• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP Shiny Discussion and FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Status
Not open for further replies.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Yay, I just hatched a shiny female modest Ralts!! I saved before picking up, so I'm going to try to get some good IV's so I can use it competitively.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
I have currently got two shinies. Both are Floatzels. Levels are now 32 and 50.
Both were random shinies.

Now I am trying to get any shiny that seems relatively easy to chain.

I just Caught my First Pokeradar Shiny!!!! It was a level 4 Abra on Route 203. I used my one masterball on him. I am ecstatic. This is my 3rd shiny on Pearl and every game. My 4th Shiny encounter in every game (Stupid Safari Zone Shiny Seaking, Leaf Green)

Last edited:

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
The IV's are set when the egg is created...
Actually, they're not. The nature, gender, shinyness, and ability are set upon creation. The IV's aren't decided upon until you get it from the Daycare man. Trust, me, I've hatched this one egg about 10 times, w/ different IV's each time, but everything else the same.

wichu

Actually, they're not. The nature, gender, shinyness, and ability are set upon creation. The IV's aren't decided upon until you get it from the Daycare man. Trust, me, I've hatched this one egg about 10 times, w/ different IV's each time, but everything else the same.

Yup, this is true. I've saved on 4 different shiny eggs, and could reset for IVs on each one while keeping the shininess.

lokitheodd

Holy Balogney
Got a Shiny Larvitar today. First time I've ever made it past 38.

Now I'm getting up to my 30's pretty easily, but it hurts my eyes after a while. x.x

Apparently it has a pretty bad nature for a Larvitar. Oh well. I think I'll call it Trotsky to go with its brother, Stalin.

Also, when chaining Abra, try to stick with moves you're sure will hit. I was running out of PP, so I had my Flygon use Hyperbeam just for funsies... and it missed.
Lost the chain at 38, heh.

Last edited:

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
I have taken up a strange liking for Magikarp about 2 weeks ago, so now I'm going to hatch for a shiny one via Masuda method.

Luxraylover

hey im trying to hatch a shiny manaphy. has anyone else successfully done so? been trying for a while now. just curious.

maxelle

Shadow Stalker
It will be a Phione just for the record. A shiny one if you get lucky.

degausser

In the Cookie Jar
successfully chained a a quirky female shiny skitty. woo. it has normalize wouldve prefered cute charm. but yay. first shiny.

wichu

hey im trying to hatch a shiny manaphy. has anyone else successfully done so? been trying for a while now. just curious.

It's only possible to hatch a shiny Manaphy if you trade the Manaphy egg to another game before hatching it. This means you can't SR a shiny Manaphy (since you have to save before trading).
Like all event Pokémon, the game's coded to never give you a shiny one. This can be bypassed by trading it, as the shininess depends on its trainer ID, which will change when it's hatched on a different game. As the game only checks whether it's shiny when you get it, trading it means that it will have the normal 1/8192 chance of being shiny.

So no, you can't reset for a shiny Manaphy normally; you're just wasting your time.

Maxelle: I think he's hatching the Manaphy egg from Ranger, not breeding it with Ditto...

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Man. Why did they event Pokemon impossible to get shiny? I remember being so excited to soft reset for a Darkrai. Then a day later, I heard they couldn't be shiny. I still have my Darkrai waiting for me there, too, lol. It's a shame, really.

I'm posting to say that I have a new shiny! And that shiny is Wobbuffet. I got it at a 39 chain; I was being EXTREMELY selective about which sort of patches I entered, and I just happened to get lucky and got a shiny patch when I was resetting the Radar to go from 39 to 40. I'm very happy with this shiny Wobb, too, because I had to go through many broken chains just to catch it. It was also a ShinyDex Wobb. Dunno how many more I'm gonna catch, not too many, though. I'm going to EV-train this Wobbuffet, then I'll begin hatching for a shiny Riolu again. I'm starting to doubt if one of my Pokemon is truly international, but hey, I've only hatched about 420 eggs so far.

I've also made the decision to give a some attention to Palkia. I want to soft reset for a shiny Piplup, and since I can't find my other Diamond versions, I can only soft reset on Pearl. Meaning that once I get this shiny Palkia, I will probably chain for some nice shinies (Miltank and Misdreavus are the only ones that come to mind that are exclusive/have a better catch rate on Pearl), then start it over to soft reset for a shiny Piplup.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I finally got a shiny Yanmega (as my avatar shows)!! Unfortunatly, it's timid AND has speed boost. I wish it was either Modest or Tinted lense, since they work together better, but it'll do for now.
Also, one of the people I know has a legit shiny Manaphy. He got way too lucky with it in my opinion.

Last edited:

Needs a Deoxys

COKTAL: How did the person get a legit shiny Manaphy? (Just tell me the method)

It's only possible to hatch a shiny Manaphy if you trade the Manaphy egg to another game before hatching it. This means you can't SR a shiny Manaphy (since you have to save before trading).
Like all event Pokémon, the game's coded to never give you a shiny one. This can be bypassed by trading it, as the shininess depends on its trainer ID, which will change when it's hatched on a different game. As the game only checks whether it's shiny when you get it, trading it means that it will have the normal 1/8192 chance of being shiny.

So no, you can't reset for a shiny Manaphy normally; you're just wasting your time.

Maxelle: I think he's hatching the Manaphy egg from Ranger, not breeding it with Ditto...

^This pretty much sums it up. You must get the egg and trade it and if its not shiny, then the only way to try again is to restart Ranger and play through all the way until you get the Manaphy egg again. (yes, I know very unfortunate) So, in this case this person was either really, really dedicated, or really really lucky.^

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
^This pretty much sums it up. You must get the egg and trade it and if its not shiny, then the only way to try again is to restart Ranger and play through all the way until you get the Manaphy egg again. (yes, I know very unfortunate) So, in this case this person was either really, really dedicated, or really really lucky.^

except that the ranger net cant be restarted so you would have to buy a new pokemon ranger game.......

wichu

Or trade the Manaphy egg to another game; it has a 1/8192 chance on each game (other than the original).

Status
Not open for further replies.