• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 189: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the writers catered to Dawn instead of Ash. Way to go writers you made the co-star outshine the main character with cheap BS no doubt.

Silver_Seoul

Top Four is actually a big accomplishment. It means Ash surpassed three more people than the last two leagues. I'd be happy for this to be his Semi-Final match.

terminoob

The Underdog
Looks like the writers catered to Dawn instead of Ash. Way to go writers you made the co-star outshine the main character with cheap BS no doubt.

Ash has the entire span of the anime to go.

Dawn had four years.

How dare the writers make a character who won't be here ever again do better than someone that will!

Silver_Seoul

Dawn had four years.

How dare the writers make a character who won't be here ever again do better than someone that will!

What are you talking about? It's clearly obvious that Dawn is staying. :rolleyes:

Anyone wanna guess who I am? ^^

Dawn had four years.

I'm looking at it from an overall standpoint. Ash has been on the show for 13 years. Dawn has been on it for 4. He's using his best developed team, and using reserves. Yet the writers screw Ash out of the finals by making him battle a trainer with Legendary Pokemon in the semi's...while Dawn faced Jessie, essentially getting an easy win to the finals? Really?

Silver_Seoul

I'm looking at it from an overall standpoint. Ash has been on the show for 13 years. Dawn has been on it for 4. He's using his best developed team, and using reserves. Yet the writers screw Ash out of the finals by making him battle a trainer with Legendary Pokemon in the semi's...while Dawn faced Jessie, essentially getting an easy win to the finals? Really?

Yeah, and they have to stretch Ash's journey out as long as they can. Next season, I'd bet he places 2nd, losing in the finals. Next league he either places Top2 again or wins but declines challenging E4. Then he'll win but lose to the first E4 member. Cycle goes on.

Plus, Sinnoh has been rival-driven. Dawn battled three of her rivals in the GF, and they had to find a way to give Jessie a great send-off. They didn't do a very good job, though.

Uh... Um... Hold on... Can I phone a friend?!

Sorry sir, but you are the weakest link.

I mean yes.

terminoob

The Underdog

I rather have Ash be forced to overcome an almost impossible obstacle than potentially breeze through after Paul. Besides, if Takuto respects the fact that Ash either almost took down or did take down Darkrai [whichever happens], then he could be the one to tell Ash about Isshu, which would be an easy way to skip a Pallet Town episode, thereby devoting every episode following the league to departures/closures.

And as I said, Dawn was only on for four years. Even if they didn't have her face Jessie, she would've won that quickly anyway because the writers had to have Zoey and Dawn face each other in the finals, so that they not only fulfilled their promise to each other, but so that we also got a full fledged [kind of...] Grand Festival; I don't recall the Hoenn or Kanto ones showing the finals, or any round after May got beat for that matter [or if they did, then it was very short]. If contests aren't around in Isshu, then the writers let them go out with a bang.

But both of those are just my opinion and rather faulty inference [as well as remembering] skills, so eh.

Sorry sir, but you are the weakest link.

I mean yes.

Okay, hold on a mome-

Crap. Never mind, I forgot; I don't have any friends. Anyway, I'll go with D) Teshub. Final answer.

Last edited:

Darkxninga

-nods in agreement-
Well, thats the pokemon writers for you, using cheap stunts or having something make no sense.
Back to topic:
im really guessing Ash will lose this time to Darkrai and this legendary trainer. No way he could beat a legendary or two at the same time with the way hes going with his random rotations. I hope Ash makes it at like 2nd place or if he (somehow or super hacks) beats the LT he'll finally [after many years] be the champ (victor) of the sinnoh league.

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

Okay, hold on a mome-

Crap. Never mind, I forgot; I don't have any friends. Anyway, I'll go with D) Teshub. Final answer.

Normally I'd fail you for a lack of acquaintances but because you answered correctly you win a virus.

@raz-

It's generally accepted that Best Wishes will start September 23, but nothing is confirmed. It's just most likely. Meaning that, after DP189, there'd be three episodes left.

Well Ash and Dawn journey is centered along different viewers. Most of Ash's fan are people who have been watching since the start while most of Dawn's fan just started in DP. So writers gave the new comers some joy by making Dawn make it upto finals while they knew that those people who have been watching since the start won't give up on the show(since they are holding since the start) even if Ash loses in semi finals. Next time there are chances that the new coordinator will make upto finals or win the league(if there is filler saga then both).

uber gon

Accept Change
We knew Ash would be Paul a while ago. We had pictures of Heracross and Darkrai battling. Plus it's typical for the main character to beat their biggest rival(Which is Paul in this case).

Well there is a chance that Ash might beat this guy. And THEN lose horribly.:D

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Well Ash and Dawn journey is centered along different viewers. Most of Ash's fan are people who have been watching since the start while most of Dawn's fan just started in DP. So writers gave the new comers some joy by making Dawn make it upto finals while they knew that those people who have been watching since the start won't give up on the show(since they are holding since the start) even if Ash loses in semi finals. Next time there are chances that the new coordinator will make upto finals or win the league(if there is filler saga then both).

I'm not sure if Iris would become a new coordinator. But Ash will definitely do much better in the Isshu League than he have in Sinnoh. Ash's Heracross will be battling effectively against Darkrai. Even if Darkrai puts him into sleep then he'll use Sleep Talk to counter it just like he did against Nando in his first Sinnoh League duel.

thunderblade12

Unless there's another break, there are going to be three more episode in DP bringing the total to DP192. It's very unlikely, but they might have a double airing on September 16 so that DP can go out with a bang.

As for the comments earlier about which option we'd perfer, rhetorical or not, the obvious choice is option B. But what about this?

DP186:
- Tension before the fierce fighting
- The battle starts in like the last 10 minutes of the episode
- Episode ends with Gliscor vs Drapion

DP187:
- Full episode of battle
- No time is wasted on Team Rocket, them and other spectators just watch in amazement.
- Episode ends with Electivire vs Infernape

DP188:
- Ash defeats Paul right at the start of the episode
- Paul development
- Ash vs CoTD begins in the last 10 minutes of the episode

DP189:
- This battle is more or a farce. Ash is taking his semifinal down nearly as easily as Dawn took hers down in the Grand Festival.
- There really isn't much focus on this unimportant character. In fact, many of the battles are skipped almost completely just like the Ash vs Nando battle.
- The scene keeps jumping back and forth between the battle and Paul/Dawn/Barry/Brock's confrontation with Takuto.
- Ash defeats the CoTD with many pokemon still conscious
- Ash has a short confrontation with Takuto.
- Now the real meat of the episode. The last 10 minutes of the episode consists if - Takuto sweeping his semifinal opponent with Darkrai
- Finals begin. Ash and Takuto send their first pokemon but noi attacks are launched.

DP190:
- Ash vs Takuto
- Episode ends with Ash facing Darkrai

DP191:
- Ash's final few pokemon are polished off by Darkrai. 5 minutes into the episode
-Closing ceremony takes up about as much time as the opening ceremony (virtually none)
- Final sendoffs for Paul and Barry.
- Ash heads to a pokemon center to give his pokemon some well needed rest but they're surprised to find that there's no Nurse Joy.

DP192:
- Ash sees Takuto vs Cynthia on TV. Cynthia wins.
- Zoey is at this particular pokemon center. She discloses her next destination and reveals that Ursula and Nando are both headed there as well.
- Brock's Happiny evolves and he decides that he wants to stay at the pokemon center as it's pokemon healer with the hot, but incompetant, intern that Nurse Joy had working there before she left.
- Zoey butts in just one last time and tells Ash that he should head to Isshu and Dawn should travel with her.
- Dawn goes to Hoenn with Zoey.
- Ash makes a quick stop at home, but just long enough to run in, grab his new outfit, and run out.
-This episode would be very similar to the episode in Johto in which Misty left and they made it look like Brock was leaving.

Why are one episode battles suddenly considered rushed? And this comes from people that think Ash vs Gary, Ash vs Harrison, and the Hoenn League battles are the best battles in the series... Ash vs Gary started in Ep271 and ended in Ep272. Ash vs Harrison began in Ep272 (but no moves were even used until 273) and ended at the beginning of Ep274. You can pretty much say that it officially kicked off in Ep273 considering the situation. Ash vs Katie was very similar to Ash vs Harrison. "Starting" at the end of an episode but it actually ended at the very end of the following episode. Seriously, it's nothing new...

Grei

not the color
thunderblade, I have to say that once again I agree with your predictions. I want that to happen.

Actually, I kind of want Ash to win the League, but I know that's not likely. If Ash makes it to Top 2 I'll be overjoyed, but Top 4 is also an accomplishment for him so if it works like that then it's no biggie.

What are you talking about? It's clearly obvious that Dawn is staying. :rolleyes:

Hey don't make fun of him he's right Dawn's staying because he think so therefore Dawn is staying

Silver_Seoul

Hey don't make fun of him he's right Dawn's staying because he think so therefore Dawn is staying

I'd like to question your logic, sir. I challenge thee to a Rock-Paper-Scizor tournament.

And yes, Ash making Top4 is quite the accomplishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.