• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 34: Buizel! The Road to Strength!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
For some reason, this reminds me of the time when Munchlax appeared and some of my friends wanted Ash to get, saying " Munchlax doesnt suit girls at all". Yet, half of the girls in my class who still even think about pokemon have Snorlax in their teams(dream).

Also reminded me of the time when May got the Eevee Egg and some ppl here said it was a Zigzagoon egg.

Here, there are 3 possiblities.

1. The Poster was misleading and Buizel really goes to Ash( HIGHLY UNLIKELY)

2. Dawn captures Ash in a 3-Way Pokeball throw(Nozomi, Ash, and Dawn) but Buizel despises Dawn and cant see itself being used in contests. But it has no choice and takes part in contests for Dawn + helps Ash in battles as it likes Ash more than anyone on the team. (What I think would happen)

3. Since May got loads of Normal type pokemon in Hoen, Dawn may be treated the same, only she gets water type pokemon. This will lead to furthur ridiculous comments like "Dawn catches Shellos!", "Dawn eloped with Ash on a Mantine!" and also " If Dawn gets Johto Starters like how May got Kanto starters, she will get Totodile!"This would cause more ppl to watch the show to find out if their theories were true. (What I think is most probable)

Thank you for your time.

TheHolyShoe

*Laughs* People would find something to complain about no matter what.

I'm actually happy that Hikari is getting Buoysel. It'll be good for her to have a Pokemon that isn't super cute. He's got that coolness factor that everyone seems to be obsessing over - that'll be pretty nice for contests, I think, especially during the appeals. We don't what else they've got in store for Satoshi, Pokemon wise, but it seems like we should be pleasantly surprised with whatever it is. Maybe he'll get something that's almost all defense...or maybe a Koiking. =P

Anyway, I'm cool with Hikari, Satoshi, and Takeshi having relatively similar amounts of Pokemon. At least with Hikari, it makes it even clearer she's sharing the spotlight with Satoshi. Now, if only Takeshi would get a bit more loving from the writers, things would be great...

RPG Maker

Lost Dreamer
Still hoping they change it so Ash gets Buizel and not Dawn.

uber gon

Accept Change
I was hoping for a beach setting.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Who wants to bet that Buizel becomes much weaker in battle after Dawn catches it? The writers always tend to do that and make wild Pokeon strongr than when a trainer has it.

I believe that fans of console RPGs have a term for that. "Magus syndrome", I think.

Oh god, I just remembered Satoshi's Chicorita... the thing caused some seemingly serious damage to f***ing Lizardon, for Christ's sake. Yet somehow, despite all the development and even an evolution while on his team, it ends up being another sadly neglected member of his Jouto crew and can't even compare to Fushigidane when it comes to his grass-starters.

uber gon

Accept Change
I believe that fans of console RPGs have a term for that. "Magus syndrome", I think.

Oh god, I just remembered Satoshi's Chicorita... the thing f***ing injured Lizardon, for Christ's sake. Yet somehow, despite all the development and even an evolution while on his team, it ends up being another sadly neglected member of his Jouto crew and can't even compare to Fushigidane when it comes to his grass-starters.

Meh, the writers must have a thing against Johto.

OtterPops

Mareep!
I'm hoping Buizel goes to Dawn. Its my second favorite Pokemon, and it deserves to go to a good character. I'm not saying that I mind Brock and Ash catching it, but I'd like it on Dawn because of the contests. They usually have some really nice animations/battle scenes in them. Ash will get other kickass Pokemon later on, anyway, and Brock already has a Happiny egg (it is a Happiny, right?).

-;179;

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
I'm hoping Buizel goes to Dawn. Its my second favorite Pokemon, and it deserves to go to a good character. I'm not saying that I mind Brock and Ash catching it, but I'd like it on Dawn because of the contests. They usually have some really nice animations/battle scenes in them. Ash will get other kickass Pokemon later on, anyway, and Brock already has a Happiny egg (it is a Happiny, right?).

-;179;

If Brock caught it, think about all the numerous controversal threads and rants that would be created. Far worse than the 'Ash/Dawn Buizel War' mess going on right now.

scizor08

Back here. >.<
I think Buizel are challenging Ash and Dawn, and who beats Buizel will be the one who will catch it and Dawn wins..I think..I wish..

Lost Angel_Setsuna

Obviously Buizel is going to be Ash's...the preview says that.

Did anyone think that in the Darkrai poster Buizel was on Hikari's side only because of graphic reasons? (4 pokemon on each side)

;025; ;190; ;397; ;387; ;418; :D

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I'm kinda glad this bad *** Buizel goes to Dawn. It'll be nice to see her with some power...that is unless it goes the route of Seviper.

Seviper still manages to be pretty darn powerful on occasions, and can easily hold his own as Team Rocket's strongest Pokemon. Plus, he's a bad guy. Buizel is allowed to win.

I'm betting they keep him powerful, but have his fatal flaw being he is uncontrolable in Contest and thus loses points.

Obviously Buizel is going to be Ash's...the preview says that.
We've NEVER had a misleading preview before, right! :p

Still hoping they change it so Ash gets Buizel and not Dawn.

Last edited:

Snorkle

Oh no. An emo gecko.
I can kind of see Buizel becoming the 'Combusken' of Dawn's team. Combusken, although not the cutesy-lovey-dovey Pokemon everybody expected, had its own way to make itself known. It could FIGHT darnit! Not to mention it was the first Pokemon of hers that broke away from the traditional May-gets-a-cute-Pokemon theme people assumed. And it did turn out to be the most awesome Pokemon on her team~

Buizel will probably go along the same route. If there aren't going to be any hardships (i.e. conflicts between Dawn and Buizel in Contest atmosphere, disobeying, etc) then Buizel will probably become Dawn's all-out-fighter. And seeing that Pochama's evolution (if ever) is long in coming, they need to give her something good for the time being.

Snorkle

Oh no. An emo gecko.
I can kind of see Buizel becoming the 'Combusken' of Dawn's team. Combusken, although not the cutesy-lovey-dovey Pokemon everybody expected, had its own way to make itself known. It could FIGHT darnit! Not to mention it was the first Pokemon of hers that broke away from the traditional May-gets-a-cute-Pokemon theme people assumed. And it did turn out to be the most awesome Pokemon on her team~

Buizel will probably go along the same route. If there aren't going to be any hardships (i.e. conflicts between Dawn and Buizel in Contest atmosphere, disobeying, etc) then Buizel will probably become Dawn's all-out-fighter. And seeing that Pochama's evolution (if ever) is long in coming, they need to give her something good for the time being.

ShadowDragon16

they need to give her something good for the time being.

They have given her a Buneary and Pachirisu, no other character has gooten a pokemon since the Croagunk episode (Egg doesn't count until it hatches).

Why they would give her a pokemon this early, no clue. Giving a Side character three new captures in a row and having the star not capturing anything since episode 5, NO CLUE!?

Buizels basic personality doesn't fit dawn, it is too arregant and too strong for a rookie to handle. Dawn should stick with her cutesy little pokemon and leave the Badass pokemon to Ash. Pikachu busts it butt and Dawn in the ends gets it? What the hell is up with that? It seems Dawn and Ash try to get it. Dawn goes first, but Piplup got its butt wooped so it was all up to pikachu. Ash should get Buizel, he has had more exsperience with Aggegent Pokemon, Charizard, Chikorita, Treeko, and others.

Dax

Legend
They have given her a Buneary and Pachirisu, no other character has gooten a pokemon since the Croagunk episode (Egg doesn't count until it hatches).

Why they would give her a pokemon this early, no clue. Giving a Side character three new captures in a row and having the star not capturing anything since episode 5, NO CLUE!?

Buizels basic personality doesn't fit dawn, it is too arregant and too strong for a rookie to handle. Dawn should stick with her cutesy little pokemon and leave the Badass pokemon to Ash. Pikachu busts it butt and Dawn in the ends gets it? What the hell is up with that? It seems Dawn and Ash try to get it. Dawn goes first, but Piplup got its butt wooped so it was all up to pikachu. Ash should get Buizel, he has had more exsperience with Aggegent Pokemon, Charizard, Chikorita, Treeko, and others.

Honestly, the only thing that we know about the episode is because of the scan and because of the preview. Did you watch the episode to know that Pikachu busted his *** battling the pokemon? Did you watch the episode to know Buizel's personality. The only thing that you watched was the episode so stop saying things like they are facts because they're not. We don't know if Dawn is going to battle him later, we don't know what she does to get it. Sometimes I can get over people complaining but when they do it in every thread and they are saying the same thing everytime it gets annoying.

I think that the writers are making this episode hard for us to understand
there are reasons why Dawn and Ash should catch Buizel

These are the reasons why I feel each have a chance of catching Buizel

Dawn
*We saw it with her in the Coro Coro scans
*We also saw it with her in the Pokemon World scene in the 10th movie promo
*She needs a strong Pokemon

Ash
*He hasn't caught a Pokemon since episode five
*we are use to seeing him with a water type
*he just lost to Gardina in the forest and even though he doesn't know she is the gym leader that episode is close (comparison to Corphish and the Brawly situation)
*usually people catch Pokemon close to an event of theirs (except Brock)
*In the preview we see Pikachu fight Buizel longer

Black/Light

Can someone Youtube this or tell me how Im suppose to see it on that site (it's confusing)?

Anyway, I think it's sit up this way to make it seem like Pika is going to fight Buizel the most but after he gets his *** handed to him (leaving Buizel unharmed) Dawn comes back in and uses Pachirisu.

Makes sense imo. Buizel seems to be kicking *** because he is faster than Pika so he doesn't get hit by Pika's thunder attacks. . . Pachirisu is probly the fastest pokemon out of all of the pokemon they have with them now so he should be able to land a few blows.

Heck, with soo much flying on Buizel's part I think that Buneary's jumping can be used.

Mr.Trevor

Has anyone seen how many spots are on Buizel's back? If there are two than it is a male and will probably go to Ash. and the other way around
I hope that Ash gets it. How can I see the preview without having to go that site?

Status
Not open for further replies.