• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 189: Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abeaver

It's good to see ash is using his Sceptile and gible! they both kicks *** :p

Just an idea, but isn't the 6th pokemon going to be Buizel? as you see him fighting Darkrai in the opening of SLV :} maybe he will evolve in the next ep as well, that'd be cool!

Also, do you think this Darkrai is actually a real one? or could it possibly be Zoroark using its illusion ability.. as don't they usually show at least one pokemon of the next generation before the new adventure starts? it would explain how this Takuto was able to have a 'legendary' on his team :)

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Since this is only one episode and no other Pokemon were present, I predict Darkrai will destroy the entire team. Sceptile and Torkoal returned to lose, I guess they writer's didn't want another Totodile failure looming over there heads. Using Darkrai isn't cheating but man is it cheap, especially in a league like this. Oh well, there's always the Isshu league to look forward to....right?

I suspect Ash will beat Darkrai but with only one or two Pokemon left.

Edit: Why all the talk about Primeape? You guy's actually think it's coming back? How many years has it been now?

I think it's been 12 years.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I suspect Ash will beat Darkrai but with only one or two Pokemon left.

Or maybe Darkrai's trainer is so weak without his Darkrai that Ash literally pull's a Cynthia and knock's out all his Pokemon but Darkrai so fast the preview refused to show it. I can just imagine him pulling out little Pidgey's, and Rattata's because he stopped training his other Pokemon once he got Darkrai. It would be funny if that was the case but I know it's not.

TicoPokemonMaster

The next person that says Darkrai is Zoroark I'm gunna........

Seriously people stop that.

I don't think that swellow will make a return in this battle, its got no move affective enough to hurt darkrai, staraptor on the other hand has a close combat so it has more a better chance against darkrai.

all you people obessed with possible primeape return go back and rewatch the episodes that it appeared in and get your fix on primeape, cuz it ain't coming back.

platinum fan, I think that darkrai trainer has atleast one pokemon equally or maybe a little less stronger than Darkrai in order to capture it, I can't imagine the trainer walking behind darkrai and then asking it to join him, and darkrai agrees.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
People just view Charizard as some kind of enemy o_O

He's also a powerhouse of Ash's team and just like some other Pokemon he needs screentime too. Why do I see that the popular ones get all the hate. If people say Muk needs a battle then same thing can be said for Charizard too.

Same can't be said for Charizard.. and he officially doesn't need screentime. The powerful ones don't get hate, the undershowcased get more love. Look at what Muk has behind his name, and then look what Charizard has behind it's name, you'll see the difference immediatly:

Muk: Bellsprout
Charizard: Weepinbell, Magmar, Charmander, Alakazam/Marowak, Electabuzz, Pidgeot, Dragonair, Scizor, Golem, Blastoise, Articuno.

And these are just the official matches that it has won.. Now tell me that you don't think that Muk needs a battle more then Charizard?

The same goes with Sceptile. Bayleef only had gym battles that it lost (Falkner) and had three gym battles that it won: Bugsy's Spinarak, and Chucks Poliwrath and Machoke. Then it had one battle in the league against Harrison's Houndoom, and that was it. Four wins in Johto and nothing else. While Sceptile had tons and tons of wins in Hoenn and the Battle Frontier.

People are applying the same logic to Corphish as well. It had enough in Hoenn, when compared to Totodile and Kingler who lack the amount of wins.

People don't want Ash to resort to the same pokemon each single time he has a hard match in front of him, them same pokemon being the strongest of the region put together. Ash using a team consisting of Charizard, Pikachu, Snorlax, Infernape, Sceptile and whatever sixth, would be boring and annoying as we know what they do.

- Charizard uses Seismic Toss, and has a new move.
- Pikachu uses Volt Tackle and Iron Tail and it's incredispeed.
- Snorlax gets grumpy and punches the crap out of everything no matter how many hits it takes.
- Infernape is going to go Blaze 95% of the time.
- Sceptile is going to hit something with Leaf Blade and people will stare in awe.

That's the reason why people wanted to see Muk, Totodile, Bayleef, Quilava and Noctowl so bad. They can actually still surprise us. Just look at how people liked Torkoal after Registeel, eventhough it lost. Just look at how people like Noctowl now since it came back and did great against Conway. And just look how disappointed people are to see something we've seen times before when pokemon like Quilava got an upgrade of gigantic proportions and doesn't get to show it.

I will rage if one of those overused a*sholes gets a spot over Totodile- the reserve in most need of redemption...

Backing you up a hundred percent buddy!

I think Sceptile is stronger than Infernape... So i prefer to use Sceptile over infernape.

Have you watched DP188? Do you think that Sceptile can stand up to Blaze Flare Blitz and Flamethrowers? I sure don't.. Sorry, but Sceptile's great asset was it's speed and physical style. Infernape has that, and more to bring to the table.

Bullet Seed < Flamethrower: Why am I comparing this?
Leaf Blade < Flare Blitz: This is a tough one, but due to Flare Blitz being super effective against Leaf Blade.
Solar Beam = Flamethrower with Blaze, Flare Blitz with Blaze will go straight through for a knock out.
Pound < Mach Punch: Pound could not knock a Aggron in the wall, I'm sure of it.

Aside from that, Infernape and Sceptile are about equals in speed and agility.

I'm not saying you're stupid as an individual, but it would be stupid if ash took raticate to fight. All his other kanto pokemon would be like: That guy was a part of ur team for half an episode, and we were w8ing 4 years just to fight alongside ur team!!!

Btw, I think the backwards cap is cool too, but ppl are getting too excited about it. When was the last time he reached semis? And when was the last time he fought a legendary in a League match, aside from battle frontier which doesn't really count??? NEVER

Huh? He was mostly talking about bringing Primeape.. Which Ash considered using against Erika, and thus was a part of his team enough. Primeape is actually the best counter, besides Heracross, but it's getting knocked out early so who knows..

Why doesn't the Battle Frontier count? Do tell.. Not a real league? No, perhaps not, but it's a real friggin match alright, with a real friggin plack to win alright.

I like the idea of Tauros battling and evolving. It is rumored to have a Fifth Gen evolution (Minotauros?), and that would fill Ash's slot of who to take to Isshu along with Pikachu.

Having said that, Heracross and Torkoal are also rumored to have an evolution.

Ow god I can just see it now! Three evolutions in one battle and suddenly Ash has half a Gen 5 team!

Lol, but all those rumours were proven false. No Atlacross, or Minotauros, or that Torcano rumor from back when Ash was going to Snowpoint City :p

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Or maybe Darkrai's trainer is so weak without his Darkrai that Ash literally pull's a Cynthia and knock's out all his Pokemon but Darkrai so fast the preview refused to show it. I can just imagine him pulling out little Pidgey's, and Rattata's because he stopped training his other Pokemon once he got Darkrai. It would be funny if that was the case but I know it's not.

I think he would have a as strong Lucairo or something of the sort. We do need Lucairo's annual appearence...

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Tico- Uh no offense but last time I checked, you aren't a writer of the show. Now there is probably 99.9% chance Primeape (Which by the way I am not a fan of, it would just be interesting if it did happened) will not return and probably a huge chance that it's Charizard (Ash is prone to bringing out surprises, look at the other leagues he always got Pokemon transferred that we didn't know he would use, or well I didn't when I first watched them). Or one of the Pokemon on his reserves could end up doing it (Staraptor's the only other one I can think of that would have an super effective attack, Close Combat).

But yeah anyways, there could always be a slight chance 1 in a million, but I do think it's most likely Charizard (Although the useage of Infernape as someone else said, so that might not happen, Perhaps Glalie), or it's some Pokemon that's gonna evolve. I hope we do see a preview or something of it soon so we can find out.

gliscor&yanmega

It's good to see ash is using his Sceptile and gible! they both kicks *** :p

I could have live without them being in the battle and letting some other Pokemon battle instead.

Just an idea, but isn't the 6th pokemon going to be Buizel? as you see him fighting Darkrai in the opening of SLV :} maybe he will evolve in the next ep as well, that'd be cool!
That doesn't mean anything. Just because Buizel was in the opening fighting Darkrai doesn't mean it will happen. Infernape was fighting Entie so why didn't that happen? Seriously the openings mean nothing when it comes to battles.

Also, do you think this Darkrai is actually a real one? or could it possibly be Zoroark using its illusion ability.. as don't they usually show at least one pokemon of the next generation before the new adventure starts? it would explain how this Takuto was able to have a 'legendary' on his team :)

Yes Darkrai is a real Darkrai. But it being Zoroark would really make no sense in my opinion. I'm not sure how it's ability worked in the movie but I'm sure there are draw backs, probably being that Zoroark can't change into a Pokemon unless it's in it's view. Takuto having a legendary doesn't need to be explain, he at some point caught one, there has been people with them already.

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

Sceptile = total and utter win.

Torkoal I'm not too keen on but whatever. Snorlax or, outside shot, Charizard for the final slot imo. More likely Snorlax though. Maybe even Bayleef!

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
So Ash going to face Takuto in the semifinals and battle Darkrai.

Ash's team:
Pikachu
Heracross
Tortoal
Sceptile
Gible
???

Takuto's Team
Darkrai
???
???
???
???
???

I wonder what other pokemon Takuto going to use against Ash. This could be interesting. I don't mind if Ash lose to Takuto. But if that guy was the evil one, then I vote for Ash to win him.

TicoPokemonMaster

^ Snorlax already appeared abeit in a 5 second battle before the Conway battle

whataffah

Reciting:
Ash:
Pikachu - To expect. Pikachu just his most experienced pokemon, who resets after each saga, tragily.
Heracross - Already confirmed, and is great. Heracross is really strong and knows sleep talk.
Torkoal - At least it got some love. It's great, but not his best fire type. He had to use Quilava, at least for training.
Sceptile - The major suprise. If someone has to crush Darkrai, it should be Sceptile. It's the Infernape from Hoenn.
Gible - I think it's great. It knows Draco meteor, although Darkrai just dodges all of the shots. If Sceptile doesn't crush Darkrai, it would be Gible. After all the experience he gained against Darkrai, it will evolve most likely, cause it's the last time we'll ever see him again.
Unconfirmed yet. Hoping for Totodile - Ash's last unevolved Johto pokemon. Bayleef, Quilava and, Totodile?! Huh? It doesn't fit as Totodile and sure has experience. It should evolve in this battle. Maybe a final blow, if Sceptile or Gible doesn't.
Forget what I said about Totodile. I saw the preview and at the very last moment, we see a Hyperbeam. I think it's either Snorlax or Kingler.
Darkrai just has to be defeated. It fits in the line. Ash defeated legendaries before. His Charizard crushed Articuno by itself, for example. Now, a whole team has to be crushed by Darkrai? That's impossible.

Though, I expect we'll see 5 pokemon of Ash defeated by Darkrai. Finally, we'll see the pokemon of Takuto where he managed to capture Darkrai with.
In my thoughts a starter of A region.

Also watching the BW preview: We saw Mijumaru in a gym. Either Ash or Dento will have a Mijumaru then?

And the new Agent Jenny looks like a lesbian, better Brock won't go to Isshu. XD

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Last time Ash turned his hat back like that, man I forget. I think it was Jhoto, but man that scene will be epic I tells yah. I guess this means a serious fight for Ash if he does that after all the years LOL. This is gonna be the best league ever! I'm hopping Ash last slot will be BayLeef.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

More or less the same amount of time since Ash last wore his hat backwards. And oh, look what happens here!

Seriously, the writers have proved time and time again that stuff that happened on the show over a decade ago can still pop up. It's happened before. Remember the Thunderstone Team Rocket stole from Ash in an episode last year? The exact same Thunderstone was given to Ash in the sixteenth friggin' episode. And now he's wearing his hat backwards again. The way I see it, while this in no way confirms Primeape's presence, it makes one hell of a case for it!

Kazuki Mirai

Sweet, Sceptile! =D Looks like the Johto guys aren't going to be used though...

Too bad that the team are gonna be sweeped. So basically even the anime says you can win with a legendary. Nice...

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Last time Ash turned his hat was in the Manaphy movie. But I guess the turned hat is just showing that this is gonna be epic.

talala

Forget what I said about Totodile. I saw the preview and at the very last moment, we see a Hyperbeam. I think it's either Snorlax or Kingler.

omg we saw a hyper beam, that means cuz heracross knows sleep talk ash will have snorlax or kingler on his team even though heracross was using hyper beam with its eyes OPEN.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.