• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 189: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvie616

SoulSilver
If Ash Vs. Takuto IS the final we're all hoping for, I think he would need to bust out his biggest guns

confirmed is
Pikachu (?)
Heracross

I think we can all agree these are two of Ash's Strongest

I would bring in Charizard and Sceptile as well

so it would be

Pikachu
Heracross
Charizard
Sceptile

and then the other two spots could be filled with any of his other power players. My Recommendations include

Glalie
Snorlax
Infernape
Tauros
Gliscor
Kingler
Muk

Thoughts and critiques would be appreciated.

Sparklingwater

Okay, After reviewing all the titles of all the Final battles of all the previous leagues listed below, I can come to the following conclusion.

1) This is not the final episode for the sinnoh league. In all the final episode of the previous leagues, they all have words like "End, Final, and Last" in there title.

2) If this is not the final episode for the league, then there could only be two posible senario:

a) Ash vs LT in this episode. This battle will not be sweep. It will last for at least 2 episode because there will be at least 1 more episode for the sinnoh league.

b) LT will verse someone else and Ash will be watching. The battle should last no more than 10 mins, because they will need the other 10 mins to set some sort of rivalry/friendship with LT and Ash. This battle will determine how strong the LT is.

Regardless of whether it will be A or B, whenever Ash vs LT, it will bound to be an interesting battle.

Previous League's final episode:

Indigo League:
"Friends to the End" (Pokémon League! Final Battle!)
"Pokemon Rīgu! Saigo no Tatakai!" (ポケモンリーグ! さいごのたたかい!)

Orange League:
"Enter The Dragonite" (Final Battle! Kairyuu Appears!!)
"Fainaru Batoru! Kairyū Tōjō!!" (ファイナルバトル!カイリューとうじょう!!)

Johto League:
"Johto Photo Finish" (To the End of the Destiny Battle! Respective Way!)
"Furu Batoru no Hate ni! Sorezore no Michi!!" (フルバトルのはてに!それぞれのみち!!)

Hoen League:
"At the End of the Fray" (The Last Fierce Fighting! The Road to the Championship!!)
"Saigo no Gekitō! Yūshō e no Michi!!" (最後の激闘!優勝への道!!)

Battle Front Tier:
"Pace - The Final Frontier!" (Deciding Battle! VS Regice!!)
"Kessen! VS Rejiaisu!!" (決戦!VSレジアイス!!)

-------

With LT vs Ash, I believe the following pokemon will be the best fit for the battle.

Heracross

Attack: Sleep talk, Hyperbeam, Mega Horn, and Focus Punch.

Heracross can counter darkrai’s dark void with Sleep talk, and attach with x 2 super effective bug and fighting type move. Hyperbeam is just there to match it’s strength with darkrai’s Kamehameha in the images.

Snorlack

Attack: Snore, Icepunch, Focus Punch, and Body slam

A pokemon that love sleep. One might think that he’ll learn to snore or sleep talk by not to compensate for it sleeping some time in battle. Again, snore will counter sleep talk, and focus punch will do super effective damage.

Staraptor

Attack: Quick attack, Close combat, Brave bird, Steel wing.

It’s combine speed with quick attack will help it dodge a few dark void. Close combat will be able to do some super effect damage.

Inferape

Attack: Flarebiz, Flame Thrower, Much Punch, Sky uppercut

Again, it’s fighting move can do some major damage to Darkrai.

Pikachu

Attack: Volt tackle, Thunderbot, Iron Tail, Thunder.

The writers can boost pikachu’s level back to level 99999999999999999999 and have it kick some *** with power electric attack.

Chariard

Attack: Sesmic toss, Flame Thrower, Dragon Breath, Steel wing.

Sesmic toss will be deadly to darkrai because it’s weak against fighting type. Steel wing show be strong enough to use as a defensive move to block any of darkrai’s attack.

All these pokemon at designed to take on Darkrai, but because of the type and attach variety, they can also help take on the rest of LT’s other 5 pokemon as well.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Okay, After reviewing all the titles of all the Final battles of all the previous leagues listed below, I can come to the following conclusion.

1) This is not the final episode for the sinnoh league. In all the final episode of the previous leagues, they all have words like "End, Final, and Last" in there title.

2) If this is not the final episode for the league, then there could only be two posible senario:

a) Ash vs LT in this episode. This battle will not be sweep. It will last for at least 2 episode because there will be at least 1 more episode for the sinnoh league.

b) LT will verse someone else and Ash will be watching. The battle should last no more than 10 mins, because they will need the other 10 mins to set some sort of rivalry/friendship with LT and Ash. This battle will determine how strong the LT is.

Regardless of whether it will be A or B, whenever Ash vs LT, it will bound to be an interesting battle.

Indigo League:

Orange League:

Johto League:

Hoen League:
"At the End of the Fray" (The Last Fierce Fighting! The Road to the Championship!!)

Battle Front Tier:

That doesn't always mean that. It will probably end in Dp 190.

gangsta_pigs

Indigo League:

Orange League:

Johto League:

Hoen League:

Battle Front Tier:

I agree, i honestly think Ash might win this league, bulbapedia says Best wishes starts some after the end of satoshi's battles in the sinnoh league. The new series starts in fall, if im correct fall ends November 8th. besides its most likely the match will start in DP188, i doubt 3 full episodes would be devoted paul vs ash. if not then in DP189 sure it will focus on the semifinal but Ash will still begin the match with takuto in the finals in this episode. DP190 could conclude it. Lets assume if the whole episode is devoted to the match the match could be one episode, Ash and tyson was equal to one ep, technically cuz the last 8 minutes was talkin after tournament. Ash vs Cynthia could be a two parter. lets take into consideration the chance of one hour specials, sicne there taking a break august 19th. if it goes like that DP could end early october.

I know its farfetched

ijea4444

Bulbapedia sucks as a reliable source.

BW saga will start according to the Black and White game releases. Either the thursday right before or right after the games release date, so september.

That or they make a special on the date of the actual release.

Either way "fall" doesn't dictate anything, the new games do.

phantasystar69

I just wish people would shut up about the sinnoh pokemon not getting enough screen time/battle time in the league blah blah blah. So far only the pokemons for 3 battles is fully comfirmed.

1st Round - Staraptor was there and did above average.
3rdnd Round - Gible shine with 2 wins.
4th Round - 6 sinnoh pokemons will shine in 3 episodes.

They have all done great in the 3 rounds that was comfirmed. We don't even know what pokemon Ash will use in the Semi and in the Final if he does make it.

This sounds to me like ****en primary school. "Miss, it's not fair! He get to do this, she get to do that. I want it as well. Wah wah wah wah!!!!"

If Ash does win the league, I'm sure Inferape will play a major role.

Furthermore, we do not know what holds for in the future for these pokemon. The **** about Ash leaving all his pokemon behind and go to another region if ****en old now. If I was the writers or an executive at pokemon corporation, I wouldn't allow **** like that to happen again. It's going to be so ****en boring, and many of their fans will leave.

I understand your argument, but the same thing can be said about the people saying he needs to use his johto team

BM14murph

Master Collector
I'm still hoping for some Johto redemption as whenever this battle finally takes place it will be the last major significant battle of the series just like Ash vs Brandon and in that his Kanto Pokemon team shined (the ones that weren't released a la Pidgeot and Butterfree) and that generation saw the Kanto remake so it makes sense in this Generation where there is a Johto remake to showcase that team in the final battle

gliscor&yanmega

It's possible that Ash vs Takuto is in the finals and this episode is for the Semifinals, and that doesn't mean things will get rushed.

DP 189-Airs August 26th(Confirmed)-Semifinal matches. End of the episode Ash and Takuto send out their first Pokemon, Darkrai and whoever Ash will use.

DP 190-Can air September 2nd-Takuto vs Ash. Darkrai takes down a few of Ash's Pokemon quickly(Because it's very powerful). Then Ash takes down Darkrai with someone. Takuto's other Pokemon aren't even close to as strong as Darkrai was so one or two fall quickly. Episode ends with both Ash and Takuto left with one Pokemon.

DP 191-Can air September 9th- Battle is over in the first 3 mins of the episode, Ash loses. Rest of the episode is the closing of the league and saying bye to Dawn. Ash gets a message from Professor Oak that someone is here to see him. So he and Brock leave right after they say bye to Dawn.

DP 192-Can be a one hour long special and airs on September 16th-Ash and Brock get to Oak's lab, where there is a Helicopter/Plane there. Misty's there, Ash's mother is there, Tracey is there too. Ash goes see his Pokemon. Oak tells Ash that Professor Araragi from Isshu is here to see him. She comes out with a Chillarmy, and tells Ash about Isshu and how he should go there. He decides to go and takes off. The hour long episode can end with Ash and Araragi in her lab, with the three starters shown.

I would say that's a good way to have this episode not be Ash vs Takuto, and still let there match be not "rushed". I'm sure there will be people who will complain about it all the way threw saying "Oh it was rushed. All of Ash's Pokemon didn't get to shine. I hate this show but I still watch it after 13 years. Blah blah blah". But considering there has been rushing already(Even though I don't see it in that way), who's to say it wont happen with the match?

We know Darkrai is going to be tough, and it probably will take down at less two of Ash's Pokemon(But still do better then any other Pokemon that faced it). And seeing as how Takuto has been using only Darkrai, it comes off as him relaying only on Darkrai which would mean his other Pokemon are much weaker then it(But still strong).

Blue3Mayfield

I'am back but here's my toughts
DP188
*Ash beats Paul
*Ash Chairzard & Squrtile returns
*Ash recalls Bulbasuar

DP189
* Ash Decided To Use All Of His Starter Pokemon. (Bulbasuar, Squrtile, Chairzard, Crocanaw & Bayleef) & Herecross against The LT Trainner
* Ash's Bulbasuar Evolve Into Ivysaur
* Ash's Squrtile Evolves Into Wartrutle
* Ash's Totidle Evolves Into Crocanaw
Ivysaur Vs.Entei (Entei Wins)
Wartrutle Vs. Entei (Wartrutle Wins)
Bayleef Vs. Houndoom (Tie)
Crocanaw Vs. Lucario (Lucario Wins)
Chairzard Vs. Lucario

DP190
Chairzard Vs.Lucario (Chairzard Wins)
Herecross Vs.Darkrai (Tie)
Chairzard Vs. Amphoros (Chairzard Wins)
Chairzard Vs. Jarachi (Chairzard Wins)
* Ash's Pidgeot and Butterfree Returns
* Ash Recalls Sceptile

DP191 - Infernape, Buizel and Gaile Vs. The Isshu Starter Pokemon Trainer
* Ash Busile Vs. Tussaja (Tussaja Wins)
* Ash inferernape vs. Pokabu (Pokabu Wins)
* Ash Galie vs. Mamijarii (Tie)
* Ash Pidgeot vs. Reshiram

DP192 - Ash Vs. the Isshu Legend's Of Doom
* Ash Pidgeot vs. Reshiram (Trainer Recalls)
* Ash Pidgeot vs. Zekrom (Zekrom Wins using Destiny Bond)
* Ash Butterfree vs. Zekrom (Zekrom Wins)
* Ash Torkal vs. Zekrom (Zekrom Wins)
* Ash Pidgeot vs. Zekrom (Pidgeot Wins)

DP193
* Ash Pidgeot vs. Reshiram (Reshiram Wins)

or

DP191
*Ash's Infernape Vs. Ho-Oh (Ho-Oh Wins)
*Ash's Torterra Vs. Lugia (Tie)
*Ash's Sceptile Vs. Dialga (Dialga Wins)
*Ash's Pidgeot Vs. Dialga (Tie)

DP192
*Ash's Chairzard Vs. Ho-Oh (Chairzard Wins With Destiny Bond)
*Ash's Chairzard Vs. Lugia (Chairzard Wins)
*Ash's Chairzard Vs. Dialga (Chairzard Wins)
*Ash's Chairzard Vs. Palika (Chairzard Wins)

DP193
*Ash's Muk Vs. Garitina (Tie)
*Ash's Chairzard Vs. Vincti (Vincti Wins)

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

DP189
* Ash Decided To Use All Of His Starter Pokemon. (Bulbasuar, Squrtile, Chairzard & Bayleef) & Herecross against The LT Trainner
Chairzard Vs. Lucario

DP190
* Ash Recalls Sceptile

DP193

or

DP191

DP192

DP193

If this all happens I'll never watch Pokemon again...

Seriously, what's with all the legendary battles?

If you think that's going to happen it wont(Unless the writers are on something).

If you want that to happen...I have no idea why.

brsfgw

well in the opening for the sinnoh league, they showed DARKRAI VS BUZEL!!!!!!! maybe ash will have buzel vs darkrai, along with buizel evolving into flaotzel, making ash win.

gliscor&yanmega

I honestly just want to see if Ash can take down Darkrai.

I'm pretty sure he will. Darkrai has been built up as this super powerful Pokemon that can't be beat. Would the writers really keep it that way? I say Ash loses the match but still defeats Darkrai. Anything else happens then I will be rather shocked.

well in the opening for the sinnoh league, they showed DARKRAI VS BUZEL!!!!!!! maybe ash will have buzel vs darkrai, along with buizel evolving into flaotzel, making ash win.

Openings never show future battles(From what I'm aware of).

Buizel probably wont evolve any time soon.

Ash defeating Darkrai doesn't mean he wins the match. Darkrai will most likely be Takuto's first Pokemon to be called out, he could recall it but he doesn't come off as the type to recall Pokemon.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I'm pretty sure he will. Darkrai has been built up as this super powerful Pokemon that can't be beat. Would the writers really keep it that way? I say Ash loses the match but still defeats Darkrai. Anything else happens then I will be rather shocked.

They might make him lose to Darkrai simply because it isn't a common pokemon. I mean, what would it look like if he takes down Darkrai and loses the match to a Gallade or something? It wouldn't make much sense that he's able to take down a legendary but not a common pokemon, so he might just lose to Darkrai. But who know what direction the writers could take this battle, should be interesting.

gliscor&yanmega

They might make him lose to Darkrai simply because it isn't a common pokemon. I mean, what would it look like if he takes down Darkrai and loses the match to a Gallade or something? It wouldn't make much sense that he's able to take down a legendary but not a common pokemon, so he might just lose to Darkrai. But who know what direction the writers could take this battle, should be interesting.

Well just because him taking down Darkrai doesn't mean he can't lose still.

Darkrai will probably take out at less 2 of Ash's Pokemon, and make the third Pokemon that defeats it really weak. And who knows, all of Ash's Pokemon could battle Darkrai and all of them could get weaken by it. Then Takuto's other Pokemon(Who obviously wont be as strong as Darkrai but still very strong) will have enough power to knock the rest out.

It makes sense, in my opinion.

terminoob

The Underdog
DP188
*Ash beats Paul
*Ash Chairzard & Squrtile returns
*Ash recalls Bulbasuar

DP189
* Ash Decided To Use All Of His Starter Pokemon. (Bulbasuar, Squrtile, Chairzard, Crocanaw & Bayleef) & Herecross against The LT Trainner
Chairzard Vs. Lucario

DP190
* Ash Recalls Sceptile

DP193

or

DP191

DP192

DP193

...Please tell me you're kidding. Ash has a better chance at beating the Elite Four than that happening.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'm a firm believer that Darkrai will go down after dominating the first part of the battle... Ash will then gain a few wins back and the last stand will be between Pikachu/Infernape and something like Lucario.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm a firm believer that Darkrai will go down after dominating the first part of the battle... Ash will then gain a few wins back and the last stand will be between Pikachu/Infernape and something like Lucario.

Its highly unlikely to see any Sinnoh Pokemon or Pikachu used again. They'll be too tired.

gpt11

Exactly what im thinking aswel!

Why else would they give Heracross (which I think will be the one to take it down) Sleep Talk and Focus Punch? Not to mention Noctowl if used may have the Ability Insomnia and its own Hypnosis attack to counter Dark Void. Also I see Snorlax using/learning Snore! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.