• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP091: The Final Showdown! Pokémon Triathon! Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

red2000

Liger Zero!!!
I'm starting to think they have a poster with all the Pokemon on it and they just threw darts to figure what pokemon to use for this arc

P.S. No Evolution Spec? Now that is the real Surprise this arc

Shaymin~

Ash? Riding a Spoink? Stupid, but cool.

Do they really have to give Brock an Onix? Seriously, if they want to have him ride one of his previous Pokemon, make him ride a Vulpix or something because apparently it's possible to ride something that's less than half your size and weight.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Ash? Riding a Spoink? Stupid, but cool.

Do they really have to give Brock an Onix? Seriously, if they want to have him ride one of his previous Pokemon, make him ride a Vulpix or something because apparently it's possible to ride something that's less than half your size and weight.
Remember that Spoink is a Psychic type & it can use it's telekinesis to carry Ash easier

They could've give Brock & Dawn other pkmn but the writers r so stupid somethimes

Shaymin~

Remember that Spoink is a Psychic type & it can use it's telekinesis to carry Ash easier

They could've give Brock & Dawn other pkmn but the writers r so stupid somethimes
I seriously doubt it's using telekinesis, since in the nature of the Pokemon anime, when a Pokemon uses psychic powers its eyes/body/whatever glows either blue or purple. Ash isn't glowing either.

shac

So, the last task...when it says Chosen Partner, does that mean the ones they got Day 1, or, like, their own?

I think they get to choose a partner from their own team. As the preview shows, Conway is strolling with his Slowking and that likely is his chosen partner.On the other hand students might get to choose a random rental pokemon since that is what they do for the previous two tasks.

Did anyone notice how Aoi is using the "freeze-water" technique with Lapras. Reminds me of the good old orange island days...

BlueDragonfangirl

I saw that, so cute. Wish I could see that whole scene, dang. But yah this episode looks supper funny LOL.

Wow, can't wait for this episode...looks like it will be another fun one. Ash on Spoink, how'd that work out? Especially when Brock and Dawn have "riding" pokemon with them. Anyway, it looks funny haha! So we know some pokemon Ash and co. will use. Cool, can't wait until we see all of them.

Also, if the last pokemon is the partner pokemon they received in the first episode of the arc then awesome! If not, I'm guessing Ash will use Pikachu, Dawn with Piplup, Brock with Croagunk, and Aoi with Shinx (and it seems Conway's going to use Slowking).

Ash riding Spoink... that's cute, but Dawn riding Sharpedo is just... ewww. At least they both seem confident about their goal.

ShadowDragon16

I saw the preview, as for the pokemon they get to get across the lake.

Ash: Mantyke
Aio: Lapras
Brock: Feralagatr
Dawn: Sharpedo

So Mantyke makes it anime debut, also its quiet funny seeing Ash ride a spoink.

It's funny to see Ash get the small pokemon while everyone else is getting the large/evolved pokemon haha. Wonder what Ash is going to do.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Water section:
Ash = Mantyke
Dawn = Sharpedo
Brock = Feraligatr
Aoi = Lapras

Kudos to whoever called this a good opportunity to showcase Mantyke finally. It seems as if the final section does feature the gang's actual Pokemon, since we see Jessie with Seviper and Conway with Slowking.

I'm starting to think they have a poster with all the Pokemon on it and they just threw darts to figure what pokemon to use for this arc

Haha, that actually made me crack up.
I can see that happening, too...I got a poster at WalMart the other day that would actually work for it, too...I think I might try that later, see how many times I can hit that damn Penguin and it's line. Haha.

ANYWHOOOOO.
Damn pervjokes were all taken for the Hikari/Sharpedo thing...still an EPIC Pokemon, though. The only thing that got me through the Psychic Gym in Emerald. Bleh. Damn double battles...

Onix? Bleh.
Dodrio. I can live with that.
Spoink. Epic lols. I'll laugh if Satoshi has to use like. A Magikarp to swim with. And it just flops there. Hah.

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
Ash riding Spoink = comedy! I like the Feraligatr action with Brock and I loved the scene with Conway running with Slowking. lol. This looks way better than the stupid ghost episode. ^_^ But seriously... I knew someone would get Dodrio here purely because it's a triathlon.

I think it's sad that Mantyke has to be showcased like this, to be honest. Just like Froslass, I think it should have its own episode. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to see that manta ray before the gang arrives in Sunyshore City. But to be showcased like this just proves that the ones who wrote this episode lacked consciousness, in my opinion. No offense. They should have sticked with the who-are-you-ish-sh Pokémon. As for Sharpedo/Feraligatr, they're okay, who-are-you-ish-sh-wise, even though I those beasts.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I don't really mind Onix...hopefully Brock will mention having one, though.

Brock having a Fearligatr is neat. Weird, we saw Totodile, Croconaw, and Fearligatr all in this arc.

Foreshadowing, or perhaps just a coincidence? Who knows????
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!

Just like Froslass, I thought it could have its own episode
Um...uh...who said it can't???

And what the hell does "you-ish-ish" or whatever even mean?

thunderblade12

Ash and Spoink are good together; its a pokemon I always wanted him to catch in Hoeen(along with Kecleon) and its good to see Mantyke finally make an appearence

Brock and Onix is for nostalgic purposes only; Feraligatr making an appearence is great. Glad they didn't decide to give him a Blastoise instead

Dawn and Dodrio would have been better if it were a Rapidash. Sharpedo will be like Grimer..weird but fitting

The only part thats a bit of a disappointment is the part where they use their real pokemon. It looks like they arte only using their main pokemon(Pikachu, Shinx, Piplup, Croagunk, Slowking and Seviper.) That means Ash's other 4 pokemon didn't appear for 4 episodes straight

Status
Not open for further replies.