• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 189: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
But they're special Poffins.

How special? I want to buy twenty of them to catch Arceus and then to find out my dream was crushed along with life by Arceus.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

I saw an interesting point in here, that this might not be Ash vs Takuto but just Takuto vs the trainer in the semifinal match. Although it seems a little far-fetched but who knows, until we get a summary and/or pics we don't know anything other Takuto is facing someone with his Darkrai.

If it is Ash vs Takuto, then I'm calling a tie, and because of the tie they each pick one other Pokemon that they didn't use in the battle and battle with those. That way all of Ash's Pokemon get to fight(Other then the ones that aren't suppose to).

If it's not Ash vs Takuto then this will be one episode and then next episode will be Ash vs his semifinal trainer and he can use the last six Pokemon here. If the writers make it a full episode of battling then it can be done in a reasonable amount of time, in my opinion. And this way when Ash faces Takuto he can use six other Pokemon, we know Heracross is confirmed, he could use his Johto team, or a mix of all four teams with his most powerful Pokemons being used(Not including Charizard, Sceptile and all of the ones that aren't suppose to be in here).

And when Ash and Takuto do battle I see Takuto's team being the following:

Darkrai-Have no choice in the matter, it's been confirmed.

Bronzong-Thing needs another battle.

Porygon Z-Have a nice jaw dropping moment for the viewers.

Shedinja-Could use a good battle, could cause some problems with Ash if he doesn't have the right moves.

Cloyster-A good battle wont hurt it, plus I find it suits the guy's look.

Magcargo-Again another Pokemon that could use a good battle.

And if they tie then Takuto can use a 5th gen Pokemon(I don't know which one)

Last edited:

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Well done... and it's a ghost. Just like Pikachu is a mouse.

Pikachu's actually classifies as an "Electric Mouse" Pokemon. Darkrai's classifies as the Pitch-Black Pokemon. I don't see how that has anything to do with it being a supernatural being.

Incidentally, what do you think would happen if the battle ends in a tie?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Pikachu's actually classifies as an "Electric Mouse" Pokemon. Darkrai's classifies as the Pitch-Black Pokemon. I don't see how that has anything to do with it being a supernatural being.

I will say DAMN YOU WRITERS THEN GO ON A BIG RANT CAMPAIGN BECAUSE ASH TIED AND MIGHT WIN.

Lee-san

Limbo Messiah
Great, this being the semifinals confirms Ash losing..

1. A battle against a legendary is the definite climax, how would they top that in the final?
2. There's just too few episodes left to fit in the final.

terminoob

The Underdog

A) A game of tic-tac-toe.
B) The viewers call in to vote for the winner. Like American Idol.
C) The last two Pokemon standing fight again.
D) They're both declared losers and are laughed at.

Choose your favorite.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

Choose your favorite.

Can I choose E. All of the above?

Indragon

Back in the USSR

Choose your favorite.

WHERE'S THE ROCK, PAPER, SCIZOR TIEBREAKER OPTION, YO?

Option C's too generic. Any of the others would do.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
WHERE'S THE ROCK, PAPER, SCIZOR TIEBREAKER OPTION, YO?

Option C's too generic. Any of the others would do.

Too Generic??????????????? Yeah you are right. I also think they should play Poker to decide as well.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm pretty sure a tie would result in a one on one battle. Which is perfect for Ash since all of his Pokemon can be used at less once in that case.

PePer

Still title sounds strange, shouldn't it be Satoshi vs "Darkrai"? Aren't writers making fools of us? Ok never mind...

Too bad, but Top 4 isn't that bad =D, still I feel that he Ash should get at least to the finals and lose there, aff, also I hope he won't get sweeped lol.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Oh yeah, totally. It's not like kids watch this show. Or even if they did, they could replace Poker with high stakes Go Fish.

Or even better than high stakes Go Fish would be War with Cynthia to make Ash the Champion of Sinnoh right?

gliscor&yanmega

Still title sounds strange, shouldn't it be Satoshi vs "Darkrai"? Aren't writers making fools of us? Ok never mind...

Too bad, but Top 4 isn't that bad =D, still I feel that he Ash should get at least to the finals and lose there, aff, also I hope he won't get sweeped lol.

We don't know for sure if Ash will be battling Takuto just yet(In the semifinals). We just have to wait and see.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Oh yeah, totally. It's not like kids watch this show. Or even if they did, they could replace Poker with high stakes Go Fish.

Decent alternative. Just like jousting.

Or even better than high stakes Go Fish would be War with Cynthia to make Ash the Champion of Sinnoh right?

We have acceptance from everyone who matters =P You listenin', writers?

terminoob

The Underdog

Yeah, but because Cynthia's unbeatable all her cards automatically turn into Aces.

Then Ash calls Charizard to torch her cards.

And he still loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.