• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP hints at a GS remake?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
:eek: DragonRanger, you said that 8 times. Lots double post, but ...... octuple (?) post?

Anyway: I am so sick of people saying the only reason they made FRLG was to make all the pokemon available. I'm sure that was a reason, but they main reason for all the games is the same: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Admit it, a GS remake would sell big time. So let me challenge all you people with a counterquestion: Why wouldn't they make a GS remake?

MidnightStorm

^^ Thats a good point, cause they are a company after all, and need money in order to maintain business. It might happen, and I would like to see one, but then again, after PBR, what are they going to work on next?

~Emy!

Hello world!
I thought the reason was that in the manga Red and Green went to the sevii islands which was near Kanto I think, but I don't know.

Iron Lugia

Orange Champion
^^ Thats a good point, cause they are a company after all, and need money in order to maintain business. It might happen, and I would like to see one, but then again, after PBR, what are they going to work on next?

Best chance is the third installment of DP.

Pokemon Obsidian, maybe?

I agree that DP hints at a Johto remake.
There are constant and continuous references to Johto, which make me giddy.
I'm not expecting one, but the evidence supports.

Aguamenti

Ravenclaw Pride
I hope they make a Johto remake, it's my favorite region (probably because my first pokemon game was Gold). The references could be because they want to make the gamer feel more connected with the other regions and stuff.

I've seen the Johto references too. Could be perhaps..

Even the Manaphy movie hinted at D/P too.

Drkecho

Retired
Although I know they are not going to make one but in Valor Lakefront theres a man in a house thats says he wants to go to the Whirl Islands and wants to take you there. People stop beliving this cause this is more of a fan based not Gamefreak's ideas

Eszett

one love
I'm pretty sure someone asked this at Pokemon.com and they basically said "no, you can catch everything in D/P".

Don't thank me for ruining your party.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Spirit crushing though Eszett's comment may be, I still hold hopes for a G/S/C remake on the DS. I refuse to believe that the only incentive for making FireRed and LeafGreen was Pokemon availability. There was that, true, but there was also the profit that is garunteed to accompany any new set of Pokemon RPGs. Even if it's only a glimmer of hope, I can still forsee remakes in the future due to:

1) Profits. Nintendo showed us last generation that it's not content to just let one set of Pokemon games languish until the next arrives. The Third Generation brought us Ruby, Sapphire, Colosseum, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, and XD. Sure these games served the added purpose of making Pokemon available, and thus added incentive for purchase, but I'm sure Nintendo cashed in big time with these games. We'll see the inevitable companion/upgrade to Diamond and Pearl, but Nintendo will likely want to line its pockets by producing another set of Pokemon RPGs before Generation Five rolls around, and what better way to do that than with Gold and Silver remakes.

2) The references. Yes, they are only references, and yes, there are references to Hoenn and Kanto in Diamond and Pearl as well. However, link is still established with Hoenn and Kanto. Doesn't it seem strange that the most heavily referenced region in the games is one that will be nearly unknown to the young children demographic of the series? Your average elementary school Pokemon player will not remember the days of Gameboy Color, so why would Nintendo throw in allusions that serve only to confuse such a key demographic? Consider the following:

Ruby and Sapphire contained multiple allusions to Johto, among them the fact that the main character had moved from Johto, Johto water samples in the Slateport Oceanic Museum, and others. With the arrival of Emerald, all of the references to Johto were removed, while references to Kanto remained. It was as if Nintendo had decided "Ok, you got your Johto Pokemon back. Now kindly forget that region ever existed." There was a deliberate attempt to remove Johto from the Pokemon continuity. That's fine and dandy, but why pour the Johto allusions back into Diamond and Pearl unless a new plan of action is being considered? I find it hard to believe that there would suddenly be heavy references to a region which the existance of was all but denied in previous games, unless some new plans concerning Johto are being made.

So, the references are indicative of a change in attitude concerning Johto, needlessly confusion for younger players lest they should serve as a prelude to new games, and otherwise unnecessary pandering to long-time fans who would have accepted with Emerald that Johto was no more. Remakes would clarify all of this.

Hao Kaiser

Aww... Crap.
Anyway: I am so sick of people saying the only reason they made FRLG was to make all the pokemon available. I'm sure that was a reason, but they main reason for all the games is the same: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Admit it, a GS remake would sell big time. So let me challenge all you people with a counterquestion: Why wouldn't they make a GS remake?

You do realize that these are the same people that, despite waining popularity, have actually made more pokemon even exclusive over the years, don't you? Nintendo, at least most of the time... and this is coming from an uber-Nintendo fan, is quite possibly the most retarded company in the business.

That looks like bad grammar... erm... carry on.

Because all of the Johto Pokémon were obtainable. Between Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, along with Colo and XD, and even some in Fire Red and Leaf Green, ALL of the Johto Pokémon were obtainable. (Cept of course for Celebi, but yeah.)

... So? Everything but Lugia was available without Emerald or XD... They could've just made Lugia an event pokemon, and been done with it, but like Jigglychu said, Nintendo is out to make money (however retarded their methods are...), just like every business. That's why the lack of a GSC remake seems kinda... dumb, for the lack of a better word. It's totally unnecessary, considering the original GSC weren't horrifically programmed like RBY... But a lot of people want them, so there's obviously a demand for it...

Well, at least as much as the pokemon franchise can expect in this day and age.

Anyways, I've always thought that DP had a lot of throwbacks to the older games... Heck, I'd go as far as to say that the starters are based on the first gen guys.

wiz4

is back.
That's right. Almost no elementary schooler that plays pokemon has even heard of Johto. Johto, johto, johto. Maybe they're just doing the references to say "Hey, we gave your Johto back(Well, only the memories and Pokemon)"

Cool_Trainer_Tyrone

Only Train The Best
I'm tired of people being all "Well they remade the Kanto region..why not the Johto one too?!"

Wanna know why it was never remade?

Because all of the Johto Pokémon were obtainable. Between Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, along with Colo and XD, and even some in Fire Red and Leaf Green, ALL of the Johto Pokémon were obtainable. (Cept of course for Celebi, but yeah.)

Kanto was remade to allow people to obtain the Starters and other Kanto region Pokémon that weren't in Ruby, Sapphire and Colo.

yes thats what i was going to metion,but still Johto is my all time favourite region,it would be great to see it make a come back :)

OtterPops

Mareep!
Personally, even though it would be nice, a Johto remake would just make the game less nostalgic. To many, it was their greatest Pokemon gaming experience, as RBY was the start of your adventure... you didn't really understand the concept of the game and you were pretty much a noob. GSC was like your second chance. You weren't an expert yet but not a noob (can't help not using this word) either, making your experience fun and exciting.

Gah that barely made sense, but you guys get my point, right?

-;179;

Eszett

one love
Hey, I want a G/S remake too - I just don't think it will happen given the attitude of the company. Are they going to make every Pokemon catchable in that game too?