• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dp143 & 144

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
Damnit. Damn you Nintendo, seriously. We get one puny Cyndaquil from Ash which never evolved, we hardly ever saw Quilava and barely Typhlosion. And now we have Dawn getting a Cyndaquil and making it all girly.

I just want to see a Typhlosion battling in the anime for gods sake.

J-boogie200

Damnit. Damn you Nintendo, seriously. We get one puny Cyndaquil from Ash which never evolved, we hardly ever saw Quilava and barely Typhlosion. And now we have Dawn getting a Cyndaquil and making it all girly.

I just want to see a Typhlosion battling in the anime for gods sake.

Who said we would never see a Typhlosion battle, if you really want to go that deep watch Chronicles with Jimmy in Legend of Thunder. He battled with his Typhlosion against a trainer's Hitmonlee.

And, although I would love for Dawn to win the egg in the battle, especially with Buneary, we don't know the outcome. Dawn could win the egg and give it up to someone else.

Ash did it with Casey.

But like I said before, getting an egg as a Main Character(excluding Max) is like a promotional gift, and it is very inevitable.

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
Who said we would never see a Typhlosion battle, if you really want to go that deep watch Chronicles with Jimmy in Legend of Thunder. He battled with his Typhlosion against a trainer's Hitmonlee.

Seen it, it's not even the main anime and its really short. I'l stop now since i don't want to be banned but im still annoyed.

Ash's Cyndaquil having the problem does not mean (Dawn's) Cyndaquil will have it. Besides if Ash could do it in one episode surely so could Dawn.

I was referring to Bulbapedia actually which states that all young Cyndaquils are like that. It wasn't a problem its just every Cyndaquil go through this phase.

Dawn is having troubling taming Mamoswine so giving her more trouble would only make the series worse.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Dawn is having troubling taming Mamoswine so giving her more trouble would only make the series worse.

Not like it'd be the first time. Dawn initially had trouble taming Pachirisu, too. At least she didn't try to abandon Mammoswine because of it.

Not like it'd be the first time. Dawn initially had trouble taming Pachirisu, too. At least she didn't try to abandon Mammoswine because of it.

If she tried to do that then she is not supposed to be a main character. But she did but everyone knows that Mamoswine is not in perfect control till now. Who knows when it will start listening to Dawn completely but I hope the day comes soon.

dman_dustin

I was referring to Bulbapedia actually which states that all young Cyndaquils are like that. It wasn't a problem its just every Cyndaquil go through this phase.

All I saw was Cyndaquil not knowing their strengths and weaknesses. Besides Bulbapedia is apparently only basing it on Ash's Cyndaquil. And none of the Pokedex information states it. So like I said JUST because Ash's Cyndaquil went through it doesn't mean Dawn's probable Cyndaquil will go through it.

Besides I doubt Ash's Cyndaquil was that young. Now even if it was based on Ash's Cyndaqil being inexperienced it doesn't mean it's standard for all Cyndaquil. Ash's Cyndaquil could've easily been abnormal, and it could've just been a plot point the writers wanted just so Cyndaquil wouldn't be so powerful so early.

JD

Hold On we cant start saying its cyndaquil already we havent even seen the egg yet Its possible it can be another johto pokemon like cleffa or smoochum thats a actual baby pokemon since dawn does have clefairy in game but the games and the anime are nothing alike

dman_dustin

Hold On we cant start saying its cyndaquil already we havent even seen the egg yet Its possible it can be another johto pokemon like cleffa or smoochum thats a actual baby pokemon since dawn does have clefairy in game but the games and the anime are nothing alike
It's because Cyndaquil is the missing Johto starter from the episode. And since Kotone and Kuzanari have have Chikorita and Totodile respectively makes it very likely it is a Cyndaquil.

Of course we should know by Thursday (assuming) the egg is in the next episode preview.

Squaaah

I think im in a minority of people who want Dawn to get Cyndaquil, as long as it evolves into Quilava. Of course i'd prefer it if Ash got Quilava, but I doubt thats gonna happen now.

I really hope Kotone isn't a coordinator, it would just be far cooler if it was a trainer on Coordinator battle.

JD

I guess dawn getting cyndaquil is okay I can see it not trusting her at first and afraid of the rest of the team for awhile and I just noticed if dawn got a typhlosion she would be respected alot more

uber gon

Accept Change
Meh at least we'll get to see an animated Gible at some point.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Yes!!! I've been saying and hoping Dawn was gonna get a cyndaquil since the remake spec started up and now i've got a good bit of proof

I'm glad the two newbies are going to stick around for awhile it's nice to have game characters and co be a part of the story more. I'd say Kotone will become a regular rival for Dawn now as her appearance seems to be slighly like Barry's.............showing up battling with their rival, stick around for a couple or more so episodes and take a little break from appearing for awhile.

Anybody think that when possible(more than likely) cyndaquil hatches that he/she'll play a large role with Dawn and kind of push Piplup slightly out of the picture a bit as ....this is just a very basic theory now.....that Dominoes Pizza Promotion box haa Cyndaquil replaceing Piplup from the promotion so maybe it's kind of going to be like a progressive out with the old in with the new kind of trick

thunderblade12

If Kotone participates in Pokethlons and they are handled nicely in the anime then I hope she becomes a member of the main group. I liked someone's idea of them being similar to Pokeringer contests, race battles. Let's say a Pokethlon trainer has to win four badges/ribbons/medals to participate in the final Pokethlon showdown, Kotone could have two already in Sinnoh and just win the last two on screen(since it's so l;ate in the saga).

That would be great, especially if it turned out that all three Johto starters would be in the main cast. Ash with Totodile, Dawn with Cyndaquil, and Kotone with Chikorita. Also, with Kotone we'd get a healthy helping of Johto pokemon tossed into the main cast.

Brave Birdy

If Kotone participates in Pokethlons and they are handled nicely in the anime then I hope she becomes a member of the main group. I liked someone's idea of them being similar to Pokeringer contests, race battles. Let's say a Pokethlon trainer has to win four badges/ribbons/medals to participate in the final Pokethlon showdown, Kotone could have two already in Sinnoh and just win the last two on screen(since it's so l;ate in the saga).

That would be great, especially if it turned out that all three Johto starters would be in the main cast. Ash with Totodile, Dawn with Cyndaquil, and Kotone with Chikorita. Also, with Kotone we'd get a healthy helping of Johto pokemon tossed into the main cast.

I know! It would be very refreshing to have a new character with a new goal, while still keeping the aspects of pokemon contests and battles. I think pokethlon would be very interesting in the anime and fun to watch. I hope Kotone stays for a while as a pokethlon participant.

Chimchartrainer07

That would be nice idea but I would rather see Kotone return in BF replacing Dawn then become secondary main character.

I like this idea, but at the same time I don't see it happening only because Kotone is traveling with whats-his-name already and even though both of them join the group...atleast temperarilly I don't see Kotone replacing Dawn IF they go to Johto and have a BF take place there.

BM14murph

Master Collector
It'd be a very interesting idea but i doubt it'll happen. I want Kotone to become a major rival not a secondary main character like Max was actually no he was quite a main character............Tracey then..............i laught at the fact some young members don't have a clue who this guy is lol

And in relation to having all 3 johto starters in the roster i'm actually starting to doubt Ash getting Totodile back now because of this new Kujiwara...whatever his name is guy having one. The only way Ash can bring him back is if this guys one evolves very shortly. It would be cool if they pulled a piplup on it by having Ash with Totodile, Newguybie with Crocanaw and Paul with Feraligatr

Actually swap around Ash and Newguybie because i want Ash's totodile to evolve more than the other guys

Status
Not open for further replies.