• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP091: The Final Showdown! Pokémon Triathon! Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

I wish Ash uses some1 else for a change.
Unfortunately given Pikachu's disdain for being in a Pokeball, I don't see how that's possible. Granted Pikachu being out for the running and water race may be cheap as it is, but Pikachu and another Ash's Pokemon during the final lag of the triathon sounds really cheap. I guess Ash assumed that he didn't want to be unfair to the other players so he just chose Pikachu, since it was convienent.

Though I also wish he would use something else, I don't really see the problem of letting Pikachu stay with Professor Rowan and having Ash use someone else.

But then again maybe they don't care (Pikachu is an exception since people knows it hates being in a Pokeball. Remember when Ash had to climb the mountain to face Danny, and how he wasn't able to use any of his Pokemon but Pikachu was there. He wasn't disqualified for just having Pikachu there.) and the only reason why were assuming it's Pikachu, is because its the only one we saw in the preview. Ash could very well be using a different Pokemon than Pikachu (but he probably isn't).

TicoPokemonMaster

Seeing Brock ride on Lapras is a little... eh. I would have prefered Lapras to be Ash's across-the-lake Pokemon just for old time's sake. That said, people would probably have gone on about it being foreshadowing. (Although one of my guilty pleasures is Lapras of Luxury so... I could have lived through it just to see Ash on Lapras again.)

Why is everyone bashing on Brock riding an Onix if other people wanted Ash to ride Lapras. It weird that people complain about Brock and Onix, and that Ash should have riden Lapras. Yes I know that Onix has been done to death but still.

Done get me wrong though I am a fan of the Orange Islands saga as well and would have wanted Ash to ride Lapras for old time sake.

Who rides what Pokémon... I don't see how it matters that much. Afterall, we'll probably only see five minutes of Pokémon riding.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I'm guessing because Onix (and Steelix) are seen all the time, while Lapras rarely appears...or so I assume.

But I'll admit using Onix, which was basically the most memorable of Brock's Pokemon (oxymoron, I know) is odd, when there are so many other Pokemon they could have Brock ride that he didn't own. Guys like Rapidash, Foretress, or Rhydon.

Alfonso

Derpgull
I'm guessing because Onix (and Steelix) are seen all the time, while Lapras rarely appears...or so I assume.

But I'll admit using Onix, which was basically the most memorable of Brock's Pokemon (oxymoron, I know) is odd, when there are so many other Pokemon they could have Brock ride that he didn't own. Guys like Rapidash, Foretress, or Rhydon.

I shed a tear reading the last part of your post, Koro. To think that Brock's poor Forretress is that forgettable that you'd think that he never even had one...

Although I have to admit that I keep forgetting myself.

I guess that the only memorable thing about Brock's Forretress is that it wasn't memorable. Sometimes I actually thought that Brock himself forgot about it, or at least it had left the cast in episodes that I'd missed- seeing it appear again in the odd Pokemon lunchtime scenarios or a random battle gave me a shock once or twice.

Just a few random thoughts.

My other random thought is that I'm a little uncertain if the comment about Dodrio being a hint for Gary x Dawn was actually serious or not. I find my very will to live draining away at the thought.

OH.

Conway is awesome. He and Tracey should appear together and geek. :<

TicoPokemonMaster

Wait a minute I just look at the main site and saw that Brock is riding a Feraligator who said he was riding a Lapras

shac

I, for one is not liking mantyke to appear like this. It should have a whole episode to itself. Its that kind of pokemon that deserves a whole lot of attention in an episode.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Do I spy Ash riding a Spoink? How rofl-worthy.
And what is that ostrich-like leg he is looking at? Dodrio?

shac

Do I spy Ash riding a Spoink? How rofl-worthy.
And what is that ostrich-like leg he is looking at? Dodrio?

yeah, a dodrio. Dawns riding it, in case you do not know already. Interesting how both Brock and Dawn are getting all the big, beastly mons while ash is stuck with the cuddlies..

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
SPOINK =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD But Ash riding it really doesn't look right. And same with Dawn riding Sharpedo D:

In my opinion though, this arc is probably where they throw in alot of pokemon which they don't have plans for so that they get "screen time"

Last edited:

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
well i think this going to be a great episode cant wait to see it
really i hope they get to ride difrerent pokemon for each terrain

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder what kind of personality that Sharpedo will have when it's ridden by Dawn?

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
By the way, what would the winning team get? So far Team Red is 2nd. Would they get an item for coming out on top, or just a diploma or something?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
[IMG139]http://i33.*******.com/4toapy.jpg[/IMG139]

This. What in the hell IS this?!

Ash has to weigh, like 80 lbs. There's no WAY that a 2'4" Spoink could support that much extra weight on its... would you tall it a back? ^^;

Not to mention it looks mighty uncomfortable for Ash.

Last edited:

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~

Ash has to weigh, like 80 lbs. There's no WAY that a 2'4" Spoink could support that much extra weight on its... would you tall it a back? ^^;

Ash:"I need to pee!!!my bladder is gonna explode!!!"
Spoink:"Don't worry,Super Spoink is here to rescue you!"

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Ash:"I need to pee!!!my bladder is gonna explode!!!"
Spoink:"Don't worry,Super Spoink is here to rescue you!"

Oh God!! *dies laughing*

It kinda DOES look like he's holding his crotch, dunnit?

I mean, it's a Spoink. How's he holding on? And WHAT is he holding onto? o_O;

uber gon

Accept Change
I mean, it's a Spoink. How's he holding on? And WHAT is he holding onto? o_O;

I'd say the back of Spoink, but it'd be less funny.:D

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario

If Ash can hold a 100 lbs Hippopotas on his head, the surely he can ride on a Spoink. =P

uber gon

Accept Change
If Ash can hold a 100 lbs Hippopotas on his head, the surely he can ride on a Spoink. =P

Yeah, but Ash has leg support. All Spoink has is its spring tail thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.