1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

DP Fire Types...

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Räven Velish, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Räven Velish

Räven Velish black lives matter

I hated DP Fire types! If you didn't use Infernape, your only choice was Rapidash! And the rival uses Rapidash, so basically, if you have an Empoleon as your starter, don't like to use pokemon the rival has, and want a Fire type in game, then you are pretty much screwed. And Rapidash isn't that liked, and is not even a native Sinnoh Pokemon! There always was Magmortar, but that was wasn't even capturable in Diamon and Pearl. So, what are your thoughts about DP fire types?

2. gb3

gb3 Member

I have each starter because they are my greatest and are my last resort if things get rough during battle I can always switch to ho-oh he is my second strongest Empoleon is my third

3. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

I just bred a new Chimchar, and gave it to my game so I could have both him and Piplup

4. Sceptile40

Sceptile40 The One...

I reluctantly used Rapidash. But a fire type in that game isn't really necessary.

5. 32er

32er TM87? I got TM32 :]

I used Rapidash, but I don't mind because I actually like Rapidash. :)

6. Mudkipzroks

Mudkipzroks I like being nice!

I used Raoidash aswell because i chose torterra as my starter

7. ☭Secret_Shocker☭

☭Secret_Shocker☭ Well-Known Member

I also had a rapidash. But I felt like fire types in those games aren't really necessary.

8. sigh

sigh New Member

Infernape is the best fire type in this game and all the rest. Its the fastest Fire Type(Speed=108) and has 104 Defense and Special Defense and can totally own an Empoleon with a singe Close Combat.

9. AceFlonne

AceFlonne Mediator

I never bothered with fire types since I barely used them so the problem of DP fire types doesn't really bothered me

10. sigh

sigh New Member

Fire types are truly not needed. Normal types can act as a better substitute imo as they too can learn a handfull of Fire type moves.They only have a weakness to Fighting types whereas Fire types have weakness to Ground water and Rock types!!

11. Lord of Fire

Lord of Fire The Great Conqueror

I love fire-types! My 2nd fav. type! Also, most fire-type starters are really good

12. Earth Wolf-Howl

Earth Wolf-Howl Nuzlocker

I'll be using a Rapidash, mainly for the second Gym, but I like Rapidashes, so I don't mind.

13. WastingLight

WastingLight Well-Known Member

I have Infernape as my fire type, but it didn't bother me really because like most people have said, you don't really need a fire type in Diamond and Pearl.

14. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

As a Fire-type lover, I was extremely disappointed at the lack of Fire-types in DP. I do like Rapidash, but it's not really all that powerful, and for some reason, Infernape just doesn't click with me too well (every time I choose it, it seems like I get one with really bad IVs or something, because its stats don't quite measure up to the rest of my team, usually). Honestly, there was no reason for DP not to include at least one more Fire-type line (I would have at least liked to see Vulpix or even Growlithe), and I never understood why Magmortar and the "pre-gen evo" part of the Pokedex wasn't accessible until after the Elite Four (IMO, that was a cheap way to make Platinum seem better). Also, Flint was a joke in DP, seeing as he had three non-Fire types on his team! If Game Freak knew they were only going to put two Fire-type lines in the game, why didn't they pick a different type for him?

Sorry for the rant, but yeah, that really gets on my nerves. At least they fixed the problem in Platinum, but like I said, it was a cheap move on Game Freak's part.

15. Cpt_Justice

Cpt_Justice feraligatr ftw

Can anyone think of another instance where a type aside from rare ones- ghost/dragon/steel/dark had such a scarcity in a generation?

16. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

Well, there were only three Poison lines in BW, and three Electric lines in DP. But Fire-types really got the shaft before Platinum fixed things. One Fire line besides the starter is ridiculous.

17. PinkPrincess

PinkPrincess I'm magical

I had a Flareon :p

18. KenoShay

KenoShay Sinnoh Champ

Same here flareon and infernape

19. G50

G50 No longer posting

I didn't only having Rapidash and Flareon to use with Empoleon.

I had Quick Claw and Grass Knot to make not having a Fire Type not being too much of an issue.

20. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

Can't you use Houndour/Houndoom? I didn't bother with a fire type in Sinnoh, anyway.