1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

DP166 - Sunnyshore

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by slowkingsley, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slowkingsley

slowkingsley Well-Known Member

From Newtype
    「発進!ナギサタワー!!」

March 4th
    Takeoff! Sunyshore Tower!!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/slowkingsley/wwwdotuporg628891.jpg

Thanks to Sushi for the translated summary.
    An ominous shadow is creeping towards Sunyshore Tower, which upholds the lives of the people in Sunyshore City. Meanwhile Ash has a fierce battle at Sunyshore Gym.

Suddenly, the lights inside the Gym go out. According to Volkner, something must have happened at the Sunyshore Tower, stopping the provision of electric power for the city.

The group hurriedly follows Volkner to the tower, only to discover that the entire tower has disappeared. The group is shocked, but then finds strange car tracks. When they follow them, they are faced with a familiar trio.

Edit: Sorry for misspelling Sunyshore. One 'N' just looks wrong.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  2. Cade()Harrow

Cade()Harrow Banned

ok at a guess something to do with sunnyshore lighthouse.

3. slowkingsley

slowkingsley Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's not the Sunnyshore (Vista) lighthouse, because it has a different name.

4. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Wow, another Sunyshore episode? I guess the gym battle will start in DP167.

Tower, I think that Volkner's problem will be solved here...

5. DANdotW

DANdotW Previously Iota

Or Volkner's problem will be identified, and then solved in a later episode. Either way, it's nice to finally be here. Looking forward to a summary to see what's going on.

Iota

6. Mythic Mist

Mythic Mist Indecent Exposure

And my guess: The city blackout caused by Volkner?

7. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

Battle frontier to take place before 8th gym. I'm ****ing betting on it for sure.

8. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Not the lighthouse?! B-But Vista Lighthouse is awesome!

So, not a gym battle yet.

I'll be disappointed if we don't see Jasmine in this episode, as I don't think writers will strech off Sunnyshore two more episodes and the next episode will probably be devoted for Gym Battle. So this is most likely her only chance.

9. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Well this is very strange why the gym battle didn't start already. maybe DP167+168 this will be the gym battle, and then the Sunyshore arc will be 4 episodes, like it was in the last city in Johto.

10. firelovindocker

firelovindocker Well-Known Member

Yea I'm guessing a solar panel tower is broken ash and co. plus volkner go to fix it and volkner's spirit is raised when he sees Ash battle well in the tower or sumethin
    but since it's in march expect some eps devoted to ranger 3

11. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

How does that make any sense?

12. mitchman_93

The word tower. Just a hunch, a guess per se.

13. Power of Fire

Power of Fire Goodbye

It's fake.

14. BM14murph

BM14murph Master Collector

Why would they put the battle tower in sunnyshore when ther is a specifically designated spot for it on the battle island?

At least with kanto there was an actual reason for it

It would be pretty cool if you were right though

If it's not the lighthouse what the heck could it be??

15. mitchman_93

Haven't you noticed, the 5th gen is nigh upon us and they need to squeeze it somewhere, somehow! Sarcasm aside though Sunnyshore tower, dunno what its supposed to be

16. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

No it's not. slowkingsley never gives us fake titles, I think it's a real title.

I wonder if Volkner will even show his pokemon, I think only Raichu will appear before the gym battle.

17. BM14murph

They'd have a hard time trying to squeeze a tower somewhere ;)

I really do want the BF to take place maybe as practice for the league but it wouldn't be too hard for them to have an episode for them travelling to the island then back......though just hit me there WHAT IF THE LEAGUE IS ON BATTLE ISLAND, LIKE THE FESTIVAL IN THE RIBBON SOCIETY???

Or they could do what we all fear...no BF at all :(:(:(:(:(

18. mitchman_93

BF not at all is indeed scary.

19. BM14murph

Very much so....this 5th gen to me actaully has more cons than pros at the moment sadly :(

20. Umbilical Noose

Umbilical Noose Bonzo Nut

Wow now people are doubting Slowkingsley.
    The place in DP165 Infernape's pic also look like a tower to me. I think it has something to do with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.