• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP081 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshtompMan

DestinyTrainer 10yrs
Maybe Paul was taunting Chimchar and Chimchar trys to prove its worth to Paul.

So Paul takes out Chimchar's Pokeball for it to come back in but Chimchar burns the ball to a crisp and goes back to Ash.

Another theory is all this happens right before Chimchar evolves.

So either that or...CHIMCHAR'S GONE COOCOO FOR COCO PUFFS!!!!

Or Chimchar runs away and is later found in Pokemon Mansion.
Unlikely, since Ash'll be worried sick.

scissorX

Don't get me wrong, I am certain that Chimchar will evolve, but I just don't think it will in this episode;

Apart from the tag-arc, aftermath episode and the occasional 'blowing off' of TR, Chimchar has had minimal screentime with Ash - considering the writers are evidently going to rush Gligar's evolution I can't see them doing it with Chimchar as well. Another factor is usually when something evolves its the next gym star, obviously Chimchar won't be used in a Water type gym; even if it is Monferno. Water over Fire is one of the most prominent weaknesses in Pokémon history, rather than Water over ground, and ever since AG the writers have emphasised weaknesses. My final reason is due to the lack of Chimchar in any of the movie 11 pre-release stuff, they announced Gliscor and Swinub this way so why not Monferno? And yes I am aware that they hid Treecko before, and they could be keeping another surprise, but to be honest I highly doubt this when baring in mind the above reasons.

Everyone needs to wait a bit and let us see more of Chimchar, the little monkey's already one of the most interesting Poké's Ash has had to date so don't wish this away!

Geodude

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but my guess as to the reason for Chimchar's rage is that it was a victim of a Swagger attack by Ursaring. Chimchar's eyes kind of look like how a confused Pokemon's eyes look, and Swagger does confuse as well as raise Attack, which could be considered "enraging" the opponent. And the enlarged tail flame could be a visual indicator of its raised Attack.

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but my guess as to the reason for Chimchar's rage is that it was a victim of a Swagger attack by Ursaring. Chimchar's eyes kind of look like how a confused Pokemon's eyes look, and Swagger does confuse as well as raise Attack, which could be considered "enraging" the opponent. And the enlarged tail flame could be a visual indicator of its raised Attack.

i think it was mentioned...forgot what page it was though but i remember something about that somewhere in this thread or another

gliscor&yanmega

i doubt chimcar is confused since it would suck. i think it being ****** off is great. and when arbok got confused by swagger it did not go crazy it just was confused chimchar looks ****** and also confused in a different way. also i dont think it will evoule yet.

latios reborn

How would it suck.. I think it could be swagger in effect come to think of it as it IS confused

dman_dustin

i think its more than confused. Because it it was just confused can you imagine how Ash would react in the sinnoh league when his opponent orders their Pokemon to "Confuse" Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape?

Also wasn't Chimchar confused in his battle against Maylene's Meditite? Chimchar didn't go crazy then, it just clawed a support beam/pillar thing.

latios reborn

It's attack wasn't raised(don't know if that matters) and doesn't swagger screw up the pokemon more then say the confusion attack?

gliscor&yanmega

swaager was used on arbok before and it did not go crazy it just was not knowing what to do and it got it's attack up but it did not try to kill anyone. i doubt it's swaager since chimchar would not have 5 fire tails

latios reborn

They just burst out the tails don't really mean anything that's just how his flame burst out

gliscor&yanmega

confused and anger are different when ur confused u wont attack people in a way chimchar did. u would just feel dizzy and u wont understand whats going on. when ur angry u attack or get ****** like chimchar did

gliscor&yanmega

confused and anger are different when ur confused u wont attack people in a way chimchar did. u would just feel dizzy and u wont understand whats going on. when ur angry u attack or get ****** like chimchar did

latios reborn

well chimchar was probably emotional with the battle it had and that

gliscor&yanmega

well being emtionaly can lead to anger or even confusion but i still dont think it was hit by swagger. if it's confused ok but not swagger. when ursaring headbutted him on the head that seems to be when he loss it. so maybe something got broken in it's head.

dman_dustin

well being emtionaly can lead to anger or even confusion but i still dont think it was hit by swagger. if it's confused ok but not swagger. when ursaring headbutted him on the head that seems to be when he loss it. so maybe something got broken in it's head.

Also it could appear that Ursaring hit Chimchar with Dynamic Punch and before the 4th gen Ursaring could learn it.

But yeah I don't think it's just confusion, I think it has more to deal with Chimchar's bottled up emotions. It is strange though that Chimchar is attacking Ash and not Paul, though it could be because he's also confused.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Also it could appear that Ursaring hit Chimchar with Dynamic Punch and before the 4th gen Ursaring could learn it.

But yeah I don't think it's just confusion, I think it has more to deal with Chimchar's bottled up emotions. It is strange though that Chimchar is attacking Ash and not Paul, though it could be because he's also confused.

i think chimchar is confused, anger, and emtional. i think chimchar attacked ash becaseu maybe chimchar thinks it's not stronger at all maybe weaker. i can c chimchar wanting to go back to paul but at the end chimchar will do something great and stick with ash

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall

Dynamic Punch could happen, but I'm still kind of clinging to the Swagger theory since Ursaring can know it.

I just rewatched the preview again, and by judging from the (eyetwitch?), it could very well be unleashing it's emotions and frustration it developed during it's time under the ownership of Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.