• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP Arc End revealed?

dman_dustin

u mean three episode BW will air sept 23 much like DP in sept 28 2006

What do you mean, and who are you are you talking to?

DP ends the September 9th, so the 16th is up for grabs, either it's a break (because DP aired two episodes the ninth, or for some other reason), or BW is actually starting on the 16th. We just have no confirmation right now on what's happening the 16th. While I have no doubt the 23rd will be B/W, it's just uncertain how it will play out given that DP is ending the 9th.

Edit: I mean we only have 2 Thursdays unknown, the 2nd and the 9th, which means, we are likelier to only get 2 episodes rather than the ideal 3 episodes.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil

DP ends the September 9th, so the 16th is up for grabs, either it's a break (because DP aired two episodes the ninth, or for some other reason), or BW is actually starting on the 16th. We just have no confirmation right now on what's happening the 16th. While I have no doubt the 23rd will be B/W, it's just uncertain how it will play out given that DP is ending the 8th.

Edit: I mean we only have 2 Thursdays unknown, the 2nd and the 9th, which means, we are likelier to only get 2 episodes rather than the ideal 3 episodes.

Darn new list...

DP 190
End of Takoto battle, Sinnoh League,(first five minutes...) Paul and Barry's goodbye, (Next 7 minutes) Brock and Dawn's Goodbyes, (8 minutes) Ash seeing and starting to battle Gary (Last one minute)

DP 191
Rest of Gary battle, Pallet Town, Oak's, New clothes, Boat or Plane to Isshu followed by Team Rocket...

Torpoleon

DP ends the September 9th, so the 16th is up for grabs, either it's a break (because DP aired two episodes the ninth, or for some other reason), or BW is actually starting on the 16th. We just have no confirmation right now on what's happening the 16th. While I have no doubt the 23rd will be B/W, it's just uncertain how it will play out given that DP is ending the 8th.

I'm pretty sure that on Sept. 16, 2010, there is another Naruto Shippuden Special, so the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Saga would end on Sept. 9, 2010 with Pokemon: Best Wishes! starting on Sept, 23, 2010.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Well, its been one hell of a run. I remember rushing home to my computer to watch the first episode of DP. After the first episode with Dawn, I was hooked.

We got some awesome plot twists, Cool new rivals, and an all around better story this time around. Sinnoh pretty much just beats all the other regions in terms a awesomeness.

Which is why it sucks to see it end like this. I honestly don't think any other region can top this one, as it was the first one I actively followed after Kanto instead of having to resort to watching reruns and the likes of that. Every episode of DP, I made it a point to watch when it first airs instead of waiting for the dub.

So with that, I say goodbye to probably the best arc of Pokemon ever made. And if Best Wishes doesn't get me interested soon, then this may be my goodbye to the Pokemon Anime as well.

dman_dustin

I'm pretty sure that on Sept. 16, 2010, there is another Naruto Shippuden Special, so the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Saga would end on Sept. 9, 2010 with Pokemon: Best Wishes! starting on Sept, 23, 2010.

Which makes me hope DP will end with a special. However there are times when Pokemon took a break for no reason (well it wasn't because of Pokemon) and aired a special the following week, So that might happen here.

Ideally the best situation is DP190 airs on the 2nd of September, then the 9th airs the final two episodes of DP (as a special, which means there was actually 3 episodes unknown instead of 2). Then the 16th is a break to make up for the fact Pokemon had a special the week prior. And then the 23rd has a Best Wishes premier special airing the first two episodes of Best Wishes, followed by another break for Naruto, then we just go on like normal (with the occasional specials and breaks for various reasons).

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Yeah, Sinnoh has been quite the ride. I haven't followed a saga of the anime this actively since the days of Johto, but Sinnoh has easily been the best. Comparatively brilliant character/Pokemon development, interesting rivals, a legitimately threatening villianous team, more emphasis on in-game characters instead of random COTD's, and a better overall balance of story and action are some of Sinnoh's defining qualities. From what I've seen, B/W looks...alright. I intend to give it a fair chance, but if it fails to impress me, this may finally mark the end of my interest in the anime.

Still, I have nothing but the best wishes for...Best Wishes.

Silver_Seoul

The arcs have gotten progressively better. If anything, BW will be much better than DP. Call it optimistic, but there's no denying that:

Indigo Kanto: Horrible, had nothing going for it aside from Humor.
Johto: Just as terrible, if not worse due to the fillers.
Hoenn: Getting better, seeing some new stuff hook people on.
BF: Getting really good, people like seeing the way everyone is being handled.
DP: Just absolutely full of surprises. Most unpredictable saga to date.

So going by progressively better, shouldn't BW be even better than DP?

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
I I'll miss DP my favorite saga next to Hoeen, Isshu looks not a appealing at all I will etch the first three episode then give up on it the character design looks really odd lame and not realistic compared to the older characters like dawn misty may Brock Tracey

STICKTOPIA

Ok I'm sick of this Naruto nonsense! It's seriously annoying. We would have been farther in pokemon if it wasn't for it. Whenever BW starts I hope DP ended the week before.

Rex Kamex

It could be that we might get one more double episode. So, Sept. 9, 2010 is when the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl Series is supposed to end in Japan? Too bad that they couldn't have gotten one more week. At least it gives the writers some time to work on the finishing touches for Pokemon: Best Wishes!.

But by this point whatever's airing on the 23rd is already done by now...

Curfy97 said:
but... but... I DON'T WANT DP TO END!!!! AAAAAAHHHH!!!!!! TT_TT TT_TT TT_TT

On the other hand/bright side, there are nearly 200 episodes to go back and watch...

HoennMaster

I just realized something today. I'm sadder that DP is ending then I ever was for AG and possibly the OS.

I don't get why people always say things are rushed.

Pokémon fans love to *****, moan, whine, etc.

At least it gives the writers some time to work on the finishing touches for Pokemon: Best Wishes!.

They've already done it. By now they probably have at least 10 episodes done at the minimum.

Ok I'm sick of this Naruto nonsense! It's seriously annoying. We would have been farther in pokemon if it wasn't for it. Whenever BW starts I hope DP ended the week before.

And I'm sure Naruto fans say the exact same thing when Pokemon takes its timeslot for a one hour special. We wouldn't be any farther since the writers plan way ahead of time.

If anything, it's possible Ash won't need to go back home. He has access to all of his Oak'd Pokemon right now. Maybe after the Semifinal match, he'll deposit his Pokemon and head straight for Isshu, where he will then get new clothes or something.

He has always had the option and he's never done it before. This won't be any different.

Silver_Seoul

Pokémon fans love to *****, moan, whine, etc.

Well there is no denying this League is rushed, it just depends on how certain people are whining about it that makes it seem immature.

And I'm sure Naruto fans say the exact same thing when Pokemon takes its timeslot for a one hour special. We wouldn't be any farther since the writers plan way ahead of time.

They sure didn't seem to be planning well enough when we had an entire year's break from Ash getting his eighth badge...

He has always had the option and he's never done it before. This won't be any different.

Actually I'd prefer that happen. It'd save a lot of the time we've already lost, and I figured out the way it could work, too.

HoennMaster

Well there is no denying this League is rushed, it just depends on how certain people are whining about it that makes it seem immature.

They sure didn't seem to be planning well enough when we had an entire year's break from Ash getting his eighth badge...

The league really isn't that rushed. They are just cutting out the filler and only showing the major battles.

Yes, back when they had no idea when Black and White were going to come out.

STICKTOPIA

Yea but then there's no pokemon episode the following week....

Silver_Seoul

The league really isn't that rushed. They are just cutting out the filler and only showing the major battles.

Yes, back when they had no idea when Black and White were going to come out.

And even the major battles have been rushed. Nando's doesn't deserve the explanation, Barry and Paul was one-sided [though I never expected Barry to put up a good fight in the first place,] Conway's was decent. The only problem? Every battle this far has been a three on three. That means Ash gets just two Six-On-Six's. Isn't that what he got in Kanto? Or was it just one? Either way, seems rushed and unorganized to me, especially running so close to the end.

And here you contradict where you said we wouldn't be any further. If they planned far ahead the way you said they did, I'm pretty sure the League would have started sooner and we'd be getting some good battles. Not saying we'd be getting a whole boat-load more than what we have now, but there'd undoubtedly be some improvements.

thunderblade12

Hopefully the 9th can be an hour long finale at least...

I remember PAKEPAKE saying that he heard that DP would end with 192 episodes a while back. He doesn't provide proof, but he's right more often than not.

Manene!

Maybe Ash will start "Best Wishes" off in Pallet Town? It's never happened before, but it would allow them to have some focus on Ash while Iris, Dento, and Isshu are introduced on their own before Ash meets them?

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

Hopefully the 9th can be an hour long finale at least...

I remember PAKEPAKE saying that he heard that DP would end with 192 episodes a while back. He doesn't provide proof, but he's right more often than not.
186, 187, and 188 is the Ash vs Paul battle and 189 is the start with the LT so basically there are 189 episodes of DP so far. PAKEPAKE may be right and if he's right then Ash will definitely lose.

thunderblade12

I'm guessing DP189 will be the last episode of the League. Ash vs Paul will probably end at the very beginning of DP188 with Ash vs Takuto taking up the last 10 minutes of that episode.