• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP079 Title

Isis-sama

Realistically, the only way Dawn could win is if a miracle happened, either Piplup conveniently learning a new attack or something similar or May screwing up royally. She's shown talent in battling (if not appeals) but she's still a complete rookie, so I honestly can't see her winning against someone with so much experience than her like May. I could see the match being close or maybe a tie, but not an out-and-out win.

That being said, in a competetion like this, with likely other talented coordinators than May coming in from other regions to participate, even getting to the finals is an accomplishment for someone like Dawn. Hopefully someone will point that out to her, since she likely won't realize it on her own.

Vexen

Organization XIII
i dont know i have a feeling this will end with a draw or may winning, though i am hoping dawn could win. with her recent losses she could use a good win. and btw has it been confirmed she has wartortle or are u just assuming?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Piplup could use Bide attack to win too. Imagine a scene where Wartortle is beating the crap out of it, and then Piplup uses Bide to throw back the damage at 2x and knocks Wartortle out.

If Dawn was using any other Pokemon it would bother me if she beat her, but since she's using Piplup and May is using Wartortle instead of her strongest Pokemon like Blaziken, then Dawn winning could be believeable.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Garchompman can you spell? If you can then spell your words properly. Anyways it's a well known fact that May should win this because unlike Dawn May had real rivals and actually could do contests.

That is.....not very good logic. Zoey could probably crush Harley and at least tie Drew, and we haven't seen the full capabilities of Kenny's Alakazam or much of anything up Nando's sleeve. Not to mention a number of May's victories were utterly broken, Kanto-Ash-level mismatches. What you call Dawn "not knowing how to do contests" is actually her career being portrayed much more realistically than May's ever was.

Go Dawn.

EDIT: no clue why this double posted. sorry.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Not to mention a number of May's victories were utterly broken, Kanto-Ash-level mismatches.

I know who I'm talking to, but here goes:

That is a load of bullcrap, since only three of her wins represented some of Ash's cheaper victories. We had one cheap win in Hoenn and sadly two in Battle Frontier, but other than those the rest of her wins represent the norm for this show.

One aspect that IS portrayed more realistically is the appeal round, simply because the standards are higher. But everything else is about the same, Piplup Vs. Prinplup is about the same kind of victory we usually get in Contests anyway.

hatotab

I can't wait for this episode. Hopefully the animation and art will be good :]
I'm really confused on whether Dawn or May will win. If May were to win, I can see her giving Dawn advice (Showing that May has grown up), and it would be great character development on both sides. I'm actually hoping Dawn doesn't win, because seriously, May has more experience and I don't want May to be remembered as "the loser" in sinnoh. I'm not all that fond of them having a tie either, but whatever happens, happens.

Whatever the result is, i'll be looking forward to Dawn getting her confidence back, and seeing her kick *** in future contests!

Durivan

I know who I'm talking to, but here goes:

That is a load of bullcrap, since only three of her wins represented some of Ash's cheaper victories. We had one cheap win in Hoenn and sadly two in Battle Frontier, but other than those the rest of her wins represent the norm for this show.

One aspect that IS portrayed more realistically is the appeal round, simply because the standards are higher. But everything else is about the same, Piplup Vs. Prinplup is about the same kind of victory we usually get in Contests anyway.

There have been plenty of people who have thought many of May’s victories other than the terrible three were either cheap, extremely lucky, or both. Can you at least quit denying that there are people that disagree with your view of May’s matches. I’m not expecting you to change you mind about them, but pretending that those that disagree with you are in some tiny delusional minority is getting old.

The battling so far is improved in DP as well from how I see it. Piplup vs Prinlup may not be all that great but it is still a step up from most of May’s victories. Dawn was at least in the game the whole match even if she only took the lead towards the end.

Blue_Lightning8

Moon Prism Power!
I want to see May perform an appeal since they've been getting better and it's my favorite part of the contest

I agree a tie between May and Dawn is the only way I can see here. Letting Dawn get her self of steme and May not loosing.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
There have been plenty of people who have thought many of May’s victories other than the terrible three were either cheap, extremely lucky, or both.

Who are these "plenty of people?" The same people who are often banned from the forum almost consistently? You obviously don't know them very well. And to claim they are aren't in the minority, is wrong.

Piplup vs Prinlup may not be all that great but it is still a step up from most of May’s victories. Dawn was at least in the game the whole match even if she only took the lead towards the end.

Piplup Vs. Prinplup was definitely a good battle, but how was it any different than May's victories? I wouldn't put that battle on the same level as Beautifly Vs. Medicham or any of Comusken's battles.

Dawn was losing for the beginning of that match before she started using Bide and Whirlpool, that's the same tactics we always see in Contests. A comeback victory after your points are drained has been used in a good number of Contests.

Last edited:

Jeff Zero

It's gonna take some kind of miracle for Dawn to beat May. I mean, we're talking about May here, the queen of BS victories. The only reason I could see Dawn winning is Dawn is a regular on the show now so they'd want to develop her as a coordinator, and with May only doing a guest stint it wouldn't really make much difference if she won or lost.

scrapbook

My Emo Friend
go may win the compition. yah dawn is a mostly a rookie and she new what contest were before may

uber gon

Accept Change
why are people freaking about buizel losing?

did you guys expect Ash to win this competition which is for Co-ordinators.

Why should Ash win this competition when both May and Hikari have more reason to do so.
Hikari should win it because of her confidence.
May should win it because she's making a guest appearance so it would be good to see her win.

I like both May and Hikari but I will be hoping the Hikari wins. She needs this, it will excellent for her to win a competition that had so many co-ordinators participating. A win like this will definitily help her depleting confidence.

As far as Ash goes, I think he will lose to either May or Zoey. I really don't care who he loses to as long as the battle is interesting and not a one sided match.

I don't mind Ash or Buizel losing, but if if they do lose I hope to see them take Zoey with them at least, the girl's got issues.