• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP Pokédex Question

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
DP Pokédex Question

Now I'm no longer in my sleep deprived state...

Would you rather have the Pokédex done and dusted asap even though we have no sprites or would you rather wait for the sprites

We'ld also have a problem with the 113 new attacks, they wont have names just yet but will have numbers linking them to the attackdex. We'll try and work on names asap.

So...what say you? If you all would rather it happen asap, we should have it done by the end of the Weekend

Laprashunter

Orange Champion
No one cares about the pokedex at this point because many of us don't even have the game.

I speak for everyone when I say, Give us full sprites!!! You must know some people who can rip them from the games.

DoubleX

<-- want it
I'd prefer to wait until we have sprites for everything, and maybe someone could give translations of the attack names or something at that point.

The Pokedex should be more finished than just mini-sprites and lack of attack names, IMO.

Jamers

Pokemon Collecter
I'd rather wait for the sprites. The pokedex isn't needed until everyone else gets the game, really.

Thores

Thunder Trainer
I definitely would not mind waiting for the full sprites and attack names. The Pokedex would just be kind of a pain to look at otherwise.

ace05

SHINOU ELITE4 MEMBER
i can wait for the pokedex and attacks but i want to know one thing can u please try to find out about aipoms evolution what level it evolves otr how to obtain it if that is possible thanks

bsb0130

depends on what you'd be doing instead of doing the pokedex. I mean if we wait for you to put the battle sprites in before you do the pokedex, then what will you be doing until then?
(thanks for all your dp coverage btw...its been great :-D)

Koubagia

Superluminal Porygon
I'd rather have the D/P section finished first, so we know about the game. The Pokédex would be low priority for me, remember that very few people will have the game until an English-language release.

shiny manafi

Sea Prince
I don't see the problem...

BooJoh

Strangely Normal
There are quite a few people who have imported and don't read Japanese. For these people, the Pokedex will be tremendously useful, especially if it tells us what attacks are learned at what levels, and what those attacks do. Having the ability to plan ahead for my R/S import team made things MUCH easier when it came down to knowing whether to delete a move or learn it, etc. The Battle sprites are just gravy on top of what the Pokedex is really about, information.

Destiny-Deoxys

Destiny Deoxys
Search Function? Please?

Yeah.
Finish the game yourself, first. And have fun ;munchlax;

but when you do make the dex. would it be possible for a search function rather than just a drop-down list? I can never find the pokemon I need in the RSEFRLG Dex - mainly the pokemon brought back from GSC, I never know their numbers so I have to look down the list for ages :(

emlan

Sableyes are love
Personally I don't care about attacks and whatever aslong as I can get pictures of the new pokemons, I can't see how setting up the base without images would be a bad thing though? It sounds like a good idea to get it done.
Also I hope we'll get the pics for the old pokemon too, I really want to see their new spritework + the gender differences :D

Regret1017

Eros is sick
Serebii, If you want a very good and easy translating tool, look up JWPce in google, you can download it free from one of the top links. It's a very useful Japanese word processor.

Jinchuuriki Hunter

Johto Champion Ninja
Sprites first! We can wait. Right?

Destiny-Deoxys said:
blah blah blah search function blah blah blah
That's a pretty good idea. A search-for-Pokémon option is exactly what we need to make the Pokédes Poképerfect!