• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP165 - Flint and Volkner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
didn't Barry said he wanted to battle Volkner?

maybe he and Ash will get there at the same time and they will both argue who will go first against him.
and then Flint will come along and say: "hey, this sounds like a good opportunity to cheer up Volkner. why won't we all battle at once! me&Volkner vs. you&Barry!"

Barry did say it? I don't know. In DP163 they will meet him, so maybe you have a point, they are going to the same place. or maybe Barry is actually returning from Sunyshore. however, I think that Barry won't appear is Sunyshore, he appeared enough.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
yeah he said that in the Palmer episode.
something like: "I will be there first".

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Barry did say it? I don't know. In DP163 they will meet him, so maybe you have a point, they are going to the same place. or maybe Barry is actually returning from Sunyshore. however, I think that Barry won't appear is Sunyshore, he appeared enough.
In DP141, Barry learned from his dad (Palmer) about him suggesting Ash to challenge the Sunyshore gym leader. So, he decided to challenge him also & said he would do that before Ash. But in DP157, it was known that Barry only has 6 badges with him & is still waiting for his gym battle against Fantina.

So, it means that their is a high chance that Barry hasn't challenged Volkner yet. Also it might be possible that Barry has just returned from his battle with Fantina. Meaning the reason for his battle with Ash in DP163 might be to decide who would be the one to challenge Volkner first (or like the usual reason to show he is stronger than Ash).

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
In DP141, Barry learned from his dad (Palmer) about him suggesting Ash to challenge the Sunyshore gym leader. So, he decided to challenge him also & said he would do that before Ash. But in DP157, it was known that Barry only has 6 badges with him & is still waiting for his gym battle against Fantina.

So, it means that their is a high chance that Barry hasn't challenged Volkner yet. Also it might be possible that Barry has just returned from his battle with Fantina. Meaning the reason for his battle with Ash in DP163 might be to decide who would be the one to challenge Volkner first (or like the usual reason to show he is stronger than Ash).

Sushi has posted the summary for DP163 and it mentions that Barry has won the Beacon Badge. Check the Infernape thread. Not that you knew this at the time of posting, just thought you might be interested. :)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Can't wait to see flints afro and Volkners depressed face :D

Bertha is likely to get an episode focused on her torterra perhaps aiding Ash and his grotle where Grotle would evolve into Torterra with the help from Bertha's training

It's all about the 'fro, and depression! Such a great combo:D

I like the idea for Bertha and Torterra, although she doesn't have one ingame.. it's a ground type, so she could just be aware of Grotle's potential and that the groundtype would strengthen its defense.

Right. MAYBE Ash will battle Flint. But I severely doubt it.Why?
Keep in mind, NONE of this stuff is confirmed yet. Except that there will be a battle.. We don't know who will, but the summary said so.. *goes of to check the first post..
More likely, there will be something involving Team Rocket or Jun/Barry/Pearl/Rival dude. Or maybe all of that, since they have to fill an episode with something xD
Or Volkner & Flint witness Ash winning in a battle against Barry. That's possible, too.

Oh, and I say miraculously because, well... Ash really sucks at battling, or at least compared to all of us...

He's getting better.. that's what I can say in his defense, but otherwise.. yeah we're all Paul types..

It would be cool to see Ash VS Flint. If Ash battles Flint, it should be Infernape Vs Infernape. Just as long as Barry is in this episode since he said that he'd be going to Sunyshore City in DP141 and he appears in DP163.

Yeah this is what I want as well...

Everyone also keep in mind that the episode could be pretty dissapointing.
And also remember the "nature" of the writers in this.

...I'm also afraid they'll make their personalities stupid. ._.' I fear for poor Flint, that they'll make him sound too gangster.

What ''nature''? I'm unaware of the writers screwing up some episodes, but I'll give you the Darkrai vs Cresselia ep.. I'd Lol at gangsta Flint.. really xD But I think they'll go for a more mature and laidback type of voice.

Edit: posted this way too late (I fell a sleep), and when I woke up and posted this, the summary of 163 was posted.. so I deleted all the Barry losing to Volkner cr...

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Sushi has posted the summary for DP163 and it mentions that Barry has won the Beacon Badge. Check the Infernape thread. Not that you knew this at the time of posting, just thought you might be interested. :)

It might affect on the plot in Sunyshore city, I really wonder what will be Volkner's reaction after he lost to Barry.

Ash might loss vs Volkner in a practice battle and than to fight against him again.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
It might affect on the plot in Sunyshore city, I really wonder what will be Volkner's reaction after he lost to Barry.

Ash might loss vs Volkner in a practice battle and than to fight against him again.

There's probably not enough time for a rematch to be honest. I would like there to be but because of the amount the writers need to squeeze in I don't see it happening.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
There's probably not enough time for a rematch to be honest. I would like there to be but because of the amount the writers need to squeeze in I don't see it happening.

Yeah so maybe the storyline will be different than it was in the game, maybe Volkner won't be depressed as I thought. a rematch still might be but let's wait to see if Ash can beat him in the first battle.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Yeah so maybe the storyline will be different than it was in the game, maybe Volkner won't be depressed as I thought. a rematch still might be but let's wait to see if Ash can beat him in the first battle.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure it'll be one of, if not the,best gym battles this saga, whether Ash wins or not. :)

Locormus

Yeah, I'm fairly sure it'll be one of, if not the,best gym battles this saga, whether Ash wins or not. :)

At the very least Sunyshore will have two battles, one in DP165 and the other being the gymbattle. Sunyshore is really the doorstep to the league, so I'd really like to see Ash step his game up, battling more frequently whenever he has the time and such.

Like he was during the Orange League for example.. I can remember him beating a random trainer at the beginning of the Lorelei/Prima episode.. Little things like that really make me more confident in Ash's battling skills. Like a quick cameo of Torterra taking a hit and smashing something like a Machamp to the ground afterwards winning the match and afterwards let the episode be about something random, like Togepi..

luner45

Oshawott!! Lets go!
if decides to battle flint it will problely be 2 part. what if ash wins against flint and then volkner will be impressed then decides to have a gym battle with ash because he knows ash is a strong trainer.

Locormus

if decides to battle flint it will problely be 2 part. what if ash wins against flint and then volkner will be impressed then decides to have a gym battle with ash because he knows ash is a strong trainer.

He doesn't necessarily have to win either, it would definetly help, but standing ones ground against an elite four member would be a big deal anyway :)

Edit: Rank up! Cries..

milenadrg

Finally, it was about time to Flint and Volkner to appear! I hope they're going to have their Platinum teams... Hm, I hope we are going to see Infernape and Gible in action...

Torpoleon

So Ash will battle in DP166? What if they make it a two part episode and the battle goes on to DP167?
I don't know. That would be cool if the battle would be from DP166- DP167.

luner45

Oshawott!! Lets go!
If ash won a battle with flint one his first try I will eat my hat it took me 4 tries to beat that guy in diamond and pearl! P.S I didnt have a water, rock or ground type and i dint have any level 100's they were in the gba games!

KantoChamp46

Like he was during the Orange League for example.. I can remember him beating a random trainer at the beginning of the Lorelei/Prima episode.. Little things like that really make me more confident in Ash's battling skills. Like a quick cameo of Torterra taking a hit and smashing something like a Machamp to the ground afterwards winning the match and afterwards let the episode be about something random, like Togepi..

Yeah, I miss that stuff - actually seeing Ash battle against someone other than Team Rocket and assorted rivals. I mean come on. Those little things at the beginning of the episodes actually made me think Ash cared about training and being better. Now we just get him sparring with Brock or Dawn O_O Still, somehow Ash has definitely gotten better as a battler, even after only fighting Team Rocket, assorted rivals, and gym leaders lol. You gotta give the kid credit

STICKTOPIA

yeah he said that in the Palmer episode.
something like: "I will be there first".
Oh yea he said that he's gonna beat Ash to Sunnyshore.

#1PokemonFan

Do you think they would do Ash's Monferno/Infernape Vs. Flint's Infernape? That would kind of crazy. To me that looks like the Sunyshore gym, so maybe the battle will be DP166? Will just have to wait.

According to Pokeani
Sun February 25 broadcast
Gym Leader Volkner-over and the four heavenly kings!
Not get to the gym badge battle? ? ?
Shitenou (elite four)-over VS Ash Ketchum! Fierce battle! !

from what it sounds like it will be Ash Vs. Flint.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.