• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 189: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maganon

From Tv Navi

シンオウリーグ準決勝!ダークライ登場

Sinnoh League semifinals ! Darkrai appeared

The titile could change

Indragon

Back in the USSR
He might.

Bringing out the big guns early. Might be a viable tactic.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
So it's the semifinals? If the title says "Darkrai appears", that means Darkrai will appear in this episode. The LT should use more pokemon.

Silver_Seoul

I see it going something like Darkrai taking out a Pokemon or two, quite possibly three, then Ash sends in a Pokemon that gives it some trouble so Takuto recalls Darkrai, Ash defeats three or four of his Pokemon (spanning into the next episode, hopefully) then taking out Darkrai with both trainers down to two Pokemon each. Takuto prevails in the end.

Eh.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
If he does then Ash is screwed. It will most likely sweep two three Pokemon before going down just like what Gary's Blastoise did to Ash's team.

Yes, I was thinking of Gary's Blastoise, too. If Darkrai comes in early and rampages through Ash's first two/three Pokemon, it'll be hard to come back from that.

hunt

I will be surprised if Ash wins this now that it has been revealed as the semi-final match. This gives the writers the flexibility to knock Ash out the tournament but not have an 'evil' person win the whole thing. He will lose to some random trainer in the finals I assume.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Gut instinct says Ash will go to the finals and lose there.

But I don't see how an introduction of Darkrai as Ash's opponent and him winning can co-exist :/

I will be surprised if Ash wins this now that it has been revealed as the semi-final match. This gives the writers the flexibility to knock Ash out the tournament but not have an 'evil' person win the whole thing. He will lose to some random trainer in the finals I assume.

i would rather see Ash lose to Darkrai trainer than a random COTD. At this point I would only say one thing, 'Don't judge the book by the cover'. Maybe they will show this person as a nice guy to strengthen Ash's chances of getting a Dark type next saga.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Ash will lose here, you can be sure about that. The only question is if he will beat Darkrai or one of the LT's pokemon, or if the LT will use some of his other pokemon in this battle.

hunt

i would rather see Ash lose to Darkrai trainer than a random COTD. At this point I would only say one thing, 'Don't judge the book by the cover'. Maybe they will show this person as a nice guy to strengthen Ash's chances of getting a Dark type next saga.

That's what I'm saying. I feel they've thrown this Darkrai in so it keeps Ash from winning a league but still make it look like he has made a lot of progress as a trainer. Him not winning this league can forever be put down to 'well he was against a freaking Darkrai'. Losing to some randomer would feel cheap after his run this League. Personally.

Indragon said:
Why does the Darkrai trainer have to be evil again?

He just looks evil with that glare and evil smirk, but I guess when he's properly introduced he could be the complete opposite. I'd actually find it hilarious if he was this really camp trainer in reality haha.

Silver_Seoul

I just decided to pull a few predictions. The teams are, obviously, assumptions on my part.

Ash:
Heracross (Super-effective moves to counter Darkrai, in addition to flight which could help. Not sure how.)
Pikachu (Pikachu is usually used in the last battle of a region.)
Totodile (Hasn't battled)
Bayleef (See Above)
Glalie (Can play a fall-guy.)
Quilava (Didn't showcase two of its new moves, got a horribly rushed battle, and it'd be odd having two starters without the third.)

Takuto:
Darkrai
Cloyster
Houndoom
Cacturne
Lucario
Isshu Pokemon/Pseudo Legendary

Match Predictions:

Darkrai -VS- Quilava
Ash opens with his newly evolved Pokemon and orders an Eruption, kicking his Offense into overdrive, not wanting to be overwhelmed by the Legendary. Darkrai easily dodges and puts Quilava to sleep. Ash switches him out.

Darkrai -VS- Bayleef
(Bayleef was a major hitter in the Johto League so it can risk the loss.) Darkrai attempts to put Bayleef to sleep but Ash is able to counter just in time. Bayleef battles valiantly but falls immediately after dealing damage to Darkrai.

Darkrai -VS- Glalie
Glalie takes a major beating, hardly dealing damage at all before fainting. (Glalie won all three of his League matches before so he can handle the loss.)

Darkrai -VS- Heracross
Heracross is able to avoid getting put to sleep by flying out of range. His attacks deal major damage to Darkrai, so Takuto pulls him for another Pokemon.

Cacturne -VS- Heracross
Heracross takes out Cacturne fairly easily without taking a single hit.

Houndoom -VS- Heracross
Ash immediately recalls Heracross once Takuto sends out Houndoom.

Houndoom -VS- Totodile
Totodile pulls off an unbelievable victory that goes down in the record books. Or just beats Houndoom regularly. Your choice.

Cloyster -VS- Totodile
A water-Pokemon bout goes on for awhile, but Cloyster seems to have the advantage. Ash decides to recall Totodile after taking major damage.

Cloyster -VS- Pikachu
Pikachu has no trouble defeating the Cloyster that had taken damage from Totodile and Ash immediately recalls.

-Intermission-

Quilava -VS- Lucario
Quilava takes an Aura Sphere but awakens immediately. The two Pokemon have a long showdown, Lucario taking the advantage. A finishing blow is launched from both Pokemon and Lucario is stays up longer than Quilava, giving Takuto another win, leaving both trainers with three Pokemon.

Totodile -VS- Lucario
(Who wouldn't wanna see Totodile take out a Lucario?) After being severely damaged by Quilava, Lucario is taken down easily by Totodile.

Totodile -VS- Darkrai
Totodile doesn't last very long against the Legendary and is defeated without landing a single hit.

Pikachu -VS- Darkrai
Pikachu doesn't seem to be dealing any damage to Darkrai but is able to avoid being put to sleep by using his speed. Ash recalls him.

Heracross -VS- Darkrai
Heracross prevails in the end, taking down what was thought to be Takuto's strongest.

Heracross -VS- Fifth Gen Pkmn./PseudoLegend
Ash didn't count on Takuto's mystery Pokemon to be stronger than Darkrai as it is able to take Heracross out with ease.

Pikachu -VS- 5Th Gen Pkmn./PseudoLegend
Pikachu fights a brave battle but falls to the strong Pokemon, League closes and Ash and everyone go their seperate ways.

So that gives:

Quilava: No wins, two match-ups.
Bayleef: No wins, one match-up.
Glalie: No wins, one match-up.
Heracross: Two wins, Four match-ups. (Five if you choose to count Houndoom.)
Totodile: Two wins, Four match-ups.
Pikachu: One win, Three match-ups.

Last edited:

Danman

So does this mean Ash has beaten Paul or is this purely spec?
Also I think that if Ash is battling Darkrai that Pikachu will destroy it but he will lose.....no doubts there.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
This means Ash will battle Takuto at the semifinal then, so Ash probably will end up in top 4. Somehow I see this happening: Darkrai k.o all 5 of Ash's Pokemon, Heracross k.o Darkrai, Heracross is dead tired but Takuto still has 5 Pokemon, Takuto's next Pokemon k.o Heracross easily and Ash looses the match

Last edited:

NES

Flip me to the side!
I don't know if Darkrai trainer is evil, judging by his face i just think he is overconfident. We don't know anything about the guy!

I still hope for Ash to win and advance to the final, but now it seems harder to have the Darkrai trainer match in semifinals and then have Ash loose to some random, seems like Ash is going home with his hands empty (again).

My guess is the same as many have said, Darkrai sweeping half of Ash team, for some reason it will have to return and then Ash will comeback.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
That's what I'm saying. I feel they've thrown this Darkrai in so it keeps Ash from winning a league but still make it look like he has made a lot of progress as a trainer. Him not winning this league can forever be put down to 'well he was against a freaking Darkrai'. Losing to some randomer would feel cheap after his run this League. Personally.

Yeah, the Darkrai could well be just a "legitimate reason" excuse for Ash losing, without cheapening anything.

I'd actually find it hilarious if he was this really camp trainer in reality haha.

:D

Somehow I see this happening: Darkrai k.o all 5 of Ash's Pokemon, Heracross k.o Darkrai, Heracross is dead tired but Takuto still has 5 Pokemon, Takuto's next Pokemon k.o Heracross easily and Ash looses the match

That'd make for perhaps the most boring battle ever. You might as well just make Ash surrender before the battle or something if that's going to happen. At least the latter would be dramatic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.