• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP Fire Types...

Sohryu

Be a Man!
It was all fine for me using Rapidash. He can be "The Guy" if you know how to use it correctly. That was also mine 'dash : Megahorm/Flare Blitz/Return/Agility
My Problem witth 'Dash was his Movepool. It was so poorly! Couldn't bother with him when i had a Infernape.

But yeah, Diamond & Pearl does lack fire types, it was sad, but not a problem

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Must admit, that's why I don't really use fire types in my team, aside from starters because they don't really appeal much to me. That's why in Platinum, you could use better fire types, otherwise, fire types aren't really a big necessity to your team, but they help.

Ferrin

Easily Lost
my gabite knows flamethrower,and i just found out that her sp. attack is really low compared to attack. its still very destructive a nature that increases sp. attack without lowering attack is helpful

Sohryu

Be a Man!
^
What? It's way better to use his Attack rather than Sp Atk. Garchomp will always deal more damage with it's own STAB, specially if they're Physical like it should be.
Fires Types are only useful 'cause certains teams tends to be weaken to that specific type (A.K.A Fire), otherwise Fire types is useless if not for that main purpose. This only apply to In-Game, sure xD

Fabulous Ampharos

Pokemon Breeder :3
I did have a fire type, but all it was is Infernape. I pwned a lot of gyms with him.

Cutty

Forever now

Fire pokemon species is scarce in D/P, fire pokemon fans might hate the game.
I seldom use fire mons in my team. They're quite varied in 5th gen though, but strange thing no fire gym n elite four.

Ferrin

Easily Lost
^
What? It's way better to use his Attack rather than Sp Atk. Garchomp will always deal more damage with it's own STAB, specially if they're Physical like it should be.
Fires Types are only useful 'cause certains teams tends to be weaken to that specific type (A.K.A Fire), otherwise Fire types is useless if not for that main purpose. This only apply to In-Game, sure xD
flamehrower is really nice to have for battling all the scary ice types that do x4 damage and steel types with high defense and my sp. attack is catching up to attack because of its mild nature

munchlaxguy

The Rolling Thunder
I didn't even use a fire type I am just going to get a Sneasel for my 6th slot :p but it's true there is a very big lack of fire types its terrible >_<!

blackterminator3

I actually find no problems with fire Pokemon from this region and game. All you have to is train them. I have a well trained Infernape which knows decent moves.

I was quite frustrated with this myself. But I feel that the new Pokemon introduced in the 4th gen were flexible enough to compensate for the loss.

Jaguartail

I never use fire types aside from the occasional fire type starter in the first place; so it really didn't bother me at all.

Natsuri

I'm really disappointed that there aren't native fire types from Sinnoh (besides the starter). The first time I played Diamond I used Rapidash. It was ok since I don't dislike it. But when I restarted the game, I decided to have only Sinnoh-native pokemon in my team and never mind if I can't have a fire type in it.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
While there were short comings in these games when it came to Fire types, it wasn't too big of a problem. I like Rapidash but I didn't use one. I just found something else that could have a fire move or went without. Some variety and options would have been great though.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
I didn't actaully use a Fire Type, but I eventually used Magmorter.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I know, I'm not the only one who think about that, thanks !
So, my starter was defenitely Piplup, so, the only choice was Ponyta, but I hate it. Anyway, have a fire Pokémon in this game is useless to me.
Roark : Useless.
Gardenia : Flying type, Starly, Gust by my Drifloon and Peck of my Piplup.
Maylene : Useless. Only for Lucario, but with 2 or 3 BubbleBeam I was alright.
Crasher : Useless of the useless.
Fantima : Useless...
Byron : Only for Bronzor (I JUSTE HATE THIS POKÉMON). For the others, Water/Fight is good too.
Candice : Could be usefull, but if you have Fight/Steel and Flying type for Medicham.
Volkner : Ground, Fight for Ambipom and Thunder for Octillery...

Aaron : Flying, Ice and Psychic types do the trick.
Bertha : Useless.
Flint : Useless.
Lucian : BRONZOOOONG
Cynthia : Roserade, you could use Psychic, Flying and Ice types... For Lucario, could be good.

SSPt17

Rare Trainer
LOL don't bother about fire-types. They have few resistances and many weaknesses. Just use a pokemon with a fire-type move(i.e garchomp w/ fire fang)--just be sure to fully train garchomp's attack stat because fire fang only has 65 base power.Another option is to breed a riolu w/ an egg move blaze kick. Skuntank's flamethrower seems okay but it's stats are mediocre.