• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 34: Buizel! The Road to Strength!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
But Lotad only used water gun only a few times, besides it was its only water attack. Lotad was mainly focused on grass type attacks when it evolved.

Well, Buizel is using an entirely different set of moves then Piplup, so I don't see the problem.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Personally I'm amazed, and a little saddened, by the massive amount of energy that has gone into the whole argument of 'who should catch Buoysel'. I'm guessing it'll be more of the same from you fine folks in next week's episode discussion thread, right? Looking forward to it! :D

The episode looks decent, and I already like the Buoysel. The pokémon itself is already overated to the point of no return, but whatever - It's personallity looks like it'll be fun, and Aqua Jet does a superb job of making a generic charge n' collide attack look good. So I'm as happy as the day is long.

I'm also inclined to agree with Heracross' musings on future Buoysel/Pochama confrontation, especially since they both appear to have the character to pull a convincing rivalry off. Though considering that, thus far, they've done essentially jack squat with Mimirol and Pikachu, I'm not going to hold my breath.

ShadowDragon16

I still don't get what the writers were thinking of when they made this desision. Since they are Japanese, they probably got drunk. I mean, Buneary and Pachirisu hasn't had enough spotlight, and we have no idea what they are capable of. Ash on the other hand, has had the same team since episode 12. We have seen the potential of all his Pokemon. Dawn is different story, Pachirisu and Buneary are hardly used, and giving Dawn yet another Pokemon just takes them out of the spotlight completely. I say they should develop her team more before she gets a new Pokemomn. But Hell, she will get buizel, the writers are crackhead, what else is new?

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Buizel looks cool with anice set of moves to add to the teams movepool (Aqua Jet, Sonicboom/razorwind and some kind of kick attack)

Looking forward to seeing him on the team

ShadowDragon16

Buizel looks cool with anice set of moves to add to the teams movepool (Aqua Jet, Sonicboom/razorwind and some kind of kick attack)

Looking forward to seeing him on the team

Thats until be gets Dawned, only doomed to be shown off in contest instead of what he is actually made for. Buizel will lose his attitude and become as weak as a caterpie in the hands of the Side Character Pretty Girl.

SudovVoOdO

The afro is powerful
if there weren't any of those posters etc. about dawn+buizel, then I wouldn't believe she would get a buizel. Pikachu is fighting buizel 80% of the preview.
*still hope for the ash+buizel fans?*

cecil 090

chaos of the night
I say its kinda wierd how a "super powerful" Buizel is gonna be reduced to doing little tricks in a contest.

also every season ash gets a water type pokemon and buizel just really does suite him perfectly i mean the only other wter types he could get are shellos, finneon, mantyke etc.

now on the other hand that leaves ash with room for gible, riolu, hippopotas or snover.

lastly why would the writiers give Dawn another water type when shes already has the over used piplup, buizel will most likely be wasting it's power with contests and sitting around doing nothing.

ShadowDragon16

I say its kinda wierd how a "super powerful" Buizel is gonna be reduced to doing little tricks in a contest.

also every season ash gets a water type pokemon and buizel just really does suite him perfectly i mean the only other wter types he could get are shellos, finneon, mantyke etc.

now on the other hand that leaves ash with room for gible, riolu, hippopotas or snover.

lastly why would the writiers give Dawn another water type when shes already has the over used piplup, buizel will most likely be wasting it's power with contests and sitting around doing nothing.

Exactly, a Pokemon like that doesn't need to be in contests, it needs to be in Gyms. Raw Power and a Wicked attitude is exactully what the gyms are all about. Two water types for Dawn is gay, and the thing will turn into a total wimp when its placed with a weak trainer like Dawn.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I still don't get what the writers were thinking of when they made this desision. Since they are Japanese, they probably got drunk

This probably borders on racism, ne?

Thats until be gets Dawned, only doomed to be shown off in contest instead of what he is actually made for. Buizel will lose his attitude and become as weak as a caterpie in the hands of the Side Character Pretty Girl.

Yeah, it's not like Contest Pokemon beat the crap out of each other or anything in battles...I mean, it's not like tough Pokemon like Flygon, Absol, or Dusclops have ever been in Contest.

Two water types for Dawn is gay
I know, Buizel and Piplup are gonna make out!

Side Character Pretty Girl.
...along with a Teen Shemei Handbag, no doubt?

ShadowDragon16

This probably borders on racism, ne?

Yeah, it's not like Contest Pokemon beat the crap out of each other or anything in battles...I mean, it's not like tough Pokemon like Flygon, Absol, or Dusclops have ever been in Contest.

I know, Buizel and Piplup are gonna make out!

...along with a Teen Shemei Handbag, no doubt?

-_-; Man, your jokes and wise cracks are not funny.

ShadowDragon16

But yours are?

Yeah, that's right, I didn't think so either.

In case you havn't noticed, I didn't make and Jokes or Wise Cracks. i am just going to take a break from from this thread, i'll be back after the epsiode airs and pictures are developed to be mock for being wrong.

Dreamcoat

In case you havn't noticed, I didn't make and Jokes or Wise Cracks. i am just going to take a break from from this thread, i'll be back after the epsiode airs and pictures are developed to be mock for being wrong.
Oh, so that racism of yours were not a joke? Interesting..

Alfonso

Derpgull
Has anyone seen how many spots are on Buizel's back? If there are two than it is a male and will probably go to Ash. and the other way around
I hope that Ash gets it. How can I see the preview without having to go that site?

Since when has gender ever decided what trainer a Pokemon will go to? Going on 'typical gender of a Pokemon' logic, Marill should have gone to Misty, and so should Chikorita.

The problem with judging the power of a Pokemon is that it changes quite often between episodes. In one episode Seviper is a powerhouse, the next it gets beaten in seconds. The same is said for Pokemon like Pikachu. I don't even WANT to remember the whole nonsense with Regice followed by a loss to Electabuzz's evolution and a draw to Elekid. :<

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Like I said, Buizel probably won't be as capped as much as Seviper, due to the obvious reason...Seviper is a Team Rocket Pokemon, and thus is destined for a life of coolness, yet ultimately failure...whereas Buizel gets a nice seat on the winning side

Snorkle

Oh no. An emo gecko.
-Combusken didn't fit May because it could kick huge amounts of *** in battle and it's not really as cute as the rest of her Pokemon. (wait, this sounds familiar...)

Adding to that, funnily enough isn't Combusken's bad-arseness the thing that made people love it so much? Why should Buizel be any different?

I mean, Buneary and Pachirisu hasn't had enough spotlight, and we have no idea what they are capable of. Ash on the other hand, has had the same team since episode 12. We have seen the potential of all his Pokemon. Dawn is different story, Pachirisu and Buneary are hardly used, and giving Dawn yet another Pokemon just takes them out of the spotlight completely. I say they should develop her team more before she gets a new Pokemomn.

I agree with the whole under-spotlighted arguement there, but that doesn't mean that Dawn shouldn't get Buizel. I mean...yeah, maybe the writer's timing of the episode was off and they should have delayed it for a bit longer down the road. Your logic is that she should have used Mimiroru and Pachirisu much more before she caught Buizel, not that she shouldn't catch it.

Exactly, a Pokemon like that doesn't need to be in contests, it needs to be in Gyms. Raw Power and a Wicked attitude is exactully what the gyms are all about.

So you're saying that Pokemon like Flygon and Wigglytuff aren't tough enough competition? As proved in Hoenn by Pokemon like the above mentioned, Absol, and Combusken contest battles are just as intense as Gym Battles due to the fact that there's a time limit thrown into there as well. And with competitors like Nozomi and Kengo out there, who's to say that Buizel can't be used to its full potential and kick some major arse?

ShadowDragon16

I agree with the whole under-spotlighted arguement there, but that doesn't mean that Dawn shouldn't get Buizel. I mean...yeah, maybe the writer's timing of the episode was off and they should have delayed it for a bit longer down the road. Your logic is that she should have used Mimiroru and Pachirisu much more before she caught Buizel, not that she shouldn't catch it.
QUOTE]

Kinda, though I'd rather see Ash capture it. I don't think Ash can withstand another loss. Besides, Dawn captured Pachirisu right before a contest, so shouldn't Ash capture a Pokemon before a gym Battle?

ShadowDragon16

QUOTE]

Kinda, though I'd rather see Ash capture it. I don't think Ash can withstand another loss. Besides, Dawn captured Pachirisu right before a contest, so shouldn't Ash capture a Pokemon before a gym Battle?

Dax

Legend

When are you going to get that Ash not having Buizel is not loss? Ash doesn't have to capture a pokemon for the next gym battle. Seriously, what is Buizel going to do in a grass type gym? He's weak to grass attacks and besides Ash already has a super undeveloped Staravia that needs something to do. So probably this gym will be for Staravia.

You're trying to make any possible excuse to want Ash to get Buizel and is not going to work. Ash is not getting Buizel and you can't do anything about it. Deal with it!

My goodness, isn't it time already to stop complaining about this? At this point most of the people stopped complaining and you are just getting worst.

Exactly, a Pokemon like that doesn't need to be in contests, it needs to be in Gyms. Raw Power and a Wicked attitude is exactully what the gyms are all about. Two water types for Dawn is gay, and the thing will turn into a total wimp when its placed with a weak trainer like Dawn.

Do you watch the anime? Have you seen Buizel in a gym? NO!

Have you seen Buizel in contests? YES! In TWO!

Last edited:

cecil 090

chaos of the night
IMO dawn should get ponyta or something but heres how I imagine how the episode will go...

pikachu finally beats buizel, ash is about to catch it, dawn throws a pokemon by accident, dawn catches buizel, ash takes out a shotgun, well use your imaginations. =)

dawns team should be this:

piplup (soon prinplup)
buneary
pachirusu
ponyta (common there has to be 1 fire type)
chernibo
some other cutsie pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.