• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dp143 & 144

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squaaah

Say WHAT?!

Didn't see that coming! Not until the filler saga at least! Thats pretty cool. I personally hope shes a rival to Ash. From her stance she seems to be being pretty cocky, so she could end up like Barry, a kind of cocky but ultimatly friendly rival.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
which episode is this?

The Johto Festival episode most likely. She may be the Trainer of the Chikorita and Totodile everyone's so excited about.

Soul is talking with an apricorn seller, and since we know that apricorn juice is used to level-up pokethlon stats, she will probably participate to pokethlon and not contests...

That'd a good call on the writer's part. It's a nice change of pace to see girls seriously trying out other venues instead of just stuffing them all into the Contest field and calling it a day. Maybe they'll do a play on the girl's outfit and give her a personality that's not girly-girl. Maybe they'll actually make her good at what she does. *Shock. Awe.*

I'd imagine a Pokethlon Trainer would be more ... well it's hard to describe. I guess " hardened " would do.

~AussieWonder~

Wow what a random surprise! Obviously Soul will be the one showcasing the Chikorita and Totodile, my guess is in the contest that is presumably taking place. Would have been cool for Ash to have a female rival, but oh well......

Well now we know that Dawn will not change her outfit or maybe they will exchange outfit and we will get rid of Dawn. Wonder how Soul would be like?

Waterpokes

So we got a new character? Hopefully be in the main cast and maybe replace you-know-who.

Anyway, since she appeared, I hope for the female trainers sake, that she's a trainer and not a coordinator! She doesn't look like a one time character and if she rivaled Ash, that would be better. She is a girl and almost every girl in this show are coordinators.
I am asking too much, because Soul will become Dawn's rival, unfortunaly....

J-boogie200

This is awesome, but based on her stance, will they make her a Casey clone, I hope not. Cause even though Casey's voice was annoying in the Dub, I liked her and I felt her potential was wasted.

Soul looks cool, hopefully if she just started out we see a fair match with Totodile and Chikorita, then Dawn or Brock will get a battle.

Who knows, she could be a female rival for Ash. This is so awesome. Makes me look forward to these episodes.

Cause I have to be honest, these episodes did not seem as exciting as two years ago when Dawn's career was taking a different turn and the trade and what not.

dman_dustin

She is a girl and almost every girl in this show are coordinators.
I am asking too much, because Soul will become Dawn's rival, unfortunaly....

One tiny problem, Ash as well as Dawn have too many rivals as is. I'm sure someone will get the cut but still.

Also Ash already has Barry it would be unfair if Ash had 2 game rivals while Dawn had none.

Personally I hope she's appearing just for the sake of appearing. As much as I would love Soul to play a huge importance in the anime it's really at an awkward time.

It would only work if Ash does end up being the Sinnoh League Champion. Soul being the first full battle, Barry being the second, and Paul being the final.

Waterpokes

But if you think that's unfair, look at Hoenn.
May had two awesome rivals, while Ash got two rivals in the league, too late actually.
And I feel Dawn rivals are boring, while Ash's not.
Only those one shot characters are worth watching.
And I think that Zoey and Kenny's potencial has been wasted and are quite boring as well.
So I think that Ash will three rivals might be much, but rather have her as trainer then coordinator.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
This is awesome, but based on her stance, will they make her a Casey clone, I hope not. Cause even though Casey's voice was annoying in the Dub, I liked her and I felt her potential was wasted.

Gee whiz ...

The Pokethlon (a sport of an event) seems more up Casey's alley then Pokemon Training ever was. If Soul really is a Pokethlon participant maybe she could face her in one of the Events and possibly become a Rival to her. It seems like a more appealing option then trying to wedge her in between Dawn's 3+ Rivals and Ash's 2 plus the mandatory League Rival this late in the Series.

It's a long shot but seems more likely then some of the other suggestions I've heard.

So we got a new character?

'course we can all just be getting our hopes up and she'd just be a Character of the Day-esque albeit a very notable one. She might only appear in this one episode and that be it.

Lemonade

I don't think she'll be a rival to anyone, honestly. She's in front of an apricorn stand. I think she might showcase the Pokethlon. I certainly hope so anyway, it would be a nice fresh of air after every other girl being a coordinator.

If she does end up being a sort of rival figure, I think she'll either replace Paul after the League or become a harsh mentor for Dawn.

I'm just glad she's appearing. >w< To be honest, I had little hope of her appearing so it's a very pleasant surprise. If she ends up being a one-time character I will be extremely ticked off.

milenadrg

WHAT!? Soul is going to appear in Anime!!:D I am glad she's not going to be like Leaf to never appear, I hope they are going to give her some different name, not Soul...
I hope she's going to have some interesting personallity and Chikorita, too...

Well one pic has changed everything. If she is appearing with Johto starters Chikorita and Totodile(Cyndaquil the fire starter again gets shafted like Charmander in Kanto BF) then this might mean she is going to replace dawn in BF saga. May also had Grass and Water Kanto starter with her and this might be the repetition of same story. So after Sinnoh League Ash and Brock will kick Dawn's *** and Soul will replace her.

SOUL?!? *___*
APPEARING IN THE ANIME?!! O:

I knew they couldn't leave this adorable chick out of the anime. mhm. :]
But yeah, I hope she actually does something ..and is more than in just this episode. D:

BUT OHOH. Vyckseeebaby is going to creeeeam with me! :> ahaha. SOUL!

csisps_26

Roark <3
Soul appearing in the anime is cool. As much as I'd like to see her as one of Ash's rival, I agree that it'll be too many rivals to handle for Ash. I do like the idea of Soul being a first round rival, but I'd like to see her do more. Just being a COTD to introduce Pokethlon is too little, but of course, that's just my opinion. Well, at least she's getting much more than Leaf ever did.

Torpoleon

Wow, this is awesome! This also GREATLY promotes HGSS and I think this episode with DP144 are the first episodes to air after Japan gets HGSS. She is probably Chikorita's trainer and maybe the Totodile is a wild one. aybe Ash remembers his Totodile just like in the Hoenn episode about Donphan where he remembers Phanpy and brings it to the kanto BF. Can't wait for DP143 to air!

J-boogie200

This just shows that the fans now should know that if they don't see things going the way they want it, it's because of promotional reasons. This is why a Skitty joining the ain cast doesn't seem likely.

Semidos

Pokeshipper
Soul will appear only in this episode, because it's special episode. She will not be Ash or Dawn rival and she'll not join to group. Forget it.

This episode will be propably pokethlon episode. I think.

JD

OMG Soul is gonna be in the anime I wonder if she will be a trainer or a cordinator I hope a trainer dp really has been to focused on dawn

GeoFerocious

Super Effective
If Brock goes ga-ga over Soul, then I don't think she'd join the main cast or become a rival. What is he going to do - get turned down by the same girl in every episode?

So if we see hearts fill his eyes and some Poison Jab - I think she's a one time shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.