• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP167 - Seashore Pokemon School

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowkingsley

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Sounds like another contest-practice episode, but with any luck the "Dawn is a school teacher?!" part will be a hilarious twist. Or it might just be another Pokemon School thing, where Dawn is roped into teaching. Who knows.

EDIT: I saw that "Seashore" Pokemon school before you edited it out, buster!

thunderblade12

Well... that's unexpected. They already had a school episode in Snowpoint. Sense this is a Dawn episode and Jasmine is a coordinator maybe she'll appear here.

Also, I guess that leaves DP168 to Ash vs Volkner.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
inb4TogekissSpeculation.

I honesly thought DP167 was going to be devoted to ending the Sunyshore Gym. I guess Volkner will finish his battle with Ash in DP166. Anyway, I'm tempted to see Dawn's new Combo. I'm just hoping it's one that involves Pachirisu.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
You know I'm kinda wondering how they plan to wrap up Sinnoh by the Fall if they keep making these filler episodes.
Maybe...they're not planning to wrap up Shinou by fall? Maybe you're just ASSUMING they will? Maybe you should stop making assumptions like this and acting like they're law. (especially since, to be technical, this falls under "new game's effects on the anime?!" speculation, which isn't allowed)

I'm just hoping it's one that involves Pachirisu.
"Zombie combo! Pachirisu and Buneary!" Next time, on POCKET MONSTERS!

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Well. Guess that means Ash's Gym match wraps up in DP 166. Or the match is held off until DP 168-169. That seems like a good route. The match is interrupted and they decide to continue it later and they both come back as strong as ever.

Dawn? A school teacher? Students are gonna go crazy for her. Wonder what this new combo is? Maybe a Electric-Ice combo.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Do we really need a whole 'nother episode where Dawn practices another contest appeal? We just had the Mamoswine/Cynda ep not too long ago.

I feel like they're wasting time on eps that could otherwise be spent to make both the Grand Festival and Sinnoh League longer.

thunderblade12

Sense DP169 is the Ranger episode it has to be in DP168. There's a sideplot in DP166 so if the battle is in that episode it'll be extremely rushed.

Do we really need a whole 'nother episode where Dawn practices another contest appeal? We just had the Mamoswine/Cynda ep not too long ago.

I feel like they're wasting time on eps that could otherwise be spent to make both the Grand Festival and Sinnoh League longer.

I kind of agree actually. The only thing that can save this episode for me:

- Dawn getting Togekiss...which won't happen
- One of Dawn's pokemon evolving...which won't happen
- Jasmine appearing and training Dawn.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?

Last time I checked, one combo does not make you a skilled Coordinator. Its a good thing she is developing another appeal. It makes her more versatile and we get to see more of her Pokemon. Much better than what May did.

@thunderblade- The Ranger thing could just be a special episode and not canon. They wouldn't make Ash's final gym so uneventful. Dawn got 2 episode for her last Ribbon and Ash should get two episodes for his badge.

Also, I know they can relocate places like nothing in the anime, but them being at Stark Mountain after just arriving in Sunyshore wouldn't make any sense at all. Thats why I'm thinking the episode isn't canon.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Last time I checked, one combo does not make you a skilled Coordinator. Its a good thing she is developing another appeal. It makes her more versatile and we get to see more of her Pokemon. Much better than what May did.

Having her practice is fine, but it can be done briefly in other important episodes. I don't know about you, but I'd like to see both the Grand Festival and Sinnoh league be long, rather than have random eps thrown around.

This is probably why the Sinnoh Frontier Brains have been axed, the writers will have no time to feature them.

slowkingsley

Sounds like another contest-practice episode, but with any luck the "Dawn is a school teacher?!" part will be a hilarious twist. Or it might just be another Pokemon School thing, where Dawn is roped into teaching. Who knows.

EDIT: I saw that "Seashore" Pokemon school before you edited it out, buster!

Yeah, "seashore" is an ugly word and only works when put into annoying tongue-twisting kids rhymes. Beach is a much nicer and relaxing word.

I usually don't like to speculate on pokemon captures, especially when there is no indication whatsoever from the title, but could the new combination that Dawn perfects, refer to a new combination of pokemon?

V Faction

www.faction.com
I usually don't like to speculate on pokemon captures, especially when there is no indication whatsoever from the title, but could the new combination that Dawn perfects, refer to a new combination of pokemon?

She could be working on a new combination with Piplup's newly-learned Hydro Pump.

This, plus the Ranger episodes speak to me and say 'arc'. It's happened before, like in Blackthorn and Veilstone. A big finish to a big region.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Wasn't the Ranger Special confirmed to be DP158 & DP159...... An hour special? Last time I checked it was or did some stuff change these past few days?

slowkingsley

Seeing that it seems likely that Torterra will evolve in the Sunyshore Tower episode, I think it is safer to go with my initial thought of assuming that there is no capture or evolution unless implicitly stated. This episode could be a nice change of pace with the recent blockbuster events as well as Dawn continuing her training is a great idea, considering the Grand Festival is right around the corner. I hope, however that Togekiss is at least given enough time for some training before the Grand Festival, and given some time to develop a bond with its trainer.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Seeing that it seems likely that Torterra will evolve in the Sunyshore Tower episode, I think it is safer to go with my initial thought of assuming that there is no capture or evolution unless implicitly stated. This episode could be a nice change of pace with the recent blockbuster events as well as Dawn continuing her training is a great idea, considering the Grand Festival is right around the corner. I hope, however that Togekiss is at least given enough time for some training before the Grand Festival, and given some time to develop a bond with its trainer.
Wait, did I miss something from the DP166 Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.