• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 189: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

strong

Banned
I have much better grammar skills then some of you loser's don't have and some of your grammar isn't better then minds which, my grammar its perfect all the way and much better then that gayass Cyber.

Totodile don't need to evolve because he its not weak and Totodile have shown before that he its strong enough to battle stronger pokemon and some of you need to stop acting like you no it all because non of you don't for that matter.

gliscor&yanmega

I have much better grammar skills then some of you loser's don't have and some of your grammar isn't better then minds which, my grammar its perfect all the way and much better then that gayass Cyber.

Totodile don't need to evolve because he its not weak and Totodile have shown before that he its strong enough to battle stronger pokemon and some of you need to stop acting like you no it all because non of you don't for that matter.

Grammar skills or not, you are highly offensive. Using "gayass" shows how offensive you are. There are much more mature ways to deal with people and you just showed one of the most immature ways of doing it.

Anyways back on topic-When should we be getting a summary for this episode?

HokkaidoMaster

Honestly, dude, I could have a field day with your post. I figured people have evolved past 'gayass,' but apparently not. Judging by your post, why don't you go and grab your crayons and Kool-Aid and draw your mom a pretty picture? One that she can hang on the refigerator door so she can feel proud about you for once.

Anyways... do you think we'll get a summary sometime between now and next Thursday? I hope so, so that we'll actually know what is happening in this episode...

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..

Hmm, your post contradicts itself....

Has it been proven that this is actually the battle, or is it still just speculation? I am a firm believer that this is simply an introductory episode for Takuto, where Ash will watch his Semi Final battle and they will then face in the finals.

gliscor&yanmega

Has it been proven that this is actually the battle, or is it still just speculation? I am a firm believer that this is simply an introductory episode for Takuto, where Ash will watch his Semi Final battle and they will then face in the finals.

Nothing has been confirmed or proven yet other then the title.

All we know is that this is the semifinals and Darkrai appears...even though it appeared before but it appears again.

I think it's better if they have DP 188 start Ash's semifinal match(I'm pretty sure Paul vs Ash will end in the first 5 mins or so) and finish it in DP 189. Then have Takuto using his Darkrai against his semifinal opponent, hyping Darkrai more and showing us and Ash what Darkrai's fighting style is.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Im still putting my money on a few stills of Glalie freezing something (and winning), Quilava burning something (and winning) and then cut to Totodile or Corphish finishing off Ashs semi-final, before Barry runs in and tells them that if they rush, they can sprint to the other stadium to watch Darkrai in action.....have it whoop some fighting and bug types.............then spend about 2 eps covering the final, if that is how they want to do it. Rush back to Pallet.......then Isshu

cauldronmaster

A few speculative things regarding both Darkrai itself and its signature move Dark Void: (I will be going by known anime animations and effects over game effects for the most part)

Deflecting Dark Void
Dark Void appears to be an attack that immediately has an effect on a living organism (pokemon or human) if it simply makes contact with anything attached to said organism (ex. vines of a vine whip-using pokemon). This makes deflecting the attack difficult with physical attacks. As an attack with rapid-fire capabilities, most standard special attacks (Flamethrower, Hyper Beam, Energy Ball) would ineffective at blocking the attack, due to lower firing frequencies, while other rapid fire attacks (Seed bomb, Bullet Seed, Bubblebeam) may not be powerful enough or cover enough area to block an executed Dark Void (Example: Think of an individual bubble from a Bubblebeam attack attempting to block an entire Dark Void).

Sleep Immunity
Unlike other sleep-inducing moves, Dark Void actually incapacitates the opponent by force. On the other hand, attacks along the lines of Sleep Powder or Hypnosis would merely make an opponent feel drowzy, dizzy, and faint, causing the opponent to eventually collapse out of their own exhaustion. Literally speaking, an ability such as Insomnia (re: Ash's Noctowl) only directly prevents one from feeling "drowzy, dizzy, and faint," which in turn would prevent sleep in a normal scenario. However, Dark Void, through this forced incapacitation (going by the movie 10 effects), appears to bypass this "drowzy, dizzy, and faint" stage, which would make an ability such as Insomnia useless in deflecting this attack. Note that attacks attempting to hit a target that is immune to said attack due to type or ability will still make contact with said target, despite the attack having no effect.

Sleep-Based Attacks (ex. Sleep Talk, Snore)
As for Sleep Talk (or snore), I'd imagine that a tactic such as this one would be difficult to pull off (though not outright impossible), primarily due to Darkrai's Bad Dreams ability, which saps energy from sleeping pokemon, thus creating a "flinching effect" (commonly seen on victims of giga drain/dream eater/leech seed) when the victim attempts to attack or counter.

Magic Coat
Now, in the games at least (I dont recall seeing this move used in the anime yet), the move Magic Coat can sucessfully reflect an opponent's status-inducing attack directly back at said opponent. This DOES include Dark Void. This is a tactic that would likely work in the anime, due to the fact that it allows the user to avoid direct contact with the Dark Void itself in the first place, and can handle rapid-fire. Ash owns two pokemon that can legally learn this move: Bayleef and Noctowl. Since Noctowl already has three new recently learnt attacks, Magic Coat would likely come from Bayleef, if it is used at all.

Ivysaur92

Personally, I still feel like Ash vs LT could be the final. I even thought up a little scenario. I mean this episode is just called "Semifinal! Darkrai Appears!" and there was a similar title like this one in the Grand Festival which only minorly showed Dawn's battle.

My idea: Show a quick version of Ash's battle (mabye even started in 188). On the board, show Corphish already defeated, and pick up at the end of a battle where Torkoal wins and is beaten quickly. Then show a slightly longer Quilava battle, followed by battles where Bayleef, Totodile, and Muk get solid wins in. Then have Ash watch the end of LT's battle, where Darkrai takes out 3 or 4 Pokemon, but the trainer is shown to have done something to hurt Darkrai which Ash takes special note of. Then for the end of the episode, have Ash/Brock/Barry,Paul,or whoever else talkiing about how to beat Darkrai, and then end the battle with Ash and LT staring eachother down as the final is set to begin.

This would also help to get screentime for all of the reserves now (minus Bulba, Squirtle, Charizard, Tauros, and (so sorry!) Kingler, but at least they were used in the BF (sorry again Kingler!)) That way, Ash could use his best suited team for Darkrai.

In my opinion, Ash's best team for Darkrai is:

Heracross- Confirmed, Has STAB Super Effective moves for both types, sleep talk to resist his dark void, and speed to track Darkrai down. Perfect.
Pikachu, Buizel, and Infernape- Pikachu is ususally in the final league match, all 3 have counter shield to resist sleep/ trap Darkrai, and I just feel like there is more to that scene in the (amazing) opening than meets the eye now.
Noctowl- Recently proved it has some real power, and its ability could really help here.
Glalie- The only reserve left, and I put in in this match as opposed to the Semifinal one because it did so great in the Hoenn league. I could accept Muk or Bayleef being switched here though, but not so much the two water or two fire types I put in that one.

Finally for fun, heres how I see the battle going:
Buizel vs Darkrai- Darkrai
Noctowl vs Darkrai- Darkrai
Heracross vs Darkrai- Heracross barely, Heracross returned
Pikachu vs fairly weak LT Pokemon- Pikachu, though slightly tired
Glalie vs fairly weak LT Pokemon- Glalie

Intermission- Ash thinks the LT has nothing left..

Glalie vs Entei- Entei- Ash is shocked
Infernape vs Entei- Infernape barely stands up

LT says he will show Ash the two pokemon he used to mainly catch Darkrai, which was his strongest Pokemon. LT sends out a Heracross Evolution or something. Ash puts Heracross back in.

Heracross vs HeraEvo-Evolution wins
Infernape vs Hera Evo-A quickly activated Blaze wins it for him
Infernape vs Lucario- Lucario
Pikachu vs Lucario-...hard to say. This is my scenario though, so i'll give it to Ash. The writers could do anything though....

I feel like that would be awesome, and a truly nice way to end DP's battles.
Thanks for taking the time to read that, hope you enjoy!

;341; ;156; ;153; ;214; ;418; ;392;

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

Eh, DP is now pretty much supposed to end at 191 episodes as opposed to the 192. Unless we get an hour special between now and then, we're stuck with two episodes to be confirmed. Just no time for this to be a random match. /:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Eh, DP is now pretty much supposed to end at 191 episodes as opposed to the 192. Unless we get an hour special between now and then, we're stuck with two episodes to be confirmed. Just no time for this to be a random match. /:

Yes, there's no time even for another part with the LT. The battle will end here.
And maybe that means Brock and Dawn's final goodbye episode will be in the same episode. Then one Pallet town episode and that's it. I guess we probably can forget about more 5 pokemon for Takudo and an appearance for Zoey or Ursula.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
any new info yet?

Aside from this episode probably being the actual semifinal battle of Ash against vs. Takuto, simply because there isn't enough time anymore... nope...

DP189: Takuto
DP190: The League ends, goodbye to rivals
DP191: Goodbye Dawn, Brock and Sinnoh

BW001: Iris and Dento are introduced, Ash departs from Pallet Town and he's going solo with Pikachu.
BW002: Iris is sitting in a tree, and sees a aeroplane coming acrashing her way. Ash is the only survivor, eye of the tiger, byebye Pikachu! Ash captures Mamepato. Jessie captures Koromori who was knocked out by the aeroplane.

Silver_Seoul

188: Conclusion to Paul battle in first half, Second half starts Takuto and Ash.
189: Conclusion to Takuto in the first half, Second half sends off rivals.
190: League Ends, Brock's new Dream (starting a family with a Nurse Joy) and Dawn wants to travel Kanto.
191: Ash deposits his Sinnoh Pokemon, wanting the trip home to just be happy time with Pika, Brock and Dawn. Unfortunately TR holds him up and he misses the ferry, waving goodbye to Dawn and Brock (end of first half.) Second half, he contacts Oak about his dilemma and meets Professor Aragi, who has an extra plane ticket. DP ends with them boarding the plane. :p

BW001: Iris jungle time, blah-blah dilemma or conflict. Some people wanna tear down her trees, and Dante (Dento) owns the company. Blah.
BW002: Ash crashes into Iris's hair. Kibago, who doesn't take closely to strangers, rips Ash's clothes to shreds, so Iris makes up for it by stealing an outfit from Dante's clothing store and gives it to Ash, leading the two to battle (Ash and Dante) :p

All really random speculation.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
My turn
DP 190 end of Sinnoh League, Bye to Paul, Barry, and Brock, seeing Pallet Town.

DP 191 Bye to Dawn who says hi to Ash's Mom and leaves for Hoenn. Ash goes to Oak's Oak's his Sinnoh Pokemon says hi to Prof. Oak sees Aragui is given new Pokedex and new clothes and leaves for Isshu with Aragui.

BW 001 Ash is in the plane then we go to Dento and Iris who are talking to each other with Dento on the ground and Iris swinging in the trees walking to Aragui's Lab. The plane lands, Ash sees Mamepoto and catches it without knowing it knows Air Slash and goes to Aragui's lab. Meanwhile Jessie/James sees Korimoni and catches it.

BW 002 Ash sees Iris and Dento and they walk with Aragui to her lab. Dento immediatly chooses Tsutajaha and Iris doesn't want either so Aragui askes Ash if he wants both Pokabu and Mijumari. Ash says yes but Team Rocket appears and takes Mijumari, Pikachu, Kibago, Tsutaju, and Pokabu leaving Ash with Mamepoto. So the three of them wave goodbye to Aragui and try to rescue their Pokemon. Meanwhile a Chilarmy gets in the way of Team Rocket and the make it faint. Ash and co. nearly pass by the Chilarmy when Iris says go on and helps the Chilarmy. The Chilarmy wants to go with her so she says yes and catches it. She then lets it out and they catch up to Ash and Dento. They rescue their Pokemon and take out Team Rocket. The episode ends there.

whataffah

Knowing the writers, it would be like this:

Ash finally beats Paul. He can take everything now.
Then Ash faces the LT (btw... it's a guy?!?! What a transsexual!). Ok, Ash beats him, cause he kicked Paul's *** too. But it would be like: AT LAST! Darkrai is defeated by the last of Ash's pokemon standing. His rest, they are just weak. Should be a plot like: He befriended Darkrai, such a fairytale...

Then it's like always: cause of a stupid reason Ash loses and doesn't win the league again. He beats Paul, he beats the LT, but not the last one. It's as clear as water: Why wouldn't Ash face Paul or the LT in the final? Cause that's a great plot to let him win the league... It's just like the Netherlands. We win every single match. We defeat Brazil (Paul) and Uruguay (LT), but lose in the end to a non-outstanding opponent.
I just ask myself: The series will continue to DP190. thats stated DP189 semifinals isn't right. 186-187: Paul. 188 LT. Due to the lack of time you could think: Ash gets punished in just one episode. Then he sees in 189 how LT wins the league. DP190 is the closing episode. It's just stupid they say when they stop with DP. You can now predict the league ending.

DeadlyLucario

i would love ash to beat takuto and go on to win the final, but i know that prob wont happen. if ash does get beat i hope its a 6-5 if ash were to get hammered. i dont see the point in that so basically his team isnt good enough. i think hell beat darkrai but lose to takutos 5 gen pokemon i think he wil have

DeadlyLucario

i would love ash to beat takuto and go on to win the final, but i know that prob wont happen. if ash does get beat i hope its a 6-5 if ash were to get hammered. i dont see the point in that so basically his team isnt good enough. i think hell beat darkrai but lose to takutos 5 gen pokemon i think he wil have

luckyumbreon

DragonExtraordinaire
I still feel like there is a loophole to this Darkrai thing. Maybe a Zoroark in disguise as already mentioned. That's the 5th gen pokemon for you.

Silver_Seoul

I still feel like there is a loophole to this Darkrai thing. Maybe a Zoroark in disguise as already mentioned. That's the 5th gen pokemon for you.

No thanks, I'd rather not. 'Cause under that basis, any Pokemon we see from this point on could be a Zoroark/Ditto in disguise and I'd rather not have to live with that kind of paranoia.

Status
Not open for further replies.