• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP145 & 146 - Gible & Suiren Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickHoenn

Banned
DP145: Ash with a Gible!!! that would be so cool, one of my favorite Pokemon!! :p, if he or someone else in the Team does not catch it i'll be extremely dissapointed :( a filler character catching it,!!! no way :( (Gliscor or Buizel, one of them needs to be Oaked, if both better and then he can recall for the League)

DP146: Dawn HAS to win this contest, i can't stand 15 more episodes to get her last ribbon, that's too much, and this saga should end around DP170-175 at least...
Unbelievable!!! Pokemon League around April-May of 2010 :eek:

zoey & kenny are the most boring rivals of all time, plz get lost!!!

OMFG!! i'm so anxious for the Grand Festival, I expect Nando, he's cool :D and Jesse too! xD

magicallypuzzled

^ You do realize that if Piplup won Dawn's final ribbon, it will not only be the 3rd its won for Dawn, but it would've tied with Combusken as far as CONTEST wins in the battle round. Piplup might get the most contest battle wins out of May and Dawn's pokemon both, especially if Dawn stays another season.

I love Dawn and Piplup, but I'm just stating the facts. I love May and Misty <3

But I'm just keeping it real, so Mamoswine winning Dawn's final ribbon in the battle round FTW <3

i don't see how or why that'd be a problem

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/hikari_b.jpg[/img139]

It's just... I... WHAT?!

Giki

loving chimchar line

It's just... I... WHAT?!

w8 is that the contest episode cant read jap so :p
but then maybe it is confirmed that piplup is competing? or is she dreaming ?

It probably won't. I could be wrong, but if Dawn wins, they should start focusing on Jessie, I mean, I know it's a bit late....but come on, if the writers can give us some fillers for JOHTO PROMOTION ONLY, then they can definitely show Jessie some love.

Send Jessie to the Grand Festival, what about Meowth and Jessie's whole development and drive to get better?

If Ash ain't done, Dawn shouldn't be either, although May's Contest Arcs always finished before Ash's League/Frontier.

yea but then we won't get a whole episode just for a contest i think it wil be like ash battle'd fantina if i remember right i dont think they wil do 3-4 episode's focussed on jessie she got 1 or 2 ? i dont remember

Last edited:

thunderblade12

It's just... I... WHAT?!

LOL...wow...

Pokemon's really becoming more of a shonen anime..little by little. First a villain threatening to blow up an island and kill the main characters, a giant rock crushing a turtles head, and now a half naked heroine. I can't wait until Brock begins acting like Master Roshi/Miroku/Jiraiya.

I honestly can't tell if Dawn is washing her hair or that's some kind of hat...

Last edited:
LOL...wow...

Pokemon's really becoming more of a shonen anime..little by little. First a villain threatening to blow up an island and kill the main characters, a giant rock crushing a turtles head, and now a half naked heroine. I can't wait until Brock begins acting like Master Roshi/Miroku/Jiraiya.

I honestly can't tell if Dawn is washing her hair or that's some kind of hat...

Maybe Dawn hasn't taken a shower for a while since they were traveling for long.

It would be nice to see Brock becomes some kind of Master Roshi. Come to think about it he is half Master Roshi. He collects magazines of beautiful girls and even fall for them but here all girls don't fight for themselves(maybe becuase Brock is not that old) so for that purpose we have Croagunk.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
hold on...is this episode is the continuation of the contest she was in?

mimefan

Banned
If I may make a prediction, then all of the COTD's pokemon in the contest will be johto pokemon.

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
I dunno if I'm the first to say this and I know it's completely irrational but Ash could catch Gible.

*Put's up Shield for oncoming Flames, Verbal Abuse and the such*

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
He won't. He will not catch Gible. No. It'll just be an episode to showcase Gible like we had one for all those other Pokemon that Ash didn't catch.

For the contest, I don't know whether Dawn's going to win this. She's due a win in my eyes, but if she doesn't then this saga is going to be an awfully long one.

^^I think the pic has been removed. Neways why are people too much against Ash getting a Gible. Why can't he catch more than five pokemon in a region. He caught six in Johto and that worked out well and Pokemon like Gible needs trainers like Ash to showcase them.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
^^I think the pic has been removed. Neways why are people too much against Ash getting a Gible. Why can't he catch more than five pokemon in a region. He caught six in Johto and that worked out well and Pokemon like Gible needs trainers like Ash to showcase them.

as you probably noticed by now Pokemon is a show about will power and dreams and "if i really want to then i can do it" and whatever....

that is why they don't give Ash pokemon that will be super strong and win him battles quite easily.....they want him to work for it...and really hard..../:

i would L-O-V-E for Ash to catch Gible but this is a dragon type pokemon....a really STRONG pokemon so most chances are he won't catch it......
if you remember he beat the final FB with twwo starters pokemon....means Ash need to learn who to use pokemon that AREN'T that strong and do the best he can with them..which is a good way....but Ash won't catch Gible (or lagenderies.....if we already talking about that)

But the anti Dragon type capture curse will break sometime in the future so why not now. And Dragon types are not that strong. Until Hoenn Dragonite was UU pokemon. Its only anime that shows Dragon type are strong and if they give Ash a Dragon type and lose a bit then everyone will come to know that Dragon type is not that strong.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Ok, given that everyone is speculating, here's my 2 cents

DP145: Gible is showcased, but as opposed to everyone who says Ash will get it, I'm going to say Kotone will end up catching this Gible. She might be around for another episode or 2 but then is gone with Gible.

DP146: As Dawn was advising Piplup to watch the battle between Ash and Palmer, my guess is that we're going to see what happens when Piplup activates its Torrent ability, so it can cruise right to the top with this contest.

As for Jessie, I wouldn't be too opposed to her getting 3 ribbons off-screen.

DP145: Gible is showcased, but as opposed to everyone who says Ash will get it, I'm going to say Kotone will end up catching this Gible. She might be around for another episode or 2 but then is gone with Gible.

DP146: As Dawn was advising Piplup to watch the battle between Ash and Palmer, my guess is that we're going to see what happens when Piplup activates its Torrent ability, so it can cruise right to the top with this contest.

If Ash doesn't get that Gible than Kazunari will get it not Kotone.

I wanna see how Dawn puuls out the attack consumption ability activation combo with Piplup. It hasn't got that type of attacks.

Squaaah

I personally reckon this gible is gonna be like the Arcanine May wanted to catch in the episode where she competed with Drew. It'll end up being part of a family so they'll let it go in the end.

I honestly have no idea what to expect with this contest other then praying Mamoswine will be used.

I personally reckon this gible is gonna be like the Arcanine May wanted to catch in the episode where she competed with Drew. It'll end up being part of a family so they'll let it go in the end.

I honestly have no idea what to expect with this contest other then praying Mamoswine will be used.

There is a great chance that Mamoswine will be used in the contest and probably in battling part.

As for Gible we can't be sure about anything.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Appeals:
Dawn: Mamoswine
Zoey: Misdreavus
Jessie: Meowth

Battle:
Dawn(Piplup) vs COTD
Zoey(Gastrodon) vs COTD
Jessie(Meowth) vs COTD
One-shot rival(Persan) vs COTD

Dawn(Piplup) vs One-shot rival(Persian) - Dawn loses even though Piplup swallowed whirlpool
Zoey(Gastrodon) vs Jessie(Meowth) - Jessie wins with points

Jessie(Meowth) vs OSR(Persian) - Jessie wins

Then Dawn can win her next contest by appealing with what ever new pokemon she gets and by using Mamoswine in the battle round
I hope that Jessie wins a contest. It would be nice for Meowth. Is Zoey really in another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.