• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP 37: Eterna Gym! VS Gardenia!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
BTW, Is Dawn going to use that cheerleading suit again?
That will so rock..again

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
About the next gym battle, why is that Cranidos evolved? Why can't Cherubi? It would be neat and a tad ironic since the last battle. I vote for possible Worry Seed and yes I would like Grass Knot for Roserade it's a good attack in fact I vanquished many Elite 4 Pokémon- my Abomasnow rules! What would it be like if Ash or Dawn gets Snover? It wouldn't hurt if Ash gets another Ice type and it wouldn't be the first time he's had 2 grass types at the same time. Plus it would fix this whole more than one of a type issue. Yeah Buneary already knows Ice Beam let's give Ash Snover. Back on track- it's possible that Turtwig might get KO'd during Synthesis he might be a sitting duck.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Okay, having watched the preview at the end of this latest episode, it ran smoothly, so I can safely say that the preview on PM# is just a lagging version for some reason.

And regarding no new debuts, the writers have been sticking to the gym leaders' game teams ever since Morty, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise.

Wait if Cherubi is also dodging a Razor Leaf, wouldn't that imply that it beat Staravia or it battled Turtwig and Turtwig was then returned for Starvaria....if Starvaria loses to Cherubi I will laugh so hard then maybe even cry for it.

But all of Ash's birds except Swellow are treated like crap so why should we expect any different from Starvaria? :/

At least we get some Roserade stuff battle-wise...

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
And regarding no new debuts, the writers have been sticking to the gym leaders' game teams ever since Morty, so it shouldn't really come as a surprise.

You forgot about Clair. She didn't have Gyarados in the games. But that's only one Gym Leader.

Anyway, looks like Ash is switching out his Pokes a few times. I dunno whether it might pay off though.

scissorX

But all of Ash's birds except Swellow are treated like crap so why should we expect any different from Starvaria? :/

Becuase Staravia has the potential to become the best bird type Ash would have ever had. Plus the writers should of learnt from their mistakes, I mean seriously, its not as if Ash has lots of Pokémon to choose from in Sinnoh, so why isn't he training the ones he has..

That was one of the best things about AG, actually seeing Ash train, they need to bring that over to Sinnoh.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
If Aipom is winning this one...

I hope Mukkubird gets to take down Lucario. :)

Mukkubird? Against a movie star? Mukkuboned is more like it. Frankly I don't see Lucario being taken down by anything short of Pikachu on a really good day, unless Ash finally sees sense and starts pulling stuff from storage. Or borrows Buizel, given what a scrapper it is, though it lacks XP compared to Pikachu.

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
Mukkubird could take Lucairo.. Heck..it may even evolve during the battle and win.. But..we're not here to discuss about that now, are we?

I was mistaken then...No Pikachu..But Aipom.. I'll be interested in watching this battle as the star seems to be Aipom...

Its also nice to see Roserade with Weather Ball..

This looks like it will be an awesome grass battle

Alfonso

Derpgull
So Staravia now has more potential than Swellow had? o_o When did this happen, cause Swellow was kicking some serious *** after it evolved from Taillow.

I love how Gardenia makes you feel guilty for liking the look of her, cause she looks like a guy and all. Kinda like the surprise you feel when you find out Bugsy and Tate were guys.

Hopefully Cherubi will do something awesome, because it along with many other of the Grass types that have been created since R/B/Y is seriously underpowered and unneeded.

Go go Gardenia. <3

scissorX

So Staravia now has more potential than Swellow had? o_o When did this happen, cause Swellow was kicking some serious *** after it evolved from Taillow.

Yeah it does. I mean look at Staraptor, its the most powerful generic bird Pokémon there is, and it evolves from Staravia. Staravia will more than likely continue to be sucky for a while because it evolved fairly quickly, and still has another stage to develop into. Of course Taillow got good when it evolved, it only has one evolution, but the writers are showing how Staravia is progressing. Staraptor with Brave Bird FTW.

PANCAKE

I can't smile :|
Oh good! Aipom get's to pound on Roserade. I'm glad that ridiculous bird was wiped off the map by a puny Cherubi. Meet your new Torkoal folks. Staravia is nothing short of a letdown.

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Relax, Pikachu doesn't seem to be in the battle. Instead, I think that it'll be:

Gardenia sends out Cherubi
Ash sends out Turtwig
Turtwig bites it
Ash sends out Staravia
Staravia wins
Gardenia sends out Turtwig
Staravia kicks its butt (showing how pathetic Turtwig is on both sides)
Gardenia sends out Roserade
Staravia ges pwned
Ash sends out Aipom
Aipom saves the day after a tough battle

And it looks like Roserade has Weather Ball, which is the first really good move I see on a grass type - I'd train a Roserade to be a Sunnybeamer with Weather and Water Sport, making it powerful. :D

Dreamcoat

Relax, Pikachu doesn't seem to be in the battle. Instead, I think that it'll be:

Gardenia sends out Cherubi
Ash sends out Turtwig
Turtwig bites it
Ash sends out Staravia
Staravia wins
Gardenia sends out Turtwig
Staravia kicks its butt (showing how pathetic Turtwig is on both sides)
Gardenia sends out Roserade
Staravia ges pwned
Ash sends out Aipom
Aipom saves the day after a tough battle

And it looks like Roserade has Weather Ball, which is the first really good move I see on a grass type - I'd train a Roserade to be a Sunnybeamer with Weather and Water Sport, making it powerful. :D
There's a flaw in that.

We clearly see Gardenia's Turtwig launching a Leech Seed which makes contact with Ash's Turtwig.

Kendra

Elemental Warrior
Relax, Pikachu doesn't seem to be in the battle.

The battle looks really good, I just hope Staravia accually takes down a pokemon before it gets knocked out. Looks like this is actually going to be a intresting gym match.

mukku12

thats my idea about this battle:
Gardenia send cherubi
Ash send turtwig
turtwig has some big problem with cherubi and ash recall it and send staravia and it kick cherubi *** then Gardenia send her turtwig ash recall starawia and send turtwig and it loose its aipom turn after tough battle it win against turtwig then battle with roserade and easy get beaten and itss time to staravia and it finnaly win ash get badge and the end of episodes

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
This is my gym battle prediction

Staravia vs. Cherubi(Staravia is winning against Cherubi so Gardenia switches out)
Staravia vs. Turtwig(Gardenia's Turtwig beats Staravia)
Turtwig vs. Turtwig(Ash's Turtwig beats Gardenia's Turtwig)
Turtwig vs. Cherubi(Turtwig beats Cherubi)
Turtwig vs. Roserade(Roserade wipes the floor with Turtwig)
Aipom vs. Roserade(Aipom beats Roserade)

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Here is my prodictions

Turtwig v cheribu (turtwig gets recalled because it gets tired.)
Starvia v cheribu (starvia wins)
starvia v turtwig (starvia loses)
Turtwig v Turtwig (ash turtwig wins)
Turtwig v rosesandra (turtwig loses)
Aipom v rosendra (Aipom wins.)

ShadowDragon16

We all know how Ash will win. Roserade uses Weather ball and it morphs into a fire ball, Aipom uses Focus punch to sent it back at Roserade, since roserade is in mid are, it can't dodge, and grass types are extremely weak against fire, Roserade gets hit and faints.

Wow! Aipom gets to battle Roserade...at least the battle looks good. Grass Knot and fire-weather ball looks kinda cool, I wonder if Aipom will learn anything new? Anyway, it's sad Staravia doesn't get to battle at the end, but I'm sure we'll see it shine. Anyway, can't wait to see this gym battle...I guess it's about time for Aipom to finish off a gym match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.