• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 189: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Till now Ash's only heard of Takuto, but maybe he'll see Takuto battle for the first time and then plan his strategy...So in that case, he really might face Takuto in the finals...

This I agree with. It doesn't say Ash is facing him this round in the episode title, usually it does. So I have reason to think that he'll face him in DP190 or later.

Sparklingwater

I just wish people would shut up about the sinnoh pokemon not getting enough screen time/battle time in the league blah blah blah. So far only the pokemons for 3 battles is fully comfirmed.

1st Round - Staraptor was there and did above average.
3rdnd Round - Gible shine with 2 wins.
4th Round - 6 sinnoh pokemons will shine in 3 episodes.

They have all done great in the 3 rounds that was comfirmed. We don't even know what pokemon Ash will use in the Semi and in the Final if he does make it.

This sounds to me like ****en primary school. "Miss, it's not fair! He get to do this, she get to do that. I want it as well. Wah wah wah wah!!!!"

If Ash does win the league, I'm sure Inferape will play a major role.

Furthermore, we do not know what holds for in the future for these pokemon. The **** about Ash leaving all his pokemon behind and go to another region if ****en old now. If I was the writers or an executive at pokemon corporation, I wouldn't allow **** like that to happen again. It's going to be so ****en boring, and many of their fans will leave.

gliscor&yanmega

I just wish people would shut up about the sinnoh pokemon not getting enough screen time/battle time in the league blah blah blah. So far only the pokemons for 3 battles is fully comfirmed.

They have all done great in the 3 rounds that was comfirmed. We don't even know what pokemon Ash will use in the Semi and in the Final if he does make it.

This sounds to me like ****en primary school. "Miss, it's not fair! He get to do this, she get to do that. I want it as well. Wah wah wah wah!!!!"

Furthermore, we do not know what holds for in the future for these pokemon. The **** about Ash leaving all his pokemon behind and go to another region if ****en old now. If I was the writers or an executive at pokemon corporation, I wouldn't allow **** like that to happen again. It's going to be so ****en boring, and many of their fans will leave.

I agree mostly with what was said here. People seriously have to stop their complaining about certain Pokemon not getting battles or enough battles. Complaining isn't going to make the writers change their minds.

If Ash's old Pokemon didn't get to battle here then people would complain about that.

Seriously, I find it much more interesting to see a bunch of different Pokemon battle with different moves over the same six Pokemon battling with the same moves proving to everyone what we already know(That they are strong).

Plus we know the Sinnoh team isn't going to just fall off the face of the planet, they will be seen again at the end of Isshu where Ash uses some/all in the league or in some other kind of battle thing.

People have been complaining none stop about how the Johto team sucks and they are the worst and now the writers have been giving them upgrades.

Sure we could do without Corphish and that but as we saw with Donphan, not all the Pokemon will get spotlight, they can still just be used as "fall Pokemon".

Would you rather see Buizel be the "fall Pokemon" and get no battle time that way, or just keep it out all together and let someone else take the fall?

The Paul match will most likely show all of the Sinnoh team's power and they wont need another fight since they most likely will show all they got.

Anyways, when should we be getting the summary of this episode so we know exactly what is happening in it?

BM14murph

Master Collector
I am also of the opinion that this episode is purely just to show Darkrai off battling while Ash watches in the stands because of how the tile says "Darkrai appears!" instead of Ash or one of his Pokemon Vs Darkrai

I'd imagine either we see Ash battling some of his Semi Final in this probably in the first half and then Takuto's one in the second half or the next DP190 is about Ash's Semi-Final battle but it's unlikely but not very unlikely just unlikely lol

ijea4444

1. Way too much bleeps, 1 bleep usually gets the job done. When their being overused like that its because you know that have nothing and use them fill in the job. For future posts don't over-bleep, you give yourself an impression of being uneducated. I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just telling you what I see.

2. Ash's Kanto pokemon, and Ash's Hoenn pokemon both starred solely in their respective leagues, and those happen to be the two least criticized of Ash's teams.

Ash's Johto pokemon barely battled in their own league and are respected as Ash's weakest team.

See where I'm going? I agree complaining about things that haven't happened yet is pointless and stupid. But I can understand why people would go crazy over the possibility.

gliscor&yanmega

I am also of the opinion that this episode is purely just to show Darkrai off battling while Ash watches in the stands because of how the tile says "Darkrai appears!" instead of Ash or one of his Pokemon Vs Darkrai

I'd imagine either we see Ash battling some of his Semi Final in this probably in the first half and then Takuto's one in the second half or the next DP190 is about Ash's Semi-Final battle but it's unlikely but not very unlikely just unlikely lol

If this episode isn't Ash vs Takuto(Which I hope is the case), then I see/hope it plays out like this:

-Ash battles his semifinal opponent, showing the six remaining Pokemon that haven't battled yet(Muk, Bayleaf, Totodile, Corphish, Torkoal, and Glalie).

An episode is around 22 mins long(Without the ending and preview for next episode), take off two mins for the recap and opening and there is about 20mins of possible battle time. Takuto's match doesn't need to be over 5 mins long, and I would say it should be 3 mins at the most. Giving Ash at less 15 mins(If Takuto's match does take 5 mins) to 17 mins of battle time. There probably will be some talking and other non battling things, which would take no more then 5 mins off. So at less 10-12 mins of battle time for Ash. I'll break the time down in the battles now:

Ash vs Random person:

Corphish vs Yanmega-It learned Metal Claw but faints. 40 seconds

Torkoal vs Yanmega-Yanmega is recalled. 5 seconds

Torkoal vs Walrein-It learned Sludge Bomb but faints. 35 seconds

Glalie vs Walrein-Glalie learned Sheer Cold and/or Shadow Ball, and wins. 50 seconds

Glalie vs Camerupt-Glalie is recalled. 5 seconds

Totodile vs Camerupt-Totodile learned Hydro Pump and Aqua Tail and wins. 25 seconds

Totodile vs Yanmega-Totodile evolves right away and learned Super Power after that, it also learned Ice Fang before evolving which defeated Yanmega, Croconaw is recalled. 1 minute 35 seconds

Bayleaf vs Espeon -Bayleaf learned Solarbeam, Magical Leaf, and either Aromatherapy or Toxic. Bayleaf wins. 1 minute 45 seconds

Bayleaf vs Magnezone-Bayleaf faints. 1 minute

Glalie vs Magnezone-Glalie faints. 50 seconds

Croconaw vs Magnezone-Croconaw wins and is recalled. 2 minutes

Muk vs Carnivine-Muk learned Gunk Shot and Hyper Beam and wins with Muk and Croconaw still kicking. 3 minutes

Total amount of time is around 13 minutes.(I don't know if People would consider it rushed or whatever, I'm sure it would look better then it sounds).

-Then the next match between Takuto and a random trainer begins. Takuto's Darkrai is the only Pokemon he uses and wins without taking a hit(and Knocks out all the Pokemon with one hit).

-Episode ends with Ash worrying about his battle with Takuto.

I think they can do this so long as they make it purely a battling episode without anything else(Like Ash training his Pokemon as seen in DP 185).

Crikko

B r e a t h i n '
I think that Ash will battle another trainer before battling Takuto, and that this episode is only to introduce the characters.. so the battle can start in DP188 and ends in this episode. At the end of DP189 the battle against Takuto starts and in DP190 ends, closing the Sinnoh League.

Ash vs Girl with Ponytails
Parasect vs. Totodile (Totodile wins)
Vespiquen vs. Totodile (Totodile recalled)
Vespiquen vs. Glalie (Glalie wins)
Jynx vs. Glalie (Glalie faints)
Jynx vs. Corphish (Draw)
- pause
Tangrowth vs. Torkoal (Torkoal wins)
Banette vs. Torkoal (Torkoal recalled)
Banette vs. Totodile (Totodile faints)
Banette vs. Bayleef (Bayleef wins)
Magnezone vs. Bayleef (Bayleef faints)
Magnezone vs. Torkoal (Torkoal faints)
Magnezone vs. Muk (Muk wins)

And against LT Ash can use
- Heracross
- Quilava
- Sceptile
- Kingler
- Swellow
- Tauros
(Ash's Sinnoh Team is too injured after Paul battle)

gliscor&yanmega

I think that Ash will battle another trainer before battling Takuto, and that this episode is only to introduce the characters.. so the battle can start in DP188 and ends in this episode. At the end of DP189 the battle against Takuto starts and in DP190 ends, closing the Sinnoh League.

Ash vs Girl with Ponytails
Parasect vs. Totodile (Totodile wins)
Vespiquen vs. Totodile (Totodile recalled)
Vespiquen vs. Glalie (Glalie wins)
Jynx vs. Glalie (Glalie faints)
Jynx vs. Corphish (Draw)
- pause
Tangrowth vs. Torkoal (Torkoal wins)
Banette vs. Torkoal (Torkoal recalled)
Banette vs. Totodile (Totodile faints)
Banette vs. Bayleef (Bayleef wins)
Magnezone vs. Bayleef (Bayleef faints)
Magnezone vs. Torkoal (Torkoal faints)
Magnezone vs. Muk (Muk wins)

And against LT Ash can use
- Heracross
- Quilava
- Sceptile
- Kingler
- Swellow
- Tauros
(Ash's Sinnoh Team is too injured after Paul battle)

It is possible that DP 188 could start off the semifinals(I keep forgetting to mention that). So that makes it more possible that Ash faces Takuto last.

I think the writers should just keep Ash limited to the Pokemon shown in the opening/DP 182 and Heracross and Gliscor.

If Ash and Takuto is in the finals then I think his team will either be all of his Johto Pokemon or:
Pikachu
Heracross
Totodile/Croconaw
Glalie
Gliscor
Infernape

That way a Pokemon from each region is used, and Johto and Sinnoh get two Pokemon because of Johto remakes and it's the Sinnoh league.

I'm hoping more for all of the Johto Pokemon to battle though.

BM14murph

Master Collector
I'm hoping that when they do face off Ash uses his Sinnoh team minus Donphan and having either Snorlax/ Glalie in there instead

gliscor&yanmega

I'm hoping that when they do face off Ash uses his Sinnoh team minus Donphan and having either Snorlax/ Glalie in there instead

Sinnoh team minus Donphan? Do you mean Johto team minus Donphan or Sinnoh team minus someone?

I rather it just be all Johto. There will probably be at less one Pokemon that will lost to Darkrai quickly, although considering how Donphan didn't shine in the Conway battle it would seem more likely to shine now.

If Darkrai's main strategy is putting the foe to sleep and having it's ability kick in then I think Ash would focus on his Pokemon that can over come that or use that to their advantage, which would explain why Heracross is being used because of Sleep Talk. And if Noctowl is used then it's probably because it has Insomnia ability which would be the perfect counter, and Snorlax could have Snore or Sleep Talk too.

I'm just hoping to see the Johto team shine even more here(I can do without Donphan though).

FlyAsADunsparce

Totodile vs Yanmega-

Muk vs Carnivine

Don't think so buddy. Carnivine and Yanmega are Team Rocket's Pokémon. They won't give them to some random trainer. They already had enough battles this saga (Contests, Grand Festival, vs. Ash, Brock and Dawn). I like the idea of Ash battling Takuto in the final and him fighting someone else in the semi final.

But I guess it'll be more like this, most probably not though, I don't guess correct very often :p :

Semi final

Ash:
Totodile
Muk
Bayleef
Torkoal
Staraptor
Donphan

Opponent:
Magcargo
Magnezone
Chatot
Ledian
Tangrowth
Golduck

Final:

Ash:

Pikachu
Sceptile
Swellow
Heracross
Glalie
Snorlax

Takuto:

Darkrai
Spirtomb
Fearow
Arbok
Zangoose
Luxray

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Don't think so buddy. Carnivine and Yanmega are Team Rocket's Pokémon. They won't give them to some random trainer. They already had enough battles this saga (Contests, Grand Festival, vs. Ash, Brock and Dawn). I like the idea of Ash battling Takuto in the final and him fighting someone else in the semi final.

They could use another battle under someone else order.

I'm not saying I think that's what's going to happen for sure, I'm just adding Pokemon that I think could use some more battle time. Team Rocket's Pokemon don't always get to show their full potential.

I don't care if they aren't use, just use another Pokemon of that type.

So other possible choices instead of them are:
Tangrowth
Cherrim

Either one would do, they both haven't really gotten all that much battle time. We saw a Tangrowth in one of the league episodes when it faced Hippowdon and I think Tangrowth won, so it might be someone's in the Top 4.

And to replace Yanmega:
Butterfree
Ledian
Mothim
Vespiquen

Mothim or Vespiquen seems more likely. I don't think Vespiquen really got much battling in Sinnoh, and it would be interesting to see it's Attack/Defense/Heal Order.

So I guess Tangrowth and Vespiquen are better choices then Carnivine and Yanmega(Even though I like those two Pokemon a lot and would love to see them battle under someone else belt).

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I thought Takuto would appear in the semifinals. Or am I mistaken?
Anyway, I really hope Ash uses Kingler/Totodile/Glalie/Muk/Heracross (confirmed I think)/Pikachu against him. Hopefully we will get to somehow see Tauros too.

gliscor&yanmega

Slowking[George];11450368 said:
I thought Takuto would appear in the semifinals. Or am I mistaken?
Anyway, I really hope Ash uses Kingler/Totodile/Glalie/Muk/Heracross (confirmed I think)/Pikachu against him. Hopefully we will get to somehow see Tauros too.

The title of the episode is "Sinnoh League Semi-Final! Darkrai Appears!"

The title basically confirms that this episode is the semifinals and Darkrai will most likely battle, which would mean Takuto will be in it.

It's just not known yet if this will be Ash vs Takuto or if Ash and Takuto will get semifinal matches with the two random trainers.

We probably wont see Kingler or Tauros. From what I'm aware of, the only Pokemon that Ash is using are the ones that were in DP 182, his Sinnoh team, and Gliscor(Which he probably planned on using from the start). So I doubt we will be seeing Kingler, Tauros, or any other Pokemon that weren't shown.

HoennMaster

I don't see why people expect Ash to battle a COTD after battling Paul. They have always saved the rivals for last, this will probably be no exception.

cauldronmaster

I don't see why people expect Ash to battle a COTD after battling Paul. They have always saved the rivals for last, this will probably be no exception.

This is likely to give Ash a chance to transition from a "vs Paul" mindset to a "vs Darkrai Trainer" mindset. Just because Ash happens to face a CotD after defeating Paul doesn't mean said CotD is stronger than Paul, especially since this tournament's matchups are randomized and not bracketed or seeded.

Furthermore, this reduces the possibility of DEM-based wins. By watching Takuto and Darkrai battle beforehand, Ash will be able to work out legitimate strategies to defeat it (and any other pokemon he uses).

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Can't believe I'm saying this for the third time. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THAT ASH VS TAKOTO IS THE FINALS!!! EVEN IF IT IS IT WILL BE EXTREMELY RUSHED BECAUSE IF THEY GAVE DP 189 TO THE ONE WHO IS BEATING ASH AND A COTD WITH ONLY 3-4 EPISODES LEFT IN THE SERIES. CAN'T YOU ACCEPT THAT ASH VS TAKOTO IS THE SEMIFINALS!!! WHEN DID IT SAY THAT IT IS THE FINALS? THEY START IT AT THE END OF THE PAUL EPISODE 3 AND ENDS IN DP 189 WRAPPING UP THE LEAGUE IN DP 190 SAYING BYE TO PAUL AND BARRY THEN GIVING DAWN AND BROCK DP 191 AND ENDING IN PALLET TOWN AND GOING TO ISSHU IN DP 192.

Here are two episode ways. You're guys and mine.

Yours:Dp 190 Finals Battle

Mine: Dp 190 End of the Semi Finals, End of Sinnoh League,(First Five minutes) Saying bye to Barry and Paul.

Yours: DP 191 End of Finals, Sinnoh League end, bye to Barry, Paul, and Zoey.
Mine: DP 191 Bye to Brock, Dawn, and Zoey.

Yours: DP 192 Bye to Brock and Dawn, Pallet Town, Heading to Isshu.
Mine: DP 192 Gary Battle/Oak telling him about Isshu/Aragui telling him about Isshu, Pallet Town, heading to Isshu.

Which seems the better choice?

Ash reaching the finals honestly. They could easily start the battle at the end of 189, and finish it in 190. 191-192 would be devoted to goodbyes. Yeah, the battle would be rushed, but Ash reaching the finals would show they're not improving him at a snails pace. Battling a legendary in the semi's is a lame way to keep him out of the finals.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Just because it isn't written 'Ash Vs. Takudo! Semi finals' so people think Ash wont fight him yet.

This episode can definitely be a quick 6 on 6 battle and a short battle of Darkrai. The league is most likely going to another episode, so why not?

cauldronmaster

Any "goodbyes" (both Dawn-related and Ash-related), as well as the usual pallet town-sendoff sequence need not be longer than a few minutes apiece, meaning they can all fit into a single episode.

That leaves the other two episodes to wrap up the sinnoh league, which is plenty of time for not only a non-rushed finals battle, but also one that isn't necessarily an OHKO fest. The only reason why Paul vs Ash is three eps is due to the extra comentary Reggie (and likely Cynthia for this case) usually inputs regarding Paul and Ash as trainers.

So with that said, episode pacing is not an issue for the writers to place Ash vs Takuto as a finals battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.