• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP Shiny Discussion and FAQ [Read all of first post if you don't want an infraction]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
In Diamond (long ago) I encountered a shiny Ponyta a random shiny that I actually caught!
I also saw a shiny Zubat but MIRA THE STUPID GIRL WITH THE KADABRA! (the girl with pink hair.) Killed it!

~King-Milotic~

Shiny Collector
hey people, long time no post for me.Anyway I caught a shiny Mareep whilst chaning the other day (caught it on a chain of 22). Ive evolved it into Ampharos and am currently training it for the Shaymin UK event next week :). Im also breeding for a Gligar but doubt ill get that too soon.. never mind im happy with the shinies Ive got :)

serebiifreak

...BRING IT!!!
My first shiny was a Nidoran(M) in FR. I was "conveniently" watching pokemon and when I looked back on the screen I was like: uhhh too much TV. But on the safe side I caught it and checked it. Sure enough it was a shiny(I never even knew shiny pokemon existed in the first place)

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Edit: Added nickname. Oh! You get Golem by trading Gravler to someone else!

Just like several other pokémon..

Anyway, I was chaining yesterday and after a chain of 39 I caught a shiny girafarig.:D

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
just a quick question with the old rod can only catch a magikarp if you keep using it will it be like chaining?

No, chaining refers only to the 'grass' method.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I think i got a shiny togepi in platnum... but how can you tell? plz help!
If you look at its status page, it should have a red star next to its picture and its pokemon number will be written in red/pink on the status page. Also, there will be a "shiny" animation when you send in out in battle.

Pikachu-Z

super awesome!!!
i am trying to get a shiny rayquaza on my ruby by doing soft resets and i am having no luck after like 120 soft resets -_-

do you guys know how many resets does it usualy takes?

GeminiDragon

I AM THE NIGHT!!!
the other day i was in the marsh in pastoria city looking for a tangela to use in my team and the ones i found kept running away. I started to watch tv while i was searching and i just heard the shiny noise and it was a shiny tangela. i caught it with the first ball i threw but the only bad thing is that it is impish but im still using it anyway. now it is a tangrowth

GeminiDragon

I AM THE NIGHT!!!
the other day i was in the marsh in pastoria city looking for a tangela to use in my team and the ones i found kept running away. I started to watch tv while i was searching and i just heard the shiny noise and it was a shiny tangela. i caught it with the first ball i threw but the only bad thing is that it is impish but im still using it anyway. now it is a tangrowth

While going through the Eterna forest with Cheryl, I encountered a shiny Cascoon.
I was terrified her Chansey would make it faint, so I knocked it out. ;D I had like 5 Poke Balls and a Great Ball left, and all but one failed.
I didn't think I was going to catch it, but the last one finally worked.
Could've been a better Pokemon, though. :p

Hiboxx

Dang! A Fat Person!
I Caught A Shiny Regigigas! I Got My Master Ball Out Of My Messed Up Fire Red Version, Got my regis, went down to try to CATCH it for the millionth time, and BANG! Shiny!(too bad it sux)

DA DA SWSH

<Still Hunting!

WOW what a cawinkadink i got my shiny tangela in LG at 3900 encounters YAY lol I also happen to be from georgia lol

guilherme XX

Karkulo Makulhera
Since 7th February I've been SRing for a Shiny Giratina and after two complete months, 7th Aprill, I've finally caught it. I have no ideia how many resets I did.

I can't be any happier, I caught it with ONLY ONE QUICK BALL, and the sync worked so I have a 100% legit Bold Shiny Giratina :D

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA47zBk2rLo

Sorry about the quick ball scream, I was very happy

Waluigi

I finally caught my first shiny ever after playing pokemon for nearly nine years! I was going through the Ravaged Path when I encountered a blue Psyduck (out of all pokemon it had to be a Psyduck...). Well, I'm still pretty happy though because it is my first shiny ever so no complaints there!

Status
Not open for further replies.