• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP145 & 146 - Gible & Suiren Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

I really want ash to catch this gible also but with this kazunari guy I dont know if he will

milenadrg

A Gible episode!? Cool! Finally, we are going to see that thing in Anime other than movie cameo. However, I doubt anyone is going to catch it, they are possibly helping some beiginning trainer to catpure one....
I really hope Dawn is going to use her Mamoswine this time! Poor swine, didn't had any Contest battle or appeal... :(

milenadrg

Yeah, that guy Kazunari or how is his name will possibly catch one... If he's Co Ordinator, I hope he's going to use it in DP146...

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Hm, would there be any possibility of the contest getting started in 145? If this does turn out to be the last contest before the Grand Festival, I think it would be a bit disappointing for it to be another rushed, one-episode contest like the last several have been. With contest starting in 145 (even if it's just at the very end), it would at least have a full episode to itself.

I think it's pretty obvious this Kazunari guy is going to catch the Gible, regardless of who this other person he's competing with is. But you never know...

dman_dustin

Well, I was somewhat right. Since I predicted DP 145 would be the contest (the difference being it's actually DP 146). Of course it was kind of doubtful it would spread even further from DP 133.

Comments @ DP 145- It's nice to see Gible get it's debut finally. I doubt Ash will catch it, even with Ash's catchphrase. Though I do admit, if there is a filler saga, and the writer's don't want to pull an Aipom, now would be the perfect time to catch a filler arc Pokémon, thus it'll have plenty of time to grow powerful enough to beat a Frontier Brain. But even so this Kuzanari person is much more likely to catch it. Strange that the vendor guy joined the team rather than HGSS girl.

Comments @ DP 146- While Dawn probably could afford a loss here, I almost doubt she will. Mamoswine seems like a likely choice. I think Pachirisu/Piplup will be used for appeals. Pachirisu because it hasn't appealed in a long time (if at all). Piplup because of the Palmer Episode. Though to be honest I'd much rather have Mamoswine do appeals while Buneary does the contest battles. If Dawn does lose, perhaps it's because Jessie finally wins her third ribbon.

IMPERIAL DRAGON

Enemy Of Reality
To me it would seem weird for someone to catch such a popular pokemon as Gible unless they were actually sticking around for a while. I mean to be fair, random characters of the day have popped up before and caught some random pokemon, but at this point in time you’d think it would only get a specific episode if it was caught by the main cast or a reoccurring character. I’d seriously ‘lol’ if Paul just turned up and nabbed it.

Grotle swallowing its energy ball for a power boost was an interesting approach but I wonder how any of Dawn’s pokemon could replicate it since in theory in should only work with some form of energy instead of water or ice attack. I’ve not paid attention the attacks her roster knows so has anyone else got any ideas? Bearing in mind I mean energy based attacks.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
DP 145- Seems like its going to be a fun episode. Don't know who this new guy is or whatever, but it looks to me like he is a Trainer. Maybe a battle between him and Ash?

DP 146- Bout time we got to the Suiren Contest. I think this is where Dawn gets her last ribbon. Because honestly, I'm getting tired of her losing. Same with Ash as well. Her last Contest really made me want to punch Kenny in the mouth. So she needs a win here. I doubt Jessie will enter and if she does, expect her to lose to Dawn. I'm thinking Piplup for the Appeals and Mamoswine for the Battle. Piplup because of the Palmer episode, and Mamoswine for it s first contest. I don't want its first contest to be in the Grand Festival.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Ah, so Gible gets his anime debut, huh? Nice to see that happening. =) And for the contest, I do hope Dawn wins this contest. Since this might infact be Mamoswine's contest debut. And also Meowth's as well.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
The summary mentions the vendor guy and someone competing to catch Gible. With Ash's catchphrase in the title, anyone thinking of a Cyndaquil repeat, only without the abusive trainer and without Ash getting said Pokémon?

Iota

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
It's time we finally got a Gible episode. Anyways, I would absolutely love to see Ash get a Gible, but I just can't possibly see it happening. And as for the contest... can't really imagine it being all that special.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
well i don't know what to say about the Gible episode but i am pretty sure it will be like the one they hadd with Yanma (TR won't catch Gible obviously)

about DP 146.....i 99% sure Dawn will win the contest (and use Mamoswine) and one guy here said something about starting the contest in DP 145.....well i don't know about that but i think it could be nice if Dawn and jesse enter the contest while Brock and Ash help this guy capture Gible (possibly against James and Meowth?) and next episode will be all about contest battles and stuff
because honesly Ash and Brock can see the apples in a screen or somthing they don't have to be in the building..../:

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Oh, come on! Gible's finally debuting, and in an episode with "Caught" or "Get" or whatever in it? Why can't it be confirmed to have a trainer? Then it could be safe from the vultures for at least a little while...

But, anyway, unless this is a double contest, I doubt Dawn will win. If Dawn's going to try something with Piplup, after telling it to watch Grotle, might it activate its Torrent ability during the battle? That'd be a good strategy: use Bide to become really weakened, unleash a mega-Bide that does uber-damage, but at the same time activate Torrent so that Bubblebeam/Whirlpool are more powerful.

But, here's how I see this going down.

Suiren Town Contest
Appeals
Dawn-Mamoswine (Pass)
Zoey-Mismagius (Pass)
Jessie-Yanmega (Pass)
COTD-Medicham (Pass)

Round 1
Dawn vs. Zoey
Piplup vs. Gastrodon (Gastrodon wins by points)

Jessie vs. RT
Meowth vs. Random Pokemon (Meowth)

COTD vs.RT
Persian vs. RP (Persian)

Round 2
Zoey vs. COTD
Gastrodon vs. Persian (Persian wins by points)

Jessie vs. RT
Meowth vs. RP (Meowth)

Final Round

Jessie vs. COTD
Meowth vs. Persian (Meowth)

Jessie wins her third ribbon.

Ryuusei

the sakura trainer~
I still think it's too early for Dawn to win... May won her last ribbon after Ash beat Juan and she won her last ribbon in Kanto in the last contest before the Kanto GF. This seems like a Jessie win for me imo since I feel she needs one to prove she can yanno, get into the GF with her own skill.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I doubt Dawn would lose though. 2 straight loses in a row isn't exactly a smart move not to mention it would be smart for her to win with a new training style. If anything I can see her losing the GF and moving on to another one.

Sweeney Todd

...with passion. ♥
I doubt Dawn would lose though. 2 straight loses in a row isn't exactly a smart move not to mention it would be smart for her to win with a new training style. If anything I can see her losing the GF and moving on to another one.
Agreed. May didn't win the Grand Festival and moved on to Johto so it wouldn't really change with Dawn.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I do not believe any main character will get Gible, but this new guy probably will.

Yep. That sounds about right.

I'm more surprised that the guy turned out not to be a one shot character this late in the season then anything else. Since he's running an Apricon Stand he might just be a competitor in the Pokethlon and not a Trainer / Coordinator. You'd think if he was he'd be selling accessories that would be used in his own field of specialty.

2 straight loses in a row isn't exactly a smart move not to mention it would be smart for her to win with a new training style.

Dawn her a track record of losing whenever she tries something new, though.

1st Contest Ever = Loss.

1st Double Contest Ever = Early Loss.

1st Appeal with an Evolved Pokemon = Loss.

Dawn's new technique could really do good for her one day. She just might need more time to practice it for the Grand Festival if she losses here.

Edit:

Agreed. May didn't win the Grand Festival and moved on to Johto so it wouldn't really change with Dawn.

Of course she'll go to the Grand Festival but do you remember May's situation? May got her last Ribbon very close to the Grand Festival. In fact she got it at the very last Contest of the regular Contest Season which happened to be after Ash's eighth gym. Even if Dawn loses here there's still time for other Contests elsewhere ... either before or after Sunnyshore.

Last edited:

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Grotle swallowing its energy ball for a power boost was an interesting approach but I wonder how any of Dawn’s pokemon could replicate it since in theory in should only work with some form of energy instead of water or ice attack. I’ve not paid attention the attacks her roster knows so has anyone else got any ideas? Bearing in mind I mean energy based attacks.

Mamoswine - Ancientpower or Hidden Power.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I did mention a while ago in a thread that I would like to see a match between Jessie and Dawn in a contest in which Mamoswine wins by brute strength but disobeys Dawn, and she actually chooses to forfeit the ribbon because she didn't earn it fairly, and Jessie (in disguise of course) instead takes the ribbon. I just think it would be a good bit of character development and an interesting twist for Dawn, raising the bar for her and Mamoswine's troubled relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.