• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP091: The Final Showdown! Pokémon Triathon! Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...uh...who said it can't???

I actually made a mistake, while typing... I edited my post anyway.

And what the hell does "you-ish-ish" or whatever even mean?

And once again, " who-are-you-ish-sh " Pokémon are shafted, underused Pokémon.

dman_dustin

The only part thats a bit of a disappointment is the part where they use their real pokemon. It looks like they arte only using their main pokemon(Pikachu, Shinx, Piplup, Croagunk, Slowking and Seviper.) That means Ash's other 4 pokemon didn't appear for 4 episodes straight

Which is probably why Ash used all six in the Psyduck episode, so they didn't have to appear in this arc...which is sad, hopefully Ash will do something during Dawn's contest like train for Fantina.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Urgh that picture with Aoi blushing at Ash actually makes me feel ill. I don't know, I just hate pairings like that. I didn't like Anabel x Ash and I don't like this.

There's my off-topic, probably going to annoy people shipping rant out of the way.

Seeing Brock ride on Lapras is a little... eh. I would have prefered Lapras to be Ash's across-the-lake Pokemon just for old time's sake. That said, people would probably have gone on about it being foreshadowing. (Although one of my guilty pleasures is Lapras of Luxury so... I could have lived through it just to see Ash on Lapras again.)

I'm a sucker for anything that reminds me of the Orange Islands.

Obligatory laugh at Dawn riding Sharpedo.

uber gon

Accept Change
I'd find it weird if that Sharpedo was anything like Dawn's rental Grimer.

thunderblade12

Wouldn't Sharpedo's rough skin cut Dawn if she sat on it?

Maybe its like Ponyta/Rapidash's flame and they can make it not hurt their trainer

mew-the original

Binchsquatch
Yeah, the Sharpedo's rough skin will rip up her already flimsy skirt. But yeah, I almost threw up at the Aoi blushing part. Geez... I swear she looks like she would be a lesbian. No offense to any lesbians out there. =]

Andywoo

Banned
So............did they only receive their rentals for one episode? With them using others for the actual triathlon? Seems like a waste to me. They could've done something useful with their rentals. I wonder if this will be the episode where TR get all their money?

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
Thunderblade12 is correct! Like a Ponyta's flames cool down if the person touching them is a friend, the same goes for Sharpedo's skin. The skin is only rough enough to shear skin if they want it too. Has to be "activated," you could say.

Proof would be in one of the early Houen episodes, Haruka and Masato managed to touch them aft they warmed up to them and weren't injured (before that, however, they ended up with their skin all scratched up. ^^; )

Last edited:

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
Urgh that picture with Aoi blushing at Ash actually makes me feel ill. I don't know, I just hate pairings like that. I didn't like Anabel x Ash and I don't like this.

There's my off-topic, probably going to annoy people shipping rant out of the way.

Seeing Brock ride on Lapras is a little... eh. I would have prefered Lapras to be Ash's across-the-lake Pokemon just for old time's sake. That said, people would probably have gone on about it being foreshadowing. (Although one of my guilty pleasures is Lapras of Luxury so... I could have lived through it just to see Ash on Lapras again.)

I'm a sucker for anything that reminds me of the Orange Islands.

Obligatory laugh at Dawn riding Sharpedo.

Maybe they thought that onix+ brock is enough flashback time for one episode . XD

The Everlovin' Thing

Fedoras galore
Ha trust me to doubletake when I saw feraligatr, I mean how many times have we seen it. What with the countless fillers in Johto, we should have seen more of it. Also good to get Tamanta outta the way {God what a lazy design}

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
So do we know if the 3rd poke'mon is gonna be rental? If o, I hope Ash gets a big 1. The made fun of him the entire episode. Brock got gr8 poke'mon followed by Dawn.

shac

no, the third pokemon is one from the party of the owner.
Jesse gets Seviper, Ash-pikachu, Aoi-Shinx, Conway-Slowking...we know this much from the preview.
I think its kindda obvious that Dawn will use Piplup while Brock will choose Crogunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.