• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DP170 & 171 - Bertha and Togekiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Torterra looks cool with the rock climb, much better than Paul's Torterra.
I hope the battle won't be interupt because they will chase after TR's balloon. And we still don't know if Hippowdon is male or female.
I hope Togekiss's attack (after the sky attack) with the circles will be roost.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
One way to tell. Gray = Female.

HoennMaster

The preview is awesome. Bertha looks funny and amazing and I'm so glad she's finally appearing. The battle looks great. Although judging my Torterra using Rock Climb it makes me feel like DP100 was mostly pointless.

Togekiss looks great. If this is the Togekiss Dawn is getting (ok so it is) then at least it is strong.

Hippowdon knows Iron Head so most probably Torterra will learn it too.

And how exactly does that make sense?

As for Dp172 the other girl looks just like Dawn and it looks like Dawn might get the Togekiss from her just like Ash won pity badges in Kanto.

That's not even a good comparison. Pity badges and getting a Pokémon because it likes you and or contests is totally different.

Torterra looks cool with the rock climb, much better than Paul's Torterra.

Well duh, Paul's Torterra hasn't used Rock Climb.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
One way to tell. Gray = Female.

It is gray only because it is using Iron Head. A female Hippowdon's color should be black/bright black. There are pokemon that are using Iron Head and all their body becomes gray like Batiodon and Registeel. (unlike Aggron, for example).

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/tv/index.html

The official pokemon site has updated with summaries of these two episodes, and it seems like the name of the princess is Salvia as opposed to the name Iris that was mentioned in Newtype.

Haha, that's great, everyone was getting worked up on the name of Togekiss' owner a few pages back, but it isn't what we thought it'd be. Love that picture of Bertha on the site! She looks evil somehow, like Agatha would look if the writers had thought to make her like her anime and manga counterpart :p

shac

It is gray only because it is using Iron Head. A female Hippowdon's color should be black/bright black. There are pokemon that are using Iron Head and all their body becomes gray like Batiodon and Registeel. (unlike Aggron, for example).

I am sure Spacialrend did not mean that. Everyone understands that hippo looked that way coz it is using an attack.

Anyway, for all people saying togekiss knows aura-sphere, i think you are wrong. it looked more like air-slash to me....or may be even some form of hidden power even.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

The official pokemon site has updated with summaries of these two episodes, and it seems like the name of the princess is Salvia as opposed to the name Iris that was mentioned in Newtype.

Thank you for this. it is not a big renew just another picture of Bertha and Dawn.

And this is what is written there in DP171:

Hikari just like the princess of our appearance?
Contend with instead of putting the outcome of the contest?

shac

Salvia? what kind of name is that? sounds too much like 'saliva'!!@! what's in a name though, right? It's funny how she is a princess but can't even do what she likes to do once in a while. Why bother being a princess then?

and how come we ain't got titles for 173-174 yet?

dawn hater

And how exactly does that make sense?

Because it is likely that after seeing a powerful move like that, Ash will teach it to Torterra. Its like Brave Bird and Energy Ball which were powerful attacks and Ash wanted to teach it to his Pokemon.

That's not even a good comparison. Pity badges and getting a Pokémon because it likes you and or contests is totally different.

Your are right, that was a lame comparison. Let me try something else. Its like giving Ash a Tyranitar just before the league so that he can do better in the league.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Salvia? what kind of name is that? sounds too much like 'saliva'!!@! what's in a name though, right?

I don't much like the name Salvia, but it'll probably change when the episode airs in the US so I'm not worried. I guess they wanted it to sound foreign, kind of like a European name for a princess.

HoennMaster

Because it is likely that after seeing a powerful move like that, Ash will teach it to Torterra. Its like Brave Bird and Energy Ball which were powerful attacks and Ash wanted to teach it to his Pokemon

Ok I didn't think of that. But he's not going to teach every new move he sees to his Pokémon.

Candy-Musalina

GAME snOVER.
I asked a friend of mine to translate it when i saw it.

It means that "and also... news about what will happen !", at least it mention that they'll give us news.

We'll probably get a prewiew of the upcoming episodes, like we got at the end of the Galactic Arc and for the Snowpoint arc i think... but i'm not sure it will be about the anime, it also could be about new games.

thunderblade12

Because it is likely that after seeing a powerful move like that, Ash will teach it to Torterra. Its like Brave Bird and Energy Ball which were powerful attacks and Ash wanted to teach it to his Pokemon.

Your are right, that was a lame comparison. Let me try something else. Its like giving Ash a Tyranitar just before the league so that he can do better in the league.

I agree with HoennMaster on the first point. He's not going to teach every move he happens to see to one of his pokemon. Right now it's just random, baseless speculation to say it'll learn Iron Head.

As for the second point, this Togekiss belongs to a princess who apparently has no contest training or skills. Getting an untrained pokemon this late in the game may actually be a hinderance for Dawn. Just being a certain species of pokemon isn't enough. We've seen Dragonite get one-shotted by Paul's Honchkrow. And I'm sure even Ash's weakest pokemon would be able to defeat that random kid's Tyranitar from the Politoed episode. The trainer and amount of training the pokemon has also matters.

It means that "and also... news about what will happen !", at least it mention that they'll give us news.

We'll probably get a prewiew of the upcoming episodes, like we got at the end of the Galactic Arc and for the Snowpoint arc i think... but i'm not sure it will be about the anime, it also could be about new games.

Hopefully. Those always lead to tons of excitement on these forums. Probably Grand Festival and pre-League stuff if so.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Getting a Pokemon like Togekiss doesn't ensure Dawn will do better at the GF, especially since Dawn will probably only use it once for a battle and appeal (Maybe) Remember how she bombed with Mamoswine a Pokemon that actually had some training in it's first Contest? Togekiss will probably act like a stronger Cyndaquil and by that I mean a tag partner that will help her out, but it's not going to carry Dawn's team on it's back because everyone even Buneary and Cyndaquil have more contest training then it. It'll be hilarious if people complain that Dawn only did well because she got Togekiss if she only uses it for one battle, which is most likely to happen since she has six Pokemon that need to shine at least once at the GF.

adyniz

Bulbapædist
Wohooo :D

Oh wow. I just can't wait :D
It will be a GRAND SURPRISE. I think that's why TV Tokyo & Pokemon Japanese site haven't revealed new titles (except DP170 171). Normally Pokemon Japanese site reveals 4 new titles (whether its a one hour special or not) but this time only two. TV Tokyo haven't revealed any new title either (look at the down bar of the TV Tokyo dp site, it's empty).
Something big is going to happen on April 1 (I don't think it will be an april fool kind of stuff, it will be something epic related to the anime just like Candy-Musalina & thunderblade12 said).

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*

Maybe Salvia is the kingdom?

So I guess we can add Bertha to the list of people who drive like maniacs in the Pokemon world (along with Scott, Professor "Hoenn," and Noland).

Status
Not open for further replies.