• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 187: Satoshi VS Shinji - Rivalry Battle Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterpokes

Lets keep Fire Fang, Giga Impact, X Scissor and Stone Edge. Half of the time Steel Wing didn't do anything and rest of the time it didn't did anything either. And Sand Attack is too limited.

This new move can also be Rock Blast cause its animation is a little similar to Bertha's Golem using Rock Blast but I hope it is Stone Edge.

Big question would be, will Gliscor be able to control Stone Edge like Paul's Torterra? Its eyes are glowing.

You're making it sound that Pokemon can't get more then 4 moves. Give it 9 moves as total, and it still won't have the record for most moves. And Steel Wing isn't that bad.

What the shizzle?
Paul is crapping in his pants! You can't help to feel bad for the guy.
Wasn't Buizel also under poisen, if the pink thing is poison, that we see on Staraptor? I have a feeling that I'm right, that Staraptor will be the one who doesn't get a victory. One of my favorites doesn't get a win against Paul.

Hopefully Infernape will burn up the entire field, making it look like a war-zone. Can't wait for the upcoming episode!

Drapion wants a hug from Torterra. Bromance WTF!

cauldronmaster

Eh, the writers do like to debut the hyper beam variants on the kanto starters (meaning Blast Burn would debut on Charizard), but since they already broke the rule that Ash befriends the opponents that defeat him with Takuto, its possible that they'll break this rule as well.

My only concern is that Torterra might not get a win. Gliscor has already proven its strength and has gotten an obvious power boost, Staraptor has already racked up a win in this league, and Pikachu has all of Isshu (and future sagas) to rack up wins. Torterra, on the on the other hand, has not won a single battle since defeating Candice's Sneasel (as a Grotle), which occured before Ash and Paul's initial full battle at Lake Acuity over a year ago.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Sweet Jesus that Blaze is crazy! Its actually a burning battlefield(pun completely intended)...Well..I suppose thats karma coming back to seriously bite Paul in the butt O_O

But anyway..Unlike Infernape, Terra isnt looking so hot(another pun completely intended :p) DX His own Rock Climb turned against him? Ouch..I really hope it gets a win here. It looks like it might be a fall guy, but I'll pull for him until I see the end of his fight..

Last edited:

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
^Now that you mention it may very well be Blast Burn o:

Its supposed to be a firery explosion..I'm quite sure thats a firery explosion o_o If that is Blast Burn, it would be a nice representaion of the whole friendship thing since you need to have bonded to learn the move..

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I really don't like Inferape mastering 2 moves already just for one match. Flare Blitz/Blaze combo is good enough. It doesn't need to learn Blastburn.

cauldronmaster

^Well, it should be a powerhouse, considering its size alone. Its one thing if a puny electric rodent gets tossed around like garbage, but when you're talking about a giant tortoise with a huge tree and three freaking mountains on its back . . . Something like that being tossed like a weakling doesn't look right, not to mention illogical.

In any case, even if the ape does activate Blaze and/or learns Blast Burn, I don't think it will be the one to finish Ninjask. Likely, Paul will respond by recalling Ninjask for something else (Drapion or Electivire), or will command baton pass to one of the aforementioned pokemon, which will eventually cause ash to recall the ape for one of his other pokemon that have not yet fainted.

dman_dustin

I really don't like Inferape mastering 2 moves already just for one match. Flare Blitz/Blaze combo is good enough. It doesn't need to learn Blastburn.

Except Infernape should've never learned Flare Blitz, the only reason it did was because of stupid Flint and his Flare Blitz Infernape.

Infernape definitely deserved Blast Burn, not Flare Blitz.

What I find funny is fans still consider Torterra a powerhouse. lol

It's not fair to call Torterra weak just because the writers refuse to treat it fairly.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
It doesn't look like Torterra's getting a win here...

What I find funny is fans still consider Torterra a powerhouse. lol

Hey--

It's not fair to call Torterra weak just because the writers refuse to treat it fairly.

This, exactly (I'm sigging this, actually). Torterra has fought in.. what? How many battles as a Torterra?

I remember one against Bertha's Hippowdon, and in this one against Drapion. Were there any others?
Of those two, this is the only one it's legitimately lost (assuming it loses here). You can't count the one against Bertha because it lost as a plot point. It was to make the Elite Four's power seem too overwhelming for Ash (and probably an early sign that Ash wouldn't make it to them). Just like Ash's Super-Saiyan Infernape--it had a pathetic loss against Flint's Infernape (it was down in, like, two hits).

Now, let's look at some of it's battles as a Grotle. It's early losses can be contributed to it's new form--again, plot power at work. It's loss against Paul was also plot-related, though more legitimate--they could only have Ash's Pokemon do so well against Paul and Monferno was the only real candidate besides Pikachu. It's loss against Palmer--plot point (Palmer is a beast).

So the way I see it, as a Grotle most of it's losses were to make a plot point and not due to actual sucking, and half of Torterra's losses were plot-related as well. Torterra did well as a Turtwig, it doesn't make sense for it to have gotten weaker. The writers just suck when it comes to plot-related battling.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
^ Makes be think blaze has been activated already...here we were hoping for the last match up to be a BLAZING one...

If blaze is activated now, then maybe infernape loses to electivire and torterra defeats electivire...

torterra looks like its about to be tossed by drapion while using rock climb...so torterra is beat up pretty bad huh? I was praying its not the fall guy this time...

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
It doesn't look like Torterra's getting a win here...

Hey--

This, exactly (I'm sigging this, actually). Torterra has fought in.. what? How many battles as a Torterra?

I remember one against Bertha's Hippowdon, and in this one against Drapion. Were there any others?
Of those two, this is the only one it's legitimately lost (assuming it loses here). You can't count the one against Bertha because it lost as a plot point. It was to make the Elite Four's power seem too overwhelming for Ash (and probably an early sign that Ash wouldn't make it to them). Just like Ash's Super-Saiyan Infernape--it had a pathetic loss against Flint's Infernape (it was down in, like, two hits).

Now, let's look at some of it's battles as a Grotle. It's early losses can be contributed to it's new form--again, plot power at work. It's loss against Paul was also plot-related, though more legitimate--they could only have Ash's Pokemon do so well against Paul and Monferno was the only real candidate besides Pikachu. It's loss against Palmer--plot point (Palmer is a beast).

So the way I see it, as a Grotle most of it's losses were to make a plot point and not due to actual sucking, and half of Torterra's losses were plot-related as well. Torterra did well as a Turtwig, it doesn't make sense for it to have gotten weaker. The writers just suck when it comes to plot-related battling.

I had just added the same quote to mine before I read this lol

Plus, when you look at the Honckrow battles, it has a Typer advantage, and Ash, in general, was completely stomped by Paul in the full battle. And when Turtwig evolved...well it grew like five times its size and was so awkward it could barley walk.

And tthe Ryperior battle...Grotle was about an energy ball away from winning tha6t battle. Ash was too slow to call off a finishing move when he had it trapped at the edge. The mere fact it got to that point shows how strong the thing was. The sinnoh Brandon, Grotle stood up to the Sinnoh Brandon, and put up a hell of a fit! Something Grovyle never could of done.

^ Makes be think blaze has been activated already...here we were hoping for the last match up to be a BLAZING one...

If blaze is activated now, then maybe infernape loses to electivire and torterra defeats electivire...

torterra looks like its about to be tossed by drapion while using rock climb...so torterra is beat up pretty bad huh? I was praying its not the fall guy this time...

If it does go up against Electivire, after Drapion, Torterra pulls off a massive overgrow :S Blazefernape chased by Overgrow Torterra!

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
If it does go up against Electivire, after Drapion, Torterra pulls off a massive overgrow :S Blazefernape chased by Overgrow Torterra!

I'd prefer torterra's overgrow over infernape's mastering 2 moves for 1 damn battle...

I really have a bad feeling about this you guys...I think infernape getting so much priority and wins, night actually mean Ash gives it to Paul, just so the writers don't have to bring it back next league...

torterra needed a win...if it does not get a win even in its last battle, then its seriously no good...be it with or without overgrow...

thunderblade12

I think so, TBH. Palmer is the Sinnoh equivalent of Brandon, right? We have no reason to believe Rhyperior was any weaker than Dusclops, Ninjask, or Solrock. Did anyone else miss how Rhyperior wasn't even standing and had trouble breathing at the end of the battle? Obviously tired

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
^True..Torterra is certainly a beast to take on Palmer as Grotle...Its always been strong even as Turtwig(it friggin tossed a Rampardos!). Maybe Drapion is just the one who takes it down after it wins over someone else on Paul's team. I hope thats the case anyway.

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
I'd prefer torterra's overgrow over infernape's mastering 2 moves for 1 damn battle...

I really have a bad feeling about this you guys...I think infernape getting so much priority and wins, night actually mean Ash gives it to Paul, just so the writers don't have to bring it back next league...

torterra needed a win...if it does not get a win even in its last battle, then its seriously no good...be it with or without overgrow...

Writers can't be bothered to be fair. The shaft other Pokemon for the thing too much. Three wins in a six on six battle is ridiculous. Two I can deal with, Aggron has a double type weakness, fine by me to give Infernape that. The likely Electivire win, it's the plot power battle, Elekid and Chimchar were raised for, roughly, the same time with Paul, so it switching to Ash and pulling ahead to win I can understand to show Paul he was wrong about Ash.

Ninjask? Give it to Gliscor, give it to Torterra give the plot-monkey some damn down time!If Torteraa doesn't get some sort of awesome win, then it will forever go down as Ash worst starter, or at least grass type>.<

I cross my fingers that Paul see Blaze come in, returns Ninjask and Infernape goes berserk with no Pokemon out, it ruins the field and they take a short break and the episode ends with them getting back up to restart.

Rant over...for now.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
so basically paul's ursuring and possibly Drapion are rediculious as well since they have/might take down 3 pokemon by themselves as well?

I stopped caring about who does what when they changed paul's team and brought Gliscor in, I don't care who beats who or who loses all I care about is the action and gore from the pokemon beating each other into peices mortal kombat style.

and of course if Infernape does bust out Blast Burn the all i've gotta say is "thank you writers it's about bloody time we see how it looks."

Status
Not open for further replies.