• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 189: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

terminoob

The Underdog
If Ash isn't facing Takuto here wouldn't the first episode in which we saw DRai be called "Darkrai appears" though? I think this is Ash vs. Takuto.

Darkrai appeared in the first round of the Sinnoh league. Which was dedicated mostly to Ash vs. Nando, which wouldn't make sense to re-name [though if they did it probably would've been like "Sinnoh League First Round! The Legendary Pokemon Appears!" or something to that effect]. If the episode is Takuto vs. Random Trainer, I'm guessing what they mean by "Darkrai appears" is that we get to see it in an actual battle or something, because we've never seen it battle.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
During this episode? Just have Takuto beat the crap out of his opponent in the beginning of the episode, then cut to the middle of the battle between Ash and his opponent [where Ash will have like two Pokemon left while his opponent has three].

I doubt they'd actually have the semi-final underplayed like that.

They could make this whole episode about the semifinal battles, where Takuto wins his with just Darkrai and that can take like 5 mins out of the 20 so mins we have.

Then the other 15 can be Ash vs some random person and his Pokemon get battle time, and thus all of Ash Pokemon have been used.

I still dunno. Seems too short for a supposedly epic semi-final. 15 minutes for a 6-on-6? Tut tut. It's not confirmed, but I think Ash v. Darkrai in the semis is just a tad bit more logical.

terminoob

The Underdog
I doubt they'd actually have the semi-final underplayed like that.

Eh, happened in the GF to Dawn, so I could see the writers jipping Ash out of a proper semi-final match. The only reason I'd even support that is if Ash's KO'd Pokemon were already used and the ones he still has were ones we haven't seen in battle yet, just so they can get screen time. But I'm fine either way.

gliscor&yanmega

I still dunno. Seems too short for a supposedly epic semi-final. 15 minutes for a 6-on-6? Tut tut. It's not confirmed, but I think Ash v. Darkrai in the semis is just a tad bit more logical.

It's not short when it's a random trainer.

The Semifinals can be used to hype both Ash and Takuto.

Hype Takuto by having Darkrai defeat all of the random trainer's Pokemon.

Hype Ash by either having no Pokemon lose or have 2-3 Pokemon left standing.

It's a build up for the finals between the two hyped up trainers.

I find it more interesting personaly.

Although if Ash and Takuto do battle in the semifinals then I expect a tie, and with that they each use one other Pokemon. The writers should show all of Ash's Pokemon battling in one way or another(even if it's like Snorlax's battle).

hi please ash trade after battle darkrai for pikachu?

WarriorX

I hope Ash doesn't lose in semifinal, but it's what I see happening. I expect the battle to go something like this: Ash beats Takuto's first four pokemon, recalling when he beats one. Then Darkrai comes and takes out 4 of Ash's (the ones that already got wins). Then Heracross KOs Darkrai. Then Takuto's last KOs Heracross and Ash's last.

terminoob

The Underdog
I hope Ash doesn't lose in semifinal, but it's what I see happening. I expect the battle to go something like this: Ash beats Takuto's first four pokemon, recalling when he beats one. Then Darkrai comes and takes out 4 of Ash's (the ones that already got wins). Then Heracross KOs Darkrai. Then Takuto's last KOs Heracross and Ash's last.

If Takuto did indeed breeze through Sinnoh with only Darkrai, then it'd be stupid for him not to just start out with it right off the bat. Why waste his other Pokemon when he could just potentially sweep?

Well so much for Dawn, and Ash going out like equals. The writers seem to be treating Ash unfairly compared to Dawn in their respective leagues. Making him battling a Legendary to keep him out of the finals is CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP.

Lunanight

ok, when did the LT get a name. I do not want to sound supicious but confirmation on the name would be nice as this is the first time I have even heard the name.

secondly: what happened to the heatran, does the LT own it.

on-topic: I think the semi will NOT be skipped as if this was the finals, the title would be something like: sinnoh league finals, darkrai appears. ash will most likely lose, this is my prediction.

kanto: top 16
johto: top 8
hoenn: top 8
sinnoh: top 4
isshu: wins the league but loses to the elite 4 / isshu champion

Last edited:

terminoob

The Underdog
ok, when did the LT get a name. seriously, not to sound supisious but confirmation on the name would be ok.

on-topic: I think the semi will NOT be skipped as if this was the finals, the title would be something like: sinnoh league finals, darkrai appears

First: Conway said it.
Second: Heatran Man didn't make it into the Top 64.

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
Sorry I don't think directors using LT vs Ash
without us seeing LTs full power. It had to be the finals
I doubt they let a Random trainer vs LT in the final for a easy win

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Okay this is what I see happening this is the semis in which ash battles some random person and LT battles some random trainer and my reasoning is this:

One most of ash's unseen pokes will battle because ash's sinnoh pokes need a break after the paul battle. Two we finally get to see darkrai in action and plus they wouldn't hype up this battle between ash and LT just for the semis I see them fighting in the finals.

Two you guys got to remember that ash has never actually seen darkrai he has only heard about it so it would make more sense to show ash watching the match with LT versus the random trainer so ash can have some kind of statagy on how to beat darkrai.

Anyway I see him and ash fighting in the finals with ash bringing back his best pokes(charizard, sceptile, swellow, heracross, pikachu, and corphish) and i don't see a sweep cuz remember ash has beaten two legendary pokes with only one poke each being pikachu and charizard so he can again. I predict an awesome fight and i can't wait for it!!!!

gliscor&yanmega

ok, when did the LT get a name. I do not want to sound supicious but confirmation on the name would be nice as this is the first time I have even heard the name.

on-topic: I think the semi will NOT be skipped as if this was the finals, the title would be something like: sinnoh league finals, darkrai appears. ash will most likely lose, this is my prediction.

kanto: top 16
johto: top 8
hoenn: top 8
sinnoh: top 4
isshu: wins the league but loses to the elite 4 / isshu champion

Conway said it in DP 184(I think) apparently. Takuto is his name.

The Heatran...no idea. The writers may have used it to throw us offgurad or they might have changed their minds. Heatran hasn't shown up again and probably wont.

The semifinals aren't being skipped since this epsiode is in the semifinals.(I may not understand what you mean though).

I say Ash should just get to Top 2 here and win next league, thus starting a new thing for Ash being battling the elite four and trying to make it to beat the champion. Which means he has to lose for the Isshu league.

uber gon

Accept Change
So I guess this confirms Ash beats Paul. I guess that's something.

gliscor&yanmega

So I guess this confirms Ash beats Paul. I guess that's something.

We knew Ash would be Paul a while ago. We had pictures of Heracross and Darkrai battling. Plus it's typical for the main character to beat their biggest rival(Which is Paul in this case).

BlueDragonfangirl

Well so much for Dawn, and Ash going out like equals. The writers seem to be treating Ash unfairly compared to Dawn in their respective leagues. Making him battling a Legendary to keep him out of the finals is CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP.

Well the thing is, Dawn's gonna leave and Ash will be with the series for along time. He's gonna slowly move up and improve himself, I'm hopping Ash defeats a few of his Pokemon at least, than I'd be fine. At least he isn't in the top 8. I think the reason people were thinking Ash might loose to Paul is cuz Dawn lost to Zoey, but I knew all along Ash would win, cuz there rivalry was way different than Dawn and Zoey's. I'm sooo glad, this confirms Ash wins against Paul, now I really can't wait for that battle ^^

World Turtle

Unless the title or summary says "Ash vs. Takuto/Darkrai Trainer" then I don't think Ash will be facing him here. Since we know nothing about him this could be his introduction episode. Since they skipped all but the ending of Ash's Top 32 match (that was the one with Snorlax flattening a Grumpig) they could do the same for his Top 4 match.

I could see the episode going like this.
We see the ending of Ash's Top 4 Match: Ash vs. COTD, Ash wins.
Afterwards Ash and Co. meet Takuto (and possibly Darkrai) we get some background on him.
Later Takuto has his own Top 4 Match and brings out Darkrai. Takuto wins.
Episode ends with the latch match up being shown: Ash vs. Takuto.

Last edited:

zeno48

Zaker!
So this is where it all ends huh? Sad to see Ash lose and having to wait 4 years to see how far he gets. I'm actually looking forward to this battle more than anything.

TheNewGuy

I think the episode title being "Darkrai appears!" might be important. It's not something like "vs. Darkrai!" - Darkrai might make an appearance under the trainer's command and get hyped up.

That said it's hard to see the semi-finals getting such harsh treatment. But then it's hard to see Ash going out on an inferior footing to Dawn. So hmm, difficult one. Logic seems to dictate that he'll lose to this DT (Takuto, is it?) in the semi-finals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.