1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

DP Shiny Discussion and FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by ellie, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShinyFufu

ShinyFufu Arriving glacially.

Just tweaked my spare Pearl version. :D Shiny Shaymin, here I come!

2. Ammako

Ammako Well-Known Member

Good luck on that!

I have a Diamond version I don't use at all at the moment, I should focus on trying to tweak to reach Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus, and maybe get them shiny =)

It is possible to tweak/use the E4 glitch to reach Hall of Origin too, since Hall of Origin is located in a different place than Spear Pillar... So if we tweak, we could end up at Hall of Origin, and catch Arceus! And also SR for a shiny!

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4k2gn6JSPE

In this video, he reaches the Hall of Origin, but says "Now... We just have to find where Arceus is!" but in reality, I think just pressing X and going in your arty will refresh the map, and you'll be able to see Arceus.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  3. ShinyFufu

ShinyFufu Arriving glacially.

Yes! Finally! After hundreds of broken chains, disgruntled moans, and tossing my DS Cart in disgust, I FINALLY HAVE A SHINY GROWLITHE!

Basically, I was chaining for Growlithe. I had at least four chains break under five on 4-zone patches, which meant I was being a little to careless. This time, however, I took more care, only going into 4-zone patches when 3 - 4 of the patches were sparkly, and I made sure the 4th zone patch wasn't touching any other patches or on the edges. Then, on a 14 chain, I was resetting the Radar, and a shiny patch appeared! I almost missed it becaues I was SRing for shiny Giratina simultaneously, and I looked at the last second.

I'm in a battle with it now! Even if I get just one shiny Growlithe, I'll be satisfied because I love it sooo much.

Now if only I could have this kind of luck with Giratina...

And obtaining this shiny Growlithe will finally allow me to breed for a shiny Riolu with peace of mind. Ah, things are just felicitous right now!

4. Raikaria

Raikaria You will obey!

As I wondered around Wayward Cave, I found my first ever Platinum shiny, one that cannot be chained, or at least, not unless you're in one particular Route.

A Shiny Zubat! Turns out to have a 30 IV in defence as well, and attack and speed seem decent. Gonna use it in my team for the shinyness.

5. DreamKeeperJeri

DreamKeeperJeri Shiny Hunter Jeri

I caught my first shiny, ever! ^__^ After 64 eggs, a sweet little vulpix hatched out shiny. I'm so happy!

Now to get a shiny Feebas! I bet I won't be so lucky on this one.

6. Ee-vee

Ee-vee Pokemon lover

The only shiny DP pokemon I've ever caught was a shiny Kricketot.
    Not much to brag about there, ahaha.

7. lokitheodd

lokitheodd Holy Balogney

I am doing pretty well with his Dodou swarm. I got three shiny so far. They're green too, which surprised me. I thought shiny Dodou were silver.

Either way, I'm hoping to trade off two of them.

Nnngh. Resetting so many times in a row is no fun.

8. prince_je07

prince_je07 Shiny Tamer

90 eggs for spiritomb and still no shiny..huhuhu

9. shinyS33ker

shinyS33ker Please be shiny

im new to this shiny hunting thing i am currently huntin 4 a shinx my highest chain is 42 but still no shiny;355;

10. tonyg44x

tonyg44x Poke-Ballin'

well after eleven shiny ralts...
    i've concluded that my adamant syncer works.
    The only down side is that 9 out of the 11 are female
    and the two males aren't adamant
    i've decided to chain ralts for the 4th time and hopefully the adamant male will be mine

@shinyS433ker
    adamant nature boosts the attack stat of said pokemon "ralts"
    and seeing how gallade's attk is it's best stat i want one that can have it's attk maxed
    and only male ralts can evolve into gallade..
    and gardevoir has horrible attk...
    so you see my frustration

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  11. shinyS33ker

i dont get the whole nature thin y u wnt adament nature

oh i get it now iv got a gallade thea r pritty kwl

i hav no good luk wt so eva wen it comes to shinies my highest chain is 42 second is 40 and third is 38 and all ov these r for a shinx but still no shiny

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  12. Vespiformation

Vespiformation Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get shiny giratina, on my pearl game (just somthing to do while i soft reset on my diamond and platinum at same time) and so im saved next to it and just soft reseting, that will work wont it? The shinyness isn't decided at the start of the game is it, e.g like latios in 3rd gen.

13. Pimplup784

Pimplup784 Back in Blue?

Has anyone confirmed that rumour that popped up awhile ago about getting shinies while fishing? The one where if you get your chain up to 40 and then fish, there might be a higher chance of a shiny while fishing? I don't remember how that turned out, so if someone could enlighten me, I don't have to waste my time later ;).

14. kirkeastment

kirkeastment Completing The Trio

No it won't be true, even if you were near water to fish whilst chaining, it would break your chain as soon as you tried.

15. ROOSTERX

ROOSTERX New Member

GUTTED!!
    The 1st wild shiny i ever saw in the game was in PKMN Diamond, i see a shiny skuntank and got really excited but it attacked first and used memento and killed itself :p
    I was soooooooo cheesed off and i have never seen a wild shiny since lol

16. shinyS33ker

dam, i havnt even seen 1 in diamond yet

17. shinyS33ker

dam, i havnt even seen 1 in diamond yet

18. VTUSH

VTUSH <---Hatched

no i'm pretty sure some guy ages ago was telling us how he chained to forty and then fished but you had to defeat the pokemon to continue the chain but it doesn't increase the chain it just reset the patches.
    But not sure if he was telling the truth.

yes that'll work

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  19. Micha

Micha Well-Known Member

Easy to test, isn't it? Go make a chain of 2 and try fishing.. If it breaks the chain instead of just resetting the patches, then it wont work at 40 either.

20. kirkeastment

kirkeastment Completing The Trio

I just tested it. I was in the small grassy area in Lake Verity on a chain of 1 bidoof. The bottom two patches of grass sparkled yellow, and they were the only two patches.

I left the grassy area to get to the water, but the chain was still going.

I fished up 2 seaking and a gyarados. My chain remained at 1.

What i did notice though, was that after defeating all 3 of the fished up pokemon, rather than new patches being selected from the grass, the same 2 patches from before were selected. However they differed.

On a chain of 1: Patch 1 & Patch 2 Sparkled.

On a chain of 1: After defeating a Seaking, both patches shook.

On a chain of 1: After defeating a Seaking. Patch 1 shook and Patch 2 sparkled.

On a chain of 1: After defeating a Gyarados: Both patches sparkled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.