then gets hit by it, knocking it out.

Gliscor vs Drapion-Drapion uses Pin Missile which is easily dodged by Gliscor and uses X-Scissor thus ending the battle.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Ash vs Paul:
Buizel vs Drapion-Ash tells Buizel to use Water Pulse which sets it free, but then it gets thrown in the air by Drapion which then uses Toxic. Buizel lands on the ground only to be affected by Poison. Buizel is finished off with Pin Missile.

Erm..............water pulse is gone man :( Ice Punch is the new watery ball of confusion sadly.

gliscor&yanmega

Erm..............water pulse is gone man :( Ice Punch is the new watery ball of confusion sadly.

I don't believe in the whole "Pokemon can only know 4 moves at a time" so...yah.

But regardless if it's never going to use it again then it can use Water Gun then.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if Ash will use Stone Edge in some unique fashion against Paul?

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
You guys post a lot....

YES! Back to Back battle episode! No flashback intro, no ending before the episode ends. Just battling :D

I knew Ninjask would be no pushover. With speed boost, and probably Agility, it is like the Flash.

Wonder if Ash will use Stone Edge in some unique fashion against Paul?

Ash sees that Ninjask is too fast to hit normally, for he has Gliscor use Stone Edge on the field, which makes the entire field covered in dust. Then Gliscor can track it from above when it moves through it, allowing him to hit it. Or uses the dust as cover so Ninjask keeps missing and tires it self out.

Hopefully Staraptor will land a Brave Bird, at least, so if it is the fall guy it won't of been totally useless. Gastrodon already made it his *****. =/ It seems to of gotten a huge speed boost here...Agility? Maybe Ash uses a reverse whirlwind to propel it. Either way, awesome.

Buizel got a good win, nice Ice-jet, and then one Ice Punch finishes it off. It gave Staraptor, a speeding-Flyer a run for his own money, and Buizel sent it flying.

I'm seriously Hoping Gliscor is recalled/Drapion is recalled here. I want Torterra to get a win against Drapion. It taking down Drapion will secure a spot in powerhouse history. If not Drapion, Ninjask. If it can take a million-100mph hits and still win it, well it be one great tank.

Pikachu. If it doesn't get a win here, well it will probably be the second fall guy of the battle.

As for Paul not switching. Paul doesn't have a single method of battling. Right now he has a huge upper hand, he knows Ash's team. There have been two evolutions, new moves and a flying-trained Gliscor, so it isn't 100% anymore, but he still knows it well enough. So him not wanting to give Ash the chance to see his other Pokemon is in character. He makes strategies he sees fit for the moment, not the same every time.

Plus, we don;t know if he isn't switching yet. We saw a total of 30 seconds of a 20-so minutes battle. He could do a decent amount of switching with Ninjask, Froslass and Drapion.

gliscor&yanmega

You guys post a lot....

Is that a problem?

I'm seriously Hoping Gliscor is recalled/Drapion is recalled here. I want Torterra to get a win against Drapion. It taking down Drapion will secure a spot in powerhouse history. If not Drapion, Ninjask. If it can take a million-100mph hits and still win it, well it be one great tank.

We have gotten a picture(month or so ago) of Drapion vs Gliscor and it looked a lot like an ending shot, so this episode will most likely end with Drapion vs Gliscor. Since we know Torterra is battling Drapion at some point it either loses or is recalled, I'm guessing recalled. Plus why does Torterra get to be known as a "powerhouse" why not Gliscor?

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
The preview showed Torterra in only one second.

I think he will lost to Drapion without a single win!!

and, Drapion will knock out Staraptor and Buizel.

and, Gliscor will be the one who beats Drapion and Ninjask!!

and, Froslass will beat Gliscor.

Froslass vs Pikachu will be draw

so my prediction is:
Drapion vs Buizel = Drapion wins
Drapion vs Torterra = Drapion wins
Drapion vs Staraptor = Drapion wins
Drapion vs Gliscor = Gliscor wins and recalls
Froslass vs Infernape = Froslass recalls
Ninjask vs Infernape = Infernape recalls
Ninjask vs Gliscor = Gliscor wins
Froslass vs Gliscor = Froslass wins
Froslass vs Pikachu = both faint at the same time

the episode ends. and next one will be the final battle: Electivier vs Infernape.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Charizard uses Flamethrower
Darkrai gets hit
Darkrai uses Dark Void
Charizard is put to sleep
Bad Dreams activates; Charizard loses health
Darkrai uses any powerful move/Nightmare/Dream Eater
Bad Dreams finishes off Charizard

The problem with that is that all Charizard fans will be like WATZ since he should have wonz against a Darkrai who is obviosly no where near his match...

gliscor&yanmega

The preview showed Torterra in only one second.

I think he will lost to Drapion without a single win!!

and, Drapion will knock out Staraptor and Buizel.

and, Gliscor will be the one who beats Drapion and Ninjask!!

and, Froslass will beat Gliscor.

Froslass vs Pikachu will be draw

so my prediction is:
Drapion vs Buizel = Drapion wins
Drapion vs Torterra = Drapion wins
Drapion vs Staraptor = Drapion wins
Drapion vs Gliscor = Gliscor wins and recalls
Froslass vs Infernape = Froslass recalls
Ninjask vs Infernape = Infernape recalls
Ninjask vs Gliscor = Gliscor wins
Froslass vs Gliscor = Froslass wins
Froslass vs Pikachu = both faint at the same time

the episode ends. and next one will be the final battle: Electivier vs Infernape.

Drapion vs Gliscor is most likely the end of the episode. We got a picture of them a while ago and it looked a lot like an ending shot.

BirdStaraptor

Sinnoh Master
Drapion vs Gliscor is most likely the end of the episode. We got a picture of them a while ago and it looked a lot like an ending shot.

really?! I did't see this picture.
but why would Paul recall Drapion if he is doing very well?

by the way!
I heard Reggie says: so it's Drapion time or something like that!!
I wonder what does Reggie know about Drapion ?!

gliscor&yanmega

really?! I did't see this picture.
but why would Paul recall Drapion if he is doing very well?

by the way!
I heard Reggie says: so it's Drapion time or something like that!!
I wonder what does Reggie know about Drapion ?!

It was posted a while ago, but someone posted on the last past of this thread I think, I'll get it anyways.

Who knows why Drapion got recalled, it's Paul's strategy not mine. Perhaps he wants to throw Ash off and send out another Pokemon for Ash to deal with.

I don't know what Reggie said but if that's what he said then it could be that it's his Drapion. Also Reggie has taken care of Paul's Pokemon before so Paul could have caught it a while ago and left it at Reggie's place.

EDIT: Here's the picture of Drapion vs Gliscor
[IMG139]http://i37.*******.com/mil202.jpg[/IMG139]

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I honestly hope Gliscor does use Giga Impact at least once, because what was the point of it getting the move if it had no intention of using it?

Also, i've got a feeling Torterra might be going out again without a win as well.

gliscor&yanmega

I honestly hope Gliscor does use Giga Impact at least once, because what was the point of it getting the move if it had no intention of using it?

Also, i've got a feeling Torterra might be going out again without a win as well.

Gliscor could use it against Drapion or Ninjask still. If it's able to beat Drapion(Or gets recalled in time) then it could use it on Electrivire too. If Gliscor battles Froslass then it could be use then as well. It should use it at less once, and probably will.

Torterra might lose without a win but it can still some improvement by holding it's own against Drapion and whoever it would battle. Torterra could be the one who weakens Drapion and Gliscor just finishes it off.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

And Staraptor...

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Wow I didn't think we were gonna see Froslass on Paul's team. I am looking forward to it as well as ninjask.

gliscor&yanmega

Wow I didn't think we were gonna see Froslass on Paul's team. I am looking forward to it as well as ninjask.

A lot of people were shocked to see Froslass on his team(And most of the Pokemon he's using), but we got a magazine scan of the Pokemon Ash and Paul would be using so not many people are surprise with it now.

Froslass on his team was a nice surprise for me.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Anyways,

- Barry and Ash aren't even in the same league. Barry was a starting trainer, so it was natural that he would lose to a veteran like Paul. Didn't matter how it went down, he was gonna lose.
- Paul merely changed up his strategy, something almost every trainer does. Even though Paul won with his old one, who's to say he isn't allowed to change it if he isn't satisfied? With this one, he probably feels more comfortable with it and it maybe be better than before.
-In those cases, those Pokemon were taken out by brute force. Not strategy. It was merely an instance when Ash's Pokemon got the better of them. There was no indication of them letting Ash win.
-Ash as a trainer has grown. But as a battler, not so much. He still exerts all of his force on one opponent, while all the while his opponent has something much stronger waiting in its Pokeball. Because he has a tough time with a Pokemon, he thinks that its the biggest threat to him and exerts all of his Pokemon's power without thinking "Hey wait, maybe this isn't his toughest one, and he probably has something stronger waiting for me afterwards". He just tries to KO every Pokemon his opponent has.
-Meanwhile, Paul is using a strategy that most skilled trainers use. Scouting. By knowing what your opponent has, you can easily find a way to counter each one. Especially if its a Pokemon you already know of. Sure he has lost two Pokemon. But those two alone have forced Ash to use a total of 4 Pokemon while he still doesn't know 3 of Paul's. Seems pretty effective to me. Before, Paul relied on luck with ablities like Guts and Blaze. At some point, he realized that those ablilities don't always activate and it is better to have a sure fire plan. Hence his new strategy to scout his opponents Pokemon. Had theis been the Full Battle Paul, Ash would know almost all of Paul's team by now and Paul would have lost way too many Pokemon due to switching out for effects and powerups. It isn't so much that he is purposely letting them lose, but he is forcing Ash to switch out because of them.
- Seeing how Ash has no clearly defined strategy against Paul, he is pretty much only relying on the friendship and bonds he has with his Pokemon, he is essentially hoping they are strong enough to win because he doesn't have a plan for any of them. At no point did he show any sort of strategy other than what we usually see. And that is using the field to help him when he is a tight spot. And that is not the sign of a good trainer. All too often, Ash relies on the battlefield to help him when his Pokemon can't handle a Pokemon head on. At the end of his rope, he somehow instantly remembers something about the battlefield that didn't occur to him when he was getting his *** handed to him. Sooner or later, this reliance on the field with no strategy in mind it eventually going to hurt him more than help.
Deathseer you make some good points but I'll have to disagree with you. Ash does charge into battle and that is evident in his battles against Paul. But I wouldn't go as far as to say he has no strategy.
-Ash switched out Pikachu because he knew it would end up as a loss for him. He blocked Aggron's metal claw with Pikachu's Iron tail because dodging it would've been dangerous. Then Ash responded to a Metal sound with a powerful Thunderbolt and a follow up Volt tackle to deal maximum damage. Paul countered of course with a Flash cannon that surprisingly didn't hit Pika directly. Then came Infer with a Flare drive to match the Double-edge Aggron unleased which was foolish but it payed off with a burn ailment. Mach punch to end the battle was a smart strategy which payed off with a win and Paul only saw Infer and Pika so far.
-Out came Gastrodon with Ash switching right away because of the type disadvantage. Staraptor came out with a wing attack since Ash probably figured the air advantage would work out. Paul did the smart thing and used a counter shield which he got from Ash to block Staraptor's advantage of air. So Ash did the only thing he could which was to go for an Aerial ace which Paul took advantage of with Gastro dodging and then sitting on Staraptor and lauching a Water pulse in the air.
-Now I dunno if Paul would have Gastro dodge at the last second or have the Water pulse hit both but Ash did the smart thing and used Close combat on the ground to escape. This cost him an Ice beam to Staraptor's back and Ash switched out. He then looked at the board and said not yet for some reason. Then he sent out Buizel and lauched an Aqua jet to Paul's Gastro's Ice beam taking advantage of Ice aqua jet he perfected in a contest which Paul looked down on Ash for entering.
-Gastrodon got Ice punched afterwards when Paul would've better off ordering a Mud bomb at Buizel. Now Paul knows Ash has the same team as before for sure although I doubt he knows Grotle evolved to Torterra. Drapion comes out with Pin missle and Ash responds with a Water gun counter shield. Then its Sonicboom after dodging Cross poison and the episode ends with Buizel captured and Ash in a tight spot.
-So after my little episode summary I will clarify my point. Ash does have strategy it just isn't evident all the time. Using a battlefield is an important part of pokemon battle and Ash takes advantage of that to get out of tight spots at the right moment. Its not like he can just realize that as soon as Staraptor is stuck underneath Gastrodon he should use Close combat on the ground to escape because he never thought that might happen. Besides its not like Staraptor had any other moves to escape his capture.
-Believing in friendship is an important part of Ash's battle style and he depends on that to boost his pokemon's spirit. Who's pokemon would try their hardest for their trainer on their last legs? Ash's or Paul's? Well anyway you get the point I'm making and if not then leave me a message.
DP 187 should be great and I'm looking forward to how Ash gets out of jam he is in with Buizel. As for the rest of the matches I'm not sure how they will go down but Glion will probably take out Ninjask. I think Torterra will win at least one match after losing against Volkner and Bertha from the last few episodes. Pikachu vs Froslass will be interesting. It would've been funny to see how Ash's Glalie would react to Froslass. The episode will probably end with Electivire coming out against whichever pokemon Ash has out.

Status
Not open for further replies.