• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP167 - Seashore Pokemon School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpoleon

Did they even show something about her contest?
I don't think I saw anything in the preview although it has been confirmed that Jessie will enter a Pokemon Contest and Johanna will be the judge.

So Masaaki Iwane is doing this episode? It kind of looks like it from the animation of the episode.

Waterpokes

Well, if they bring a recurring character like Johanna to be a judge, hopefully the episode will be on her, or at least Jessie. I couldn't care less for Johanna being here. She's just another character and in my opinion, nothing special about.

And good thing we see Seviper do something for once.
I still want to see Flamethrower! Come on producers, give Seviper Flamethrower!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I don't think I saw anything in the preview although it has been confirmed that Jessie will enter a Pokemon Contest and Johanna will be the judge.

So Masaaki Iwane is doing this episode? It kind of looks like it from the animation of the episode.

Yes he does, what a great animation. lot of better than Kinushita's previous episode.

Jessie's contest will probably be very short, I hope not. I expected to see her battle rounds and not only the appeal. (Seviper)

Daude

You talkin' to me?
Since they didn't showed us something about Jessie contest, it looks like it won't be a big part of the contest..

BM14murph

Master Collector
I'd say it will have a role simillar to her previous contests that she won where it was just a minor sub plot to the episode

It's pretty much guarenteed that she'll win the contest and it looks like Seviper will be the star which is good as then all of her contests so far have had a different one of her's or James' pokemon as the star

Brainwashed

Peace and Love
Wow i'm surprised this thread has dead for last past couple days, even though the episode airs tomorrow. Well does anyone get a feeling we may see the groups Pokemon? Because the students may want to see their Pokemon.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Lol, this episode seems pretty good and funny (Piplup chasing after the boy who put graffiti on it's face like a Jigglypuff (almost) wannabe) Sorry I'm a little late in this topic...but is it comfirmed that Johanna will be a judge for Jessie's contest?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Wow i'm surprised this thread has dead for last past couple days, even though the episode airs tomorrow. Well does anyone get a feeling we may see the groups Pokemon? Because the students may want to see their Pokemon.

I hope we will see the friends' pokemon, recently they didn't go out to eat together and I hope it will happen with the kids. I don't expect for a great contest from Jessie, I think they will show only the appeal but in DP171 they might show all the battle rounds.

Candy-Musalina

GAME snOVER.
The contest part of this ep will probably be rushed indeed, but i agree with ash-kid for DP 171, i'm sure togekiss will battle and so we'll see jessie battling too since she's in every contest. However i hope Jessie won't get her 5th ribbon in the 171, she needs an episode focused on her for her last ribbon and in the togekiss ep it won't be the case.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^
Lol, this episode seems pretty good and funny (Piplup chasing after the boy who put graffiti on it's face like a Jigglypuff (almost) wannabe) Sorry I'm a little late in this topic...but is it comfirmed that Johanna will be a judge for Jessie's contest?

I think its 99.9% sure.

can't wait to see Pachirisu with his electricity:)

marilleze

I hope buneary gets more screen time in this episode than usual
sometimes it feels like its dawn's least favorite pokemon and it only knows three moves

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I do hope Dawn mixes some more elements like she did with the Flame-Ice thing. Lighting-Whirlpool or Spark-Hydro Pump sound interesting for Piplup and Pachirisu if they are partner's.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It's pretty much guarenteed that she'll win the contest and it looks like Seviper will be the star which is good as then all of her contests so far have had a different one of her's or James' pokemon as the star

Except Wobbuffet... That thing is too unworkable for contests... as of yet that is. I'm betting the writers are going to use it for Jessie's last ribbon..

I agree, as of late, I've been swamped by work so pokemon has to take a backseat, but as far as my attention goes, I've been totally disengaged with this episode. Sure, Jessie's getting her fourth ribbon and Dawn is practicing some appeals, but I couldn't care less about the plot of the beach school. I'll still watch it though. And yes, maybe they will show they're pokemon, like how they did in that Meowth/school episode(with the chivalrous Meowth), or that one in Johto..

I do hope Dawn mixes some more elements like she did with the Flame-Ice thing. Lighting-Whirlpool or Spark-Hydro Pump sound interesting for Piplup and Pachirisu if they are partner's.

New type combo's for the win!

The contest part of this ep will probably be rushed indeed, but i agree with ash-kid for DP 171, i'm sure togekiss will battle and so we'll see jessie battling too since she's in every contest. However i hope Jessie won't get her 5th ribbon in the 171, she needs an episode focused on her for her last ribbon and in the togekiss ep it won't be the case.

I don't know if there will even be a contest in DP 171... In my opinion, the Togekiss is a contest queen... which could just refer to the way it attacks, as how Aipom/Ambipom did. She could amaze us all with her flamboyant ranged attacks, while prancing around.. which may want Dawn to catch it.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Except Wobbuffet... That thing is too unworkable for contests... as of yet that is. I'm betting the writers are going to use it for Jessie's last ribbon..

I don't think she'll ever use it, like you said, it's unworkable in contests except maybe in appeal rounds. But in battles, reflecting attacks wouldn't necessarily give Jessie a one-way ticket to victory. She is using Seviper in this Contest again right? It's probably the strongest Pokemon Team Rocket has so it'll put on a great show, I hope.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I don't think she'll ever use it, like you said, it's unworkable in contests except maybe in appeal rounds. But in battles, reflecting attacks wouldn't necessarily give Jessie a one-way ticket to victory. She is using Seviper in this Contest again right? It's probably the strongest Pokemon Team Rocket has so it'll put on a great show, I hope.

It even sucked in the Performance Round it was used in, which was in the Wallace Cup.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

I'm not count on it, although Jessie will probably win this contest.

Somehow Seviper has a tendency to lose very quickly in battles/contest. Maybe she will use Yanmega in the battle rounds.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It even sucked in the Performance Round it was used in, which was in the Wallace Cup.

That was only because Jessie had used that "flying" appeal technique before and the judges thought it was repeatative. It "sucked" because it was unoriginal. As for this Contest, I think Jessie's learned a lot of stuff in Sinnoh, enough to earn her the 4th ribbon.

Shinnie-tan

That was only because Jessie had used that "flying" appeal technique before and the judges thought it was repeatative. It "sucked" because it was unoriginal. As for this Contest, I think Jessie's learned a lot of stuff in Sinnoh, enough to earn her the 4th ribbon.
I thought it was because for the appeal rounds of the Wallace Cup, you had to incorporate water into it...which, Jessie didn't do if I recall correctly.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a good training session to be seen in this episode alongside of Jessie's contest. I'm not too psyched about the bratty face-drawing kid but who knows, maybe he'll make things interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.