• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP170 & 171 - Bertha and Togekiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
How is an old granny not interesting? You ever been chased by one on a motorised buggy who whacks you with a handbag?

Razor leaf on TorterrAsh? That would be some violent multiple backflip ;)

Discounting the handbag...I KNEW IT!!! See, Bertha was always going to be interesting, living the fast life with fast cars ;)

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Wow, Bertha drives like Cynthia, if not faster. Crazy old bat. It's good to see that she has Golem too, besides just Hippowdon. And is that silvery attack that Hippowdon was using Iron Head? It sure looked like it to me.

As for the second episode...What the heck is up with Double Dawn? I mean, how often do you find someone who looks EXACTLY like you? A Prince and the Pauper storyline is a pretty original idea, though. Plus, Togekiss seems to know cool moves. Aura Sphere and Extremespeed, right?

Last edited:

uber gon

Accept Change
Hope Ash at least does better with Hippowdon than Paul did with Garchomp.

Bell56

The One and Only
How about Torterra's rock climb it sure is powerful looking and it seems as though they are treating it like a rock or ground type move. I like how well Ash's Torterra can move it definatly makes it different than Paul's tank of a Torterra

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
why are people making a big deal out of Togekiss knowing Aura Sphere?

In any case i'm looking forward to how the first episode plays out more than the second one, heh when's the last time we saw Golem anyway?

thunderblade12

We shouldn't go the games way cause in game when we receive a Pokemon from NPC it is a rare Pokemon and in games Pokemon are just data. Just revive them in battle using max revive or use potion to heal them. Only thing that matters is winning. But here is a case of reputation. When Dawn gets a Pokemon who is fully evolved Pokemon in its third stage it will put a dent in Sinnoh's reputation. Would you feel the same if Ash hands out Infernape to Paul at the end of Sinnoh after training it for more than 100 episode?

To the player(us) the pokemon are nothing than data (unless they're crazy/lonely). However, to the characters of the game pokemon are living creatures just like they are in the anime. Hence the cemetarys and hatred for evil organizations that harm pokemon. Besides, based on your screen name, it's obvious that this is a trivial argument.

Dax

Legend
The preview sold me. I can't believe I have to wait until April 1st to see Togekiss. I haven't been so excited for an episode in a while.:(

that part where torterra and hippowdon collide on the rock climb, that is how i think the battle between honchkrow and torterra will end at the league (honchkrow obviously using a different attack though)

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
and I gotta wait til TPCI dub it (I get lost in translation)

Edit: Oh I get it now! 2 separate episodes but air in a one hour special

Last edited:

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
why are people making a big deal out of Togekiss knowing Aura Sphere?
There's still "auraholic" drama running around from (literally) years ago when people thought Ash would get a Riolu. Don't ask me why. Especially since all of the drama is coming from people going "oh man, I bet there'll be so many auraholics jumping all over this" nowadays.

Isis and Dawn look identical(other than their hairstyle). I'm not sure why anyone was surprised about that, since that's kind of a pivotal plot point of the episode. On that note:
What's with all the people going "what's up with there being TWO DAWNS? It's so weird having someone who looks just like her! What a novel plotline!" Am I the only person here who remembers the AG episode where there was a kid who looked identical to Max? "There's someone who looks identical to this main character!" is (thankfully) a plot point that hasn't been recycled to death, but it is notable enough that at least some of you should have remembered it happening before. What's next, people acting shocked at Brock's new song and dance routine when he uses Takeshi no Paradise to distract a crowd?
For an even older example of "whoa, this new character looks an awful lot like this main character!", see Jessiebelle.

And Togekiss knows an attack it learns naturally in the games. What a shocker! I suspect this means the writers are easing down on the "aura is a super special power!" thing they built up a while back, at least as far as Pokemon using aura goes. And that Togekiss will have a powerful, reliable attack, which makes sense since Dawn doesn't have much time to train it at this stage in the game.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder if Togekiss will be a part of Staraptor learning Sky Attack? He can learn it in HGSS so he might learn it here.

BlueDragonfangirl

I really hope that's not the case.
It'd mean every one could use aura, I don't want that >>

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I really hope that's not the case.
It'd mean every one could use aura, I don't want that >>
What are u complaining about?the fact that Togekiss knows Aura Sphere?cuz it's an attack it knows naturally in the games

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The problem is Lucario and Togekiss might be special in the fact thier the only two non ledgendaries to use the move, but still considering how many pokemon get the move I don't see why it alone is so bloody special.

Lucario and certain humans can use Aura for more than just attacking, which is something i'm sure most of the other users of the move can't do which is why the whole bashing concept is silly because it seems like some of you act like Dawn is going to start using Aura like Ash did breifly in the 8th movie and the Riolu ranger special, but isn't that kind of a silly thing to even consider?

Last edited:

thunderblade12

The attacks Togekiss use in the preview look odd.

To me the sphere looks like it could either be Aura Sphere or Air Slash and the physical attack could either be Sky Attack or Aerial Ace.

dawn hater

They shouldn't have done a double episode with these two episodes. And discussing two episodes in one thread is not fun cause some people are talking about one episode while other are talking about other and hence the flow is breaking.
Attack check: Is Golem using Stone Edge?
And Torterra is turning the battle field into a mountain again just like Palmer episode.

Wonder if Togekiss will be a part of Staraptor learning Sky Attack? He can learn it in HGSS so he might learn it here.

Why should Staraptor learn Sky Attack when it can learn Heat Wave or Roost?

Besides, based on your screen name, it's obvious that this is a trivial argument.

Like I said earlier, don't talk about my screen name.

Skull-Kid

I can't waiit for the episode after the watching the preview.

Glad Togekiss got Aura Sphere. It only learns 4 moves so the writers had to give it Aura Sphere. Take that Auraholics!

Can anyone answer if it was Iron Head or Double-Edge Hippowdon was using?

i think golem is going to be used to shoot down team rocket's balloon, no idea what they took though, pikachu and piplup were both in the buggy, and you would think they wouldnt be able to pick up torterra or hippowdon

though im personally hoping that golem is used in a battle against ash and loses, after all ash is using one of his strongest pokemon, it has a 4x advantage over golem, and its about time ash defeated at least 1 elite 4 pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.