• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP170 & 171 - Bertha and Togekiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowkingsley

From Newtype. (Real this time)

1st April
DP170 - Elite Four Bertha! Hippowdon vs Torterra!!

A boy Yooshichi, who encounters Satoshi and the group, is a novice trainer that says his important partner, the "Live Coal Pokemon" Magby, was left in the care of the daycare centre because it will become stronger. However, this daycare centre was a fake. Yooshichi is puzzled. But, as for this town, it seems as if there is anything to find out about pokemon matters, there is a person called Kikkuuno. The group suddenly meets with Kikkuuno in a section of the town.

(Not sure if Kikkuuno is a misspelling of Kikuno or fake-Kikuno, so I'll leave as is.)

DP171 - Dancing Togekiss! Pokemon Contest Princess!!
Satashi and the group, who are visiting Katakuri Town, went to observe an in session contest. Whilst there, a woman, Freesia, who discovers the appearance of Dawn, calls out and asks a favour of Dawn. She says that for just one day she wants her to trade places with the Princess. The group, head in the direction of the Origin of the Princess in order to hear her story. When there, Princess Iris, who sees she looks exactly like Dawn, says she has been longing for a chance, no matter what to go and want to try in a contest.

This is followed by another break on the 8th. Summaries will be available in a few days.

Edit: Changed the title from Queen to Princess, because it's a better translation.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Bertha so soon? We just met Flint a few episodes ago, seems like a little too much lol. Togekiss was expected, but I was hoping it would evolve from a Togepi. The title makes it seem like it'll be caught in it's fully evolve form (I'm guessing this is Dawn's Togekiss).

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
From Newtype. (Real this time)

1st April
DP170 - Elite Four Bertha! Hippowdon vs Torterra!!
DP171 - Dancing Togekiss! Pokemon Contest Queen!!

Great Find as per usual

OMG this is amazing we finally get to see Bertha i have to admit i did not expect to see her so soon and what's even better is Torterra is getting some screen time and by the looks of it will have a pretty big role

AND!! Togekiss is making it's appearance and as i expected it will just be captured as a Togekiss and not a Togepi/Togetic

Looks like this is the best double reveal of episodes we've had in a very long time.....VERY INTERESTING AND EXCITING :D:D

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Oh yes, they're really rushing it now.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
But how there is another contest?

Last edited:

BM14murph

Master Collector
Oh yes, they're really rushing it now.

This has been planned more than likely since like October so it's not really being rushed at all it's just being a very good saga and good writing by the writers as we're getting almost no fillers now

Lorde

This is followed by another break on the 8th.

Ah so there will be two episodes on April 1, and as expected, a break the week after. It almost always happens when they show two episodes.

Not sure if they should too exciting to me, I was expecting Bertha eventually and Togekiss before the GF, so it looks like the writers won't disappoint us afterall.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
But how there are another contest?

Maybe Jessie's *shot*. Probably not a real Pokémon contest, maybe a Pokémon dancing contest.

Lorde

Maybe Jessie's *shot*. Probably not a real Pokémon contest, maybe a Pokémon dancing contest.

Probably a highly skilled Coordinator will appear since it says Pokemon Contest Queen. Not sure if we've met one besides Johanna maybe.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good that Bertha is appearing. Now all the elite 4 have appeared. And this time Ash will beat an elite 4. They are appearing only because Ash won't be a champion.
Hey gyus, it means that this Togekiss is female, right? But i wonder if this is a real poke contest, because Dawn has already 5 ribbons.

Last edited:

Lorde

Good that Bertha is appearing. Now all the elite 4 have appeared. And this time Ash will beat an elite 4. They are appearing only because Ash won't be a champion.
Hey gyus, it means that this Togekiss is female, right? But i wonder if this is a real poke contest, because Dawn has already 5 ribbons.

What...what makes you think he'll beat Bertha? There is no such reference in the title and although it's slightly possible, we all know he never gets to beat one so it's most likely not going to happen.

FlyAsADunsparce

Wow so soon! I sure am excited. So Togekiss is probably going to be used in GF... I think the Contest Queen is Jasmine or maybe Fantina.

Cris~Wigglytuff~

elite wigglejiggle!?
torterra might have a chance of beating bertha's hippowdon, that is assuming that they fight (duh!)
yay screentime for twiggy

the dancing contest queen could be jasmine, but idk how a togekiss will fit into this. maybe she appears with cynthia, and she gives dawn a togetic.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
the dancing contest queen could be jasmine, but idk how a togekiss will fit into this. maybe she appears with cynthia, and she gives dawn a togetic.

Good idea, Cynthia might appear along with Bertha in this episode. And then Dawn somehow will get it. This is probably Jessie's final contest, and I hope that right away the GF will start.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
torterra might have a chance of beating bertha's hippowdon, that is assuming that they fight (duh!)
yay screentime for twiggy

Considering Hippowdon is Bertha's main Pokémon in D/P and she is an Elite Four, quite likely indeed.

Cynthia as dancing contest queen, I would like to see that. Anyways, we are not sure if this a real contest or a dancing contest. Honestly, Dawn obtaining a Togekiss/tic from anyone seems so weird to me.

Bertha may help Ash maneuver Torterra better since its no longer Grotle and even Bigger now as a Torterra. On Bulbagarden someone said Paul is showing up in this Episode or his VA is listed but I doubt he's appearing.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
On Bulbagarden someone said Paul is showing up in this Episode or his VA is listed but I doubt he's appearing.

Who said that :s? We only said there is a possiblity for him to appear as he has a Torterra.

And don't forget Torterra is now part Ground and Bertha's specialty is Ground-types.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Who said that :s? We only said there is a possiblity for him to appear as he has a Torterra.

And don't forget Torterra is now part Ground and Bertha's specialty is Ground-types.

There is no summary yet, I guess it's only a speculation.

Ash's Torterra has a type advantage vs Hippowdon but we have seen that it doesn't mean nothing especially when we are talking about an E4 member.

That's exactly what I meant Since Bertha specializes in Ground type it would be a Good training Episode for Gible and Torterra there both Ground Types after all oh and wait nvm >.< I was wrong about the Paul's Va thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.