• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 189: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

HokkaidoMaster

Ok none of us know exactly when best wishes will start so there is a good chance that Ash verses Takuto will be the finals cuz this episode title does not indicate a battle or not just says darkrai will appear so it could just be ash and takuto battling the two remaining people in the league plus its ash's first time seeing darkrai they would make him battle without ash at least seeing him in action.

I'm glad that no one taught you how to use a period.

Anyway, you are right. It doesn't necessarily reveal anything about a battle. For 8 pages now, we've been making predictions, but it could be Ash vs. Random Trainer and he's watching Darkrai pound some other trainer. It could be Ash's heads-up for the finals. Or it could just be LT vs. Ash. I don't know.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Am I the only person who thinks it's possible that the Darkrai is a Zoroark? Yes? No?

Why would Darkrai be Zoroark?And even if it were...is Zoroark really that powerful that can take down opponents in one hit?

Ray the Ruler

Well seeing the title involving Darkrai, I was rather disappointed to know that Ash was doomed to a semi loss. But now that the point has been brought up that for every important match it stated who was battling and the semi-final is not called Ash vs Darkrai. This is a valid point and very well could mean Ash will defeat a regular for his semi victory and we'll get to see if Takuto will clobber his opponent with just Darkrai or will actually use other pokemon. I'm gonna hope the Ash vs Takuto match will be held off to the Final where Ash can finally win but if Ash ends with a Top 4 I'd still be fine with it.

Best Wishes could easily be held off to October so I wouldn't call time as a serious issue at this point. And also Ash cannot challenge the Sinnoh Elite 4, he's from Kanto not Sinnoh though as a reward he might get a free exhibition match with Cynthia but I could see the show cutting it off due to time issues.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Well. I may not know the rest of the pokemon that Takuto will use, but he'll definitely use Darkrai. But I understand that Ash will use his Heracross against him. If Takuto is a nice and mature guy, then I don't mind if he beat Ash in the semifinals and have him in the Top 4. But if Takuto happened to be evil, then I hope that Ash will defeat him and make it in the final round. You see, Ash have improved a lot since his Kanto days. I'm glad that Ash met all of the Sinnoh Elite Four and its Champion in Cynthia. Its true that Ash battled some members of the Elite Four and lost like Agatha,Prima,Drake,Bertha,and Flint. But these experiences helps him get through the tight spots. I like Ash a lot and even battled some of the Elite Four members. But he's not ready to take down all of the Elite Four. But if he manage to defeat the Elite Four, then he'll face Cynthia.

STICKTOPIA

So it's Ash vs LT. Great! If Ash wins then he has to win the league but I'm not too sure about that happening.

BurningAsh

190 Darkrai defeated and half of dark horse battle
191 Battle ends and the trio leave
192 Ash and Dawn enter contest
Appeal round
Ash - Pikachu & Gible
Dawn-Piplup & Cyndaquil
Torterra, Staraptor vs Mamoswine, Togekiss. Tie.
193 Dawn and Brock leave Ash reaches home and heads to Isshu in new costumes
30th September - Best wishes starts.

BurningAsh

Option B.
But I wish the LT let's ash win if he defeats the darkrai...
Atleast Ash won Paul. That's the only thing that mattered for this league.

How about this?
Appeal round
Ash - Pikachu & Gible
Dawn-Piplup & Cyndaquil

BurningAsh

Option B.
But I wish the LT let's ash win if he defeats the darkrai...
Atleast Ash won Paul. That's the only thing that mattered for this league.

How about this?
Appeal round
Ash - Pikachu & Gible
Dawn-Piplup & Cyndaquil

TheNewGuy

Exactly - there's still time for not everything to be rushed. It depends if something else happens in the third Paul ep. Like Ash starts his semi-final, while the DT starts his, or something. Who knows.

Armored Zangoose

I think most realistic way to have a fair battle and Ash's best chance against the LT would be if they did something similiar to the battle against Drake's Dragonite, with Ash having most of his team when just Drkrai is left. Except I still think Ash will lose. Therefore, I think Ash will repeatedly switch Pokemon throughout the battle, before having to face Darkrai with atleast half his team left, and still lose.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Am I the only person who thinks it's possible that the Darkrai is a Zoroark? Yes? No?

You're not the only one, but it still remains to be far too random. If it was Zoroark, which I doubt, then Takuto would still have Darkrai on his team. That's just how it's ability works.

I'm glad that no one taught you how to use a period.

Anyway, you are right. It doesn't necessarily reveal anything about a battle. For 8 pages now, we've been making predictions, but it could be Ash vs. Random Trainer and he's watching Darkrai pound some other trainer. It could be Ash's heads-up for the finals. Or it could just be LT vs. Ash. I don't know.

Ow come on! He just missed about 21 comma's... nothing to bark at ;) And lol, he's wrong it does reveal something about the battle:

1) Semifinals: D'Oh!
2) Darkrai: D'Oh!
3) Ash, Takuto, Falknerwannabee or very boring COTD, and Mirawannabee or Poppedcollar COTD will fight in this round xD Not so much D'Oh! xD

Top four imo: Ash, Takuto, Falkner wannabee, Mira wannabee, or the other, these two are close in design... Ash has yet to fight a girl in this tournament. I find that odd. Falkner wannabee is just so much better in design so he's definitely staying. So if this episode will just show the semifinals, I'm betting that the semifinals will be:

Ash vs. Mira (look a like)
Takuto vs. Falkner (look a like)

If they aren't Ash vs. Takuto and Falkner vs. Mira.

I think it may be because Darkrai is a popular Pokemon.

Damn straight it is! xD

I'm still wondering if they picked the pokemon before they decided on what kind of trainer would own it. I mean if they picked the pokemon first then they could've just let the trainer win. Sounds confusing, I know, but if they drew up the trainer first they would've started with his style. Dark, light, what kind of trainer. If they chose him to be evil'ish they might have always intended him to lose. If they just picked the most popular legendary, then it could just be that they matched the trainer to the pokemon, and the outcome would be arbitrary.

That's why I think that if Ash wins this it could've been expected then that if the trainer had a Entei or Raikou instead of Darkrai then Ash would've still won. This because the kind of pokemon (light/dark) that it was always the intention of the writers to let Ash win this.

Oh, and I'm going to fangasm if this Takuto has the aforementioned and Lucario! Along with Grovyle or something (not Sceptile) and that his reason for coming to Sinnoh was the appearance of Suicune there.. (it appeared in the Drifloon episode).

gangsta_pigs

Well seeing the title involving Darkrai, I was rather disappointed to know that Ash was doomed to a semi loss. But now that the point has been brought up that for every important match it stated who was battling and the semi-final is not called Ash vs Darkrai. This is a valid point and very well could mean Ash will defeat a regular for his semi victory and we'll get to see if Takuto will clobber his opponent with just Darkrai or will actually use other pokemon. I'm gonna hope the Ash vs Takuto match will be held off to the Final where Ash can finally win but if Ash ends with a Top 4 I'd still be fine with it.

Best Wishes could easily be held off to October so I wouldn't call time as a serious issue at this point. And also Ash cannot challenge the Sinnoh Elite 4, he's from Kanto not Sinnoh though as a reward he might get a free exhibition match with Cynthia but I could see the show cutting it off due to time issues.

So what if hes from kanto? I doubt u could only challenge elite 4's from ur region the rest of ur life. Where did u hear that he could only challenge the kanto elite 4.

Also they said best wishes start in fall, not beggining of september, bulbanews says diamond and pearl is expected to end this fall so thats from september to november. Dont forget that this is the first league the champion is watching, plus the fact that all that filler had to have built up to something worthwhile like winning, has anyone ever thought brock leaves the group cuz Ash doesnt need his help anymore after maybe winning the league?

Eevee7ways

Sonica Boooom!
I'd like takuto to win against ash, but with a good battle, and then we see takuto lose in the finals against the heatran guy from dp 182.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I'm with the people who are saying this isn't Ash's battle with Takuto. Typical battles would have either Satoshi vs. Takuto or Heracross vs Darkrai or something like that.

I have two ideas.

First: These are the Semi-Finals. We only see partial battles for all trainers left (thereby pissing off the fandom, but work with me for a sec). Ash beats somebody, and Takuto beats the other one. They finally meet, and Darkrai is out of its Pokeball. They speak, and the episode ends with the two of them on the battlefield ready to throw their first Pokeballs. For more time the Semi-Finals can start in DP 188 because hopefully Infernape vs. Electivire won't take the whole episode.

Second: This IS Ash's battle with Takuto, which already started in DP 188 (see just above). I'm not going to guestimate who battles whom (except that we already know Heracross fights Darkrai) here, but at the very end of the episode Takuto sends out Darkrai. The battle continues to 189.

MewAura

I agree with most in that Ash will face off against LT in this and the next episode.

This is more of a wish rather than a thought. I think he will prepare for the worst with this battle and go in with his powerhouses.

I "wish" Ash would use;

Pikachu (duh)
Bulbasaur (strongest grass)
Squirtle (strongest water)
Charizard (strongest fire)
Heracross (already been verified?)
Glalie (nice intangible)

I think that Darkrai will take out the first 3 of Ash's Pokemon. And when the second half starts, Pikachu will take Darkrai out. I'm not too sure about Darkrai taking out 3, but I'm pretty sure Pikachu will take him out. Pikachu hasn't had one of those moments in this league yet. And it normally comes in his final match. I do wish that this was the final of the tournament though.

By the way, if I'm totally off, don't yell at me. I refuse to read through all of these pages of posts.

Top four imo: Ash, Takuto, Falkner wannabee, Mira wannabee, or the other, these two are close in design... Ash has yet to fight a girl in this tournament. I find that odd. Falkner wannabee is just so much better in design so he's definitely staying. So if this episode will just show the semifinals, I'm betting that the semifinals will be:

Ash vs. Mira (look a like)
Takuto vs. Falkner (look a like)

this is what i am hoping for, as the episode title is pretty vauge, that way the rest of ash's pokemon from the opening get to be shown in battle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.