• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP145 & 146 - Gible & Suiren Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
I did mention a while ago in a thread that I would like to see a match between Jessie and Dawn in a contest in which Mamoswine wins by brute strength but disobeys Dawn, and she actually chooses to forfeit the ribbon because she didn't earn it fairly, and Jessie (in disguise of course) instead takes the ribbon. I just think it would be a good bit of character development and an interesting twist for Dawn, raising the bar for her and Mamoswine's troubled relationship.

never thought about that.....good thinking!!!:)

come to think of that it will be really awsome to see.....and another geniues move by pokemon this saga:)

and i regret what i said before- i think Dawn shouldn't win and let Jessie win....there will be other contests....as long as she uses Mamoswine this time around i am happy

lucario750

pokemon master
I hope for dawn to catch gible or ash If ash catches it I can see it and gliscor rotating maybe and it can pull a pilowswine and maybe evolve quickly. But Id be fine if brock caught it also

i agree with you that ash might get gible but i dout dawn well get gible i also hope brock catches it if ash dosen't catch it

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
The summary mentions the vendor guy and someone competing to catch Gible. With Ash's catchphrase in the title, anyone thinking of a Cyndaquil repeat, only without the abusive trainer and without Ash getting said Pokémon?

Iota

Um, what's the catchphrase?

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Does this mean Satoshi will catch Fukamaru? Only time will tell...
Then my predictions will have come true <3
But....Ash, catching a Dragon type? That'll be a first.

As for Dawn's Contest, I think she'll use Piplup in the Appeal Round & Mamoswine in the Battling Round. But in Dawn's last contest, Meowth said he would be competing for Jessie. So, this should be an interesting episode if Meowth doesn't end up cheating.

soccerstar19

<--- Best Rival Ever
this is unusual the gible title that's ash's catchphrase. The only reason i think there's a possibility is he hasn't really had a " wildcard" this time. The wildcard is usually a type he hasn't had before. So I guess Muk would be his original one. Phanpy would be his johto and glaie would be his one hohen being a pure ice type. Gliscor was seen as the wild card just being a random capture but gible can be his new one. Ash might have chance to catch it just do to the fact of we saw its first two forms first but the other character probably has a chance. If ash does catch it maybe buizel gets dumped at oaks regardless who gets oaked it might get oaked for all we know I want it to be like gliscor or croakgunk I want it to be unlike other pokemon that we have seen. Maybe it will be scared of ash and dig underground hiding from him.

shac

Well, as much as I would love to see gible with Ash, I do not think it is possible at this stage - what with Ash already having a full team. I just can't imagine how they might portray the seventh capture immediately going to Oak. In such circumstances, Ash will surely call Oak to check on his new pokemon. The fact that Oak's VA is not listed, says it all, IMO.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Um, what's the catchphrase?

See below:

It is interesting because ゲットだぜ! is Satoshi's trademark which he says every time when he catches new Pokemon.
Does this mean Satoshi will catch Fukamaru? Only time will tell...

While we're talking about that, isn't that what Ash says at the end of the previews he narrates?

Poketto Monsuta Daiamonda Paaru {title} nimo (?) Pokemon gettodaze

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
See below:

While we're talking about that, isn't that what Ash says at the end of the previews he narrates?

Well, i can't really read JAPANESE YOU KNOW?

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Well, i can't really read JAPANESE YOU KNOW?

His catchphrase is: Pokemon Gettodaze!.

Yeah it is.

I really cannot see Ash getting a Gible. It's going to go to Kazunari, the summery practically spells it out.

Well, as much as I would love to see gible with Ash, I do not think it is possible at this stage - what with Ash already having a full team. I just can't imagine how they might portray the seventh capture immediately going to Oak. In such circumstances, Ash will surely call Oak to check on his new pokemon. The fact that Oak's VA is not listed, says it all, IMO.

Maybe Ash will send out Staraptor to Oak for some odd reason and then catch Gible. Ash definitely need a Dragon type and its time anime should stop treating Dragon type for Uber power.

If Meowth is really participating in the contest I want it not to cheat like that Transform thing in Hoenn. Let Meowth take part in Suiren contest and beat Mamoswine like it beat Barry's Empoleon. That will also help in bringing Mamoswine almighty power down to earth.

Giki

loving chimchar line
maybe gliscor is needed at oak or something and he wil catch gible and maybe it wil proberly evolve during the Sinnoh Gf

maybe gliscor is needed at oak or something and he wil catch gible and maybe it wil proberly evolve during the Sinnoh Gf

Gliscor is the last capture of Sinnoh up till now so it shouldn't be Oaked if Ash gets a new Pokemon. The only Pokemon that could get Oaked is Staraptor cause its dame powerful, ready for league and can't learn any new attacks for now.

Giki

loving chimchar line
Gliscor is the last capture of Sinnoh up till now so it shouldn't be Oaked if Ash gets a new Pokemon. The only Pokemon that could get Oaked is Staraptor cause its dame powerful, ready for league and can't learn any new attacks for now.

yea treu and it isent needed for the last gym

firepokemontrainer

Ash WON'T be doing any more captures. Staraptor doesn't deserve the shaft since its one of his best Pokemon right now. Gible I believe will go to that new guy.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Gabile could help with the last gym. Not saying he is going to catch it.....But it wouldn't be too bad. It could be Ash's first Dragon type. Even though Charizard pretty much serves as his Dragon.

Staraptor could use a break. Its arguabliy his strongest Sinnoh Pokemon right now. He could take some time off until the League. Maybe it could come back with a new move. Heat Wave or Roost would be good.

Last edited:

talala

Gabile could help with the last gym. Not saying he is going to catch it.....But it wouldn't be too bad. It could be Ash's first Dragon type. Even though Charizard pretty much serves as his Dragon

no such thing as a gabile, its gible or gabite, not some kind of name fusion lol

Ash WON'T be doing any more captures. Staraptor doesn't deserve the shaft since its one of his best Pokemon right now. Gible I believe will go to that new guy.

Well Staraptor got lot of screentime lately and Oaking a Pokemon at near end of league to get new Pokemon is not shafting actually. Shafting was when Heracross was Oaked in the near start if Johto.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
There's no way that I can see Ash catching a Gible at this time. He's already got a full team, as well as a Ground type. While it would be cool if he had a Dragon, I don't see it happening now. As well, a Gible would lead to Gabite/Garchomp. It would seem a bit much if he showed up to the league and battled Paul with a Garchomp in tow.

Now, if someone were to catch it on the main cast, I would say Brock. However, I think that's unlikely as well. It seems to me it's going to be whoever they're trying to help out.

Maybe this can replace Gliscor, since I think that it and Builze will leave after Sinnoh.
But this is just my opinion, anything can happen. Even though Ash catching Gible sounds like something Johto-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.